Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Sterling isn't good enough for us, but good enough for Arsenal. That's usually the way it goes. See also Bentancur, Felix, Chiesa, Rogers, Watkins, Barkley etc etc etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rolta said:

Sterling isn't good enough for us, but good enough for Arsenal. That's usually the way it goes. See also Bentancur, Felix, Chiesa, Rogers, Watkins, Barkley etc etc etc. 

Who said Sterling wasn't good enough? Ability wise of course he is. We just haven't got the luxury of paying the sort of wages he is on but if we ever do it would need to be used on someone that can offer more than Sterling.

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He wanted Felix and was prepared to go out on a limb for him, same with WIlliams.

As shown in his first window, isnt one for making signings for the sake of making them, he want specifically the right player. 

We know he can work magic with this squad, I've seen enough in the first two games to feel relaxed that we are a better version than last season and have a deeper and better quality squad even without the icing on the cake. 

Everyone is finding PSR and UEFA limits very tricky this window, we are not immune.

The rules/restrictions are one thing but… we’re not quite there in terms of appeal or attractiveness are we? Or profile?

Another good season could change things and turn more heads… a bit surprised players haven’t appeared to be more enthused by us and eager to join considering how well we have done and are going to be competing in the CL. But we don’t really know who we were after and whether we were turned down or not… and by who.

The policy of creating/developing your own stars is also an excellent one and something Unai is adept at…

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who said Sterling wasn't good enough? Ability wise of course he is. We just haven't got the luxury of paying the sort of wages he is on but if we ever do it would need to be used on someone that can offer more than Sterling.

Loads of people did. Not everyone though, of course. Sweeping statements annoy me, so I should be careful, but I am squarely aiming the comment at whoever and everyone who moans all the time at the people we're linked to. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Read the Sterling thread 🤣

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Frimpong to Zed FC for 55 mill then on loan to us for 3 mill?

Exactly! And Sawiris to gift the 55m brown paper bag to Zed FC

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry to repeat a post from elsewhere but y'all should spare a thought for the jawdies. They've spent £10 mill. 

Like Wolves they are largely irrelevant to.my everyday thoughts. Unless I want a laugh. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, East London Villa said:

In terms of numbers at the back, we have the same as City Arsenal Liverpool Spurs. 8-9 players. City have 3 young players in there (Lewis Kabore Wilson-Esbrand). Arsenal have 2 longish injuries Tomiyasu Tierney, plus Timber returning from long term injury. Liverpool have 2 young players (Bradley Quansah). Spurs have 2 (Reguilon Spence) that have been shipped around on loan.

We just happen to have picked up 2 short term injuries at the same time as Mings still returning, who was always going to be given the opportunity to prove his fitness and find a good level again. It leaves us with 6 fit defenders out of 9 for a few weeks. That doesn't warrant a signing.

I didn't say those injuries warranted a signing, just that they show we're a bit stretched regardless in terms of depth. Bogarde's main position has been at DM, he may get listed and/or used at CB but the fact remains that he's never played a competitive men's game there so the fact he's that high up the pecking order in the first place says something. Mings has been out for a long, long time, isn't back yet and there's no telling when he will be or more to the point at full match-fitness. Then you factor in Cash tends to get muscle injuries each season, his back-up albeit talented is only 18 and you ideally wouldn't to throw him in at the deep end etc. In what's going to be an extremely hectic season you're putting a lot on the fitness of Konsa and Torres over the next months. Far from saying it's some kind of crisis or cause for panic but I think even with Cash and Carlos fit we could have done with another body in, ideally one that can cover more than one position as that is a luxury that the likes of Arsenal and City that you've listed have themselves (even Gomez for Liverpool is a great one as he's played across the line). Spurs aren't in too dissimilar a boat to Villa in terms of defensive numbers and I've seen their fans share the same sentiments

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sterling is being offered to Arsenal. Is there any club he hasn't been offered to yet?

Hopefully nobody takes him and he's stuck at Chelsea all season kicking up a stink in the background.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â