Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)

Go ahead and laugh, but Jaden can actually play right back, too. If we're in a bad fix, he can be a real pest. Not where we want him, but it's an emergency solution available. He's good at tracking back, naturally, and sometimes seems to drift into what is essentially a wingback slot. I want a new right back, but we have to find some creative ways to make do if we get in a tough spot.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Seems our club is being more serious about getting in line with PSR than anyone of us would have thought, or liked.

I wouldn’t like to lose Buendia, Then again I REALLY hated to lose Dougie, But que sera sera:

If we sign a defender or two, even If only on loan, I’m fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Dharmesh Sheth now talking about deal sheets.

It’s about time I got shit-faced.

I wish someone would deal a sheet of aluminium right to the bald smug prick's stupid face.

• Haha 1

Can’t wait for the curtain to fall on the circus. 

It’s been a good window, we have added quality and opportunity as well as two very good first 11 players in Maatsen and Onana. We still have Donk surplus to requirement, but given the stupid salaries it’s no wonder they are still here. Nothing wrong with Cash or Carlos, yes they could be upgraded but just because we didn’t get a new shiny signing doesn’t mean we are worse off. 

Most excited about Ramsey and Rogers, also interested in what Buendia will bring as he was looking so effective before his injury. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think it’s important to reiterate that Onana is not the/a Luiz replacement… that’s Tielemans, if anyone.

Onana brings us something different and what we didn’t have or were missing.

It’s Youri’s job to replace the sort of output and control Dougie gave us. To create, attack and cut through teams with his passing. Buendia can also help with that, further forward or out wide.

Onana’s is to be a powerhouse, make us more resilient and more difficult to dominate - particularly physically. Win duels and headers first and foremost.

There is no comparison between the players.

This 💯

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wish someone would deal a sheet of aluminium right to the bald smug prick's stupid face.

I second this, the amount of bullshit he spouts winds me up. 

We’ve signed Onana, Maartsen, Philogene and we have Ramsey, Buendia and Mings back from injury. Along with Rogers announcing himself. We definitely are stronger than last season.

May have been nice to get one more through the door but we are absolutely fine.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Go ahead and laugh, but Jaden can actually play right back, too. If we're in a bad fix, he can be a real pest. Not where we want him, but it's an emergency solution available. He's good at tracking back, naturally, and sometimes seems to drift into what is essentially a wingback slot. I want a new right back, but we have to find some creative ways to make do if we get in a tough spot.

It was more wing back experience he has from his Cardiff but you could see him developing into an Ashley Young type defender if circumstances conspire. It's a good call.

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It was more wing back experience he has from his Cardiff but you could see him developing into an Ashley Young type defender if circumstances conspire. It's a good call.

Philogene could be our most versatile player, in competition with Rogers possibly.

JP can play LW, RW, LM, RM, RWB and LWB without it being strange. He’d probably be a more than decent no 10 too but lets not go there for now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Weird thing being forest already rejected that move in June when they did the Anderson for the GK swap deal

Madness that theyve waited until deadline day to go back in for him 

They’ve had a terrible window. Desperate stuff from them. 

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They’ve had a terrible window. Desperate stuff from them. 

If you were a Forest or Newcastle fan, you’d insist they both just had the best windows in football history,

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â