Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

considering emery name dropped buendia as being an important player for the season a few hours ago we should be good. 

Managers are paid to talk shit in situations like that though, ”What we say is absolutely true, until conditions change”. Fans read everything the club says as gospel, that’s pretty naive.

Donk dragging his heels on a move, Fulham moving onto other defensive targets and Feyenoord selling other players before the one that we were after didn't help us make a signing, nor did that bloke who signed for Chelsea instead of us. Two players would have really further strengthened us, but it wasn't to be thanks to PSR & UEFA's even more restrictive rules. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, John said:

Donk dragging his heels on a move, Fulham moving onto other defensive targets and Feyenoord selling other players before the one that we were after didn't help us make a signing, nor did that bloke who signed for Chelsea instead of us. Two players would have really further strengthened us, but it wasn't to be thanks to PSR & UEFA's even more restrictive rules. :rolleyes:

All as the cartel intended.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Gotta get away from the Positive Feelings Police. Is there nowhere safe to be negative?

giphy.gif

spacer.png

Go on, hit us with the negativity then…

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I'd say Man Utd have done good business on paper strengthening defence and midfield. Spurs have added Solanke when they didn't really have a 9 last season. Chelsea have added another 200 players so should be stronger too. Newcastle haven't seemed to do much though.

As for ourselves it's debatable and comes down to how you rate Onana compared to Luiz and whether you think Diaby is a big loss. Personally I'm happy with our squad but a top CB/RB would have been the cherry on top.

Most importantly though when it comes to how we match up to other teams we have 1 big advantage. We have Unai.

Think it’s important to reiterate that Onana is not the/a Luiz replacement… that’s Tielemans, if anyone.

Onana brings us something different and what we didn’t have or were missing.

It’s Youri’s job to replace the sort of output and control Dougie gave us. To create, attack and cut through teams with his passing. Buendia can also help with that, further forward or out wide.

Onana’s is to be a powerhouse, make us more resilient and more difficult to dominate - particularly physically. Win duels and headers first and foremost.

There is no comparison between the players.

• Like 2

Despite my disappointment about us not strengthening our defence today, I’m delighted that we have sensible people running the club who are not desperately throwing money around.

£100m for Guehi and Elanga would have been hilarious.

Edited by jacketspuds

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

OMG. Icing on the cake, this one. Get it done and keep some value in him for when we sell in the Summer.

Me likey!

Err NO!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

She also mentioned that. She was pretty surprised tbf. 

I have no idea why I'm violating patient confidentiality by revealing this information, though. Very unprofessional of me. 

No way that you’re a doctor, you lack the intelligence.

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

£35m for Elanga to Newcastle.

Christ alive.

We have a bargain in getting Philogene back.

Weird thing being forest already rejected that move in June when they did the Anderson for the GK swap deal

Madness that theyve waited until deadline day to go back in for him 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â