Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Indigo said:

Pretty sure that ship has sailed.

He'd be a good signing for Villa anyway, who are in direct competition with Chelsea in the league.

Yeah and I don't like it. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Would've preferred a couple more incoming signings but we've done well overall this summer, and I think our severe injury problems last season made the squad depth look worse than it actually was. Mings, Buendia and to a lesser extent Ramsey are effectively like new signings.

Ultimately we have to juggle things with the financial rules, and I suspect we have some room to dip in significantly in January if necessary.

We also secured the signing of a long term contract for Martinez which was far more important than any of the players we were linked with.

This will have affected our finances too but will be worth every single penny.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why don't we just cheat and ignore it like Chelsea?

I think in fairness to Chelsea, the sold academy players Maatsen and Gallagher for a combined £80m - pure profit. That equates to 8nr £50m (£400m total fee) players on 5 year amortised fees.

Thats how they do it.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think in fairness to Chelsea, the sold academy players Maatsen and Gallagher for a combined £80m - pure profit. That equates to 8nr £50m (£400m total fee) players on 5 year amortised fees.

Thats how they do it.

They also sold a hotel to themselves to get round the rules too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Fabrizio Romano just said on his stream we looked at a deal for Lo Celso today but he's going to Betis.

We looked, we laughed and we moved on.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Still wouldn’t surprise me if we’re trying to get a defender on loan if Dendoncker goes.

Probably won’t happen, but given that we now have 2 fit first team CB’s it makes sense to try.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Have our rivals done much more? 

Have Newcastle, Spurs and United had better windows than us? 

We are still in a very strong position. 

I'd say Man Utd have done good business on paper strengthening defence and midfield. Spurs have added Solanke when they didn't really have a 9 last season. Chelsea have added another 200 players so should be stronger too. Newcastle haven't seemed to do much though.

As for ourselves it's debatable and comes down to how you rate Onana compared to Luiz and whether you think Diaby is a big loss. Personally I'm happy with our squad but a top CB/RB would have been the cherry on top.

Most importantly though when it comes to how we match up to other teams we have 1 big advantage. We have Unai.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Gotta get away from the Positive Feelings Police. Is there nowhere safe to be negative?

giphy.gif

You’ll always have Twitter. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, East London Villa said:

All of the players you mentioned are due back in full training within a month. A month in which there is a 2 week international break. You can't sign players just to cover that.

Of course not. Not saying we should sign players just for a few weeks.

Most clubs have 4 senior CBs to handle situations like these. We have 3. One of those 3 is apparently now unavailable, which makes things more stressful.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â