Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Would've preferred a couple more incoming signings but we've done well overall this summer, and I think our severe injury problems last season made the squad depth look worse than it actually was. Mings, Buendia and to a lesser extent Ramsey are effectively like new signings.

Ultimately we have to juggle things with the financial rules, and I suspect we have some room to dip in significantly in January if necessary.

That's it. Mostly very good + a little disappointing + manager happy + January = We're OK

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm gay.

She also mentioned that. She was pretty surprised tbf. 

I have no idea why I'm violating patient confidentiality by revealing this information, though. Very unprofessional of me. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why don't we just cheat and ignore it like Chelsea?

We should of formed Villa FC, entered the Midlands Sunday League, Nasif could of sold Dendonker, Chambers etc... to Villa FC for £100mill each, Villa FC then loan them to European Clubs for free as long as they pay the wages and Aston Villa pocket about £500mill.

I hope Boelhy don't read our forum. 

I think it's become obvious this season is about consolidation. When you think about Spurs upper trajectory, which had financial restraints not because of PSR but because Levy runs a tight ship, there were plenty of years where they finished 5th/6th and didn't get CL but they were realistic and embraced the mentality of being a selling club by prioritizing buying young up and coming players who could be sold in their prime for massive profit which helped subsidize revenue growth, over going broke for CL every year by buying late 20s/early 30s players with no resale value. It's astute business we're doing, given the obvious bullshit cards we've been dealt and even if we finish 6th or 7th... if we're above 60 points, with maybe a deep cup run or 2, we'll be just fine. Nobody's tripping over themselves to jump ship from Newcastle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

As the season goes on Amundsen-Day will emerge as serious conteder for fifth choice centre-back role, looks ice cool

Oh. Rock me Amundsen-Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Caddy said:

I think it's become obvious this season is about consolidation. When you think about Spurs upper trajectory, which had financial restraints not because of PSR but because Levy runs a tight ship, there were plenty of years where they finished 5th/6th and didn't get CL but they were realistic and embraced the mentality of being a selling club by prioritizing buying young up and coming players who could be sold in their prime for massive profit which helped subsidize revenue growth, over going broke for CL every year by buying late 20s/early 30s players with no resale value. It's astute business we're doing, given the obvious bullshit cards we've been dealt and even if we finish 6th or 7th... if we're above 60 points, with maybe a deep cup run or 2, we'll be just fine. Nobody's tripping over themselves to jump ship from Newcastle.

It's all on Lerner's shocking mismanagement that spurs got ahead of us in the pecking order. We were always the bigger club until the 2010s. Let us hope that rectifies itself under NSWS.

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Al Ahli have to free up space to sign both Toney & Omishen - cheeky loan bid for Veiga or Ibanez with them covering full wages 😂

Demiral please 👍

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be doing everything to loan Chalobah about now if it was remotely possible. 

**** helping that bunch of cheating pricks 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Arsenal had a similar period under Wenger when they were building the new stadium

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It's all on Lerner's shocking mismanagement that spurs got ahead of us in the pecking order. We were always the bigger club until the 2010s. Let us hope that rectifies itself under NSWS.

If you go back to the early 1990s, we were also still above City and Chelsea in the pecking order. Blame Deadly Doug for falling behind too.

7 minutes ago, Caddy said:

I don't think it is consolidation at all. I think we have overachieved in getting 4th last year having only just scraped Conference league qualification the year before. It's still only 5 years since we have been back up to the prem.  I think the club is rushing around trying to max our commercial revenues as quickly as possible to try and catch up to our now lofty position in the football hierarchy. Hence all of the GA nonsense by Heck. We have a short window to do this to try and keep up with the scum 6.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

As the season goes on Amundsen-Day will emerge as serious conteder for fifth choice centre-back role, looks ice cool

That'll be the day 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

**** helping that bunch of cheating pricks 

Pretty sure that ship has sailed.

He'd be a good signing for Villa anyway, who are in direct competition with Chelsea in the league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â