Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, dukes said:

4 players, played 128 games (up until now) and cost £137.2M, thats £1.07M per game played. Our 22/23 accounts showed income from Gate Receipts for the year to be £18.8M so that means they cost us the equivalent of 7 seasons of gate receipts.

What a depressing fact that is! Great way to present the info, well done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

He seems happy so we're probably done now. It would be foolish to now sit and watch all the feeds looking for a signing but **** it...

spacer.png

🙂

Would've preferred a couple more incoming signings but we've done well overall this summer, and I think our severe injury problems last season made the squad depth look worse than it actually was. Mings, Buendia and to a lesser extent Ramsey are effectively like new signings.

Ultimately we have to juggle things with the financial rules, and I suspect we have some room to dip in significantly in January if necessary.

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Would've preferred a couple more incoming signings but we've done well overall this summer, and I think our severe injury problems last season made the squad depth look worse than it actually was. Mings, Buendia and to a lesser extent Ramsey are effectively like new signings.

Ultimately we have to juggle things with the financial rules, and I suspect we have some room to dip in significantly in January if necessary.

Looking forward to seeing your gif after the CL games 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, allani said:

For years people have been complaining about how teams like Brighton can sign players before they become megastars and how we should be better at doing the same (whilst overlooking the flops Brighton have signed and the big hits we've signed - Luiz, McGinn, Emi, etc).

Since January we've signed Ned, Rogers, Maatsen and Onana who are all going to be big players for us this season.  Plus a handful of other youngsters who could develop significantly.  Hopefully they will provide the core of our team for a few seasons - but I expect most of them to more than double in value if we have / want to sell them.  Either way it's great for us in the mid - long term.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ypy2zuyq5vwdnuzaoc

• Thanks 1

He wanted Felix and was prepared to go out on a limb for him, same with WIlliams.

As shown in his first window, isnt one for making signings for the sake of making them, he want specifically the right player. 

We know he can work magic with this squad, I've seen enough in the first two games to feel relaxed that we are a better version than last season and have a deeper and better quality squad even without the icing on the cake. 

Everyone is finding PSR and UEFA limits very tricky this window, we are not immune.

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Sooo hypothetically, if Nedeljkovic clashes his head in the 1st minute vs Leicester, what change does Emery make?

Konsa to RB, Carlos to CB?

Edit: Ah, Carlos injured...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We aren't signing anyone else.

He's shit anyway...

From 'No Labels' to RFK Jr., Is Third Party Politics Here to Stay?

*** Back story... this guy really did change his name to " Literally Anybody else " 😂

True story....

Merrrrca!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Sooo hypothetically, if Nedeljkovic clashes his head in the 1st minute vs Leicester, what change does Emery make?

Konsa RB, Bogarde CB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What we need is a good, old fashioned bit of fraudulent activity! Is that too much to ask?!

By all means give Martinez a new contract, but why not offer him massively reduced wages, that we will top-up ‘off the books’ to the required amount via Sawiris Offshore Holdings Limited!

Yes, buy Onana for £50 million, or whatever it was, but can we not tip-ex the paperwork to show that we are paying it in 50 yearly instalments of £1 million!

Come on Villa! Get creative! That’s what Dr Tony would have wanted!

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think the point is more so we're short at the back generally, even without Cash and Carlos being out, so that being the case just highlights how little wiggle room we have in the inevitable case of injuries there.

In terms of numbers at the back, we have the same as City Arsenal Liverpool Spurs. 8-9 players. City have 3 young players in there (Lewis Kabore Wilson-Esbrand). Arsenal have 2 longish injuries Tomiyasu Tierney, plus Timber returning from long term injury. Liverpool have 2 young players (Bradley Quansah). Spurs have 2 (Reguilon Spence) that have been shipped around on loan.

We just happen to have picked up 2 short term injuries at the same time as Mings still returning, who was always going to be given the opportunity to prove his fitness and find a good level again. It leaves us with 6 fit defenders out of 9 for a few weeks. That doesn't warrant a signing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sterling is being offered to Arsenal. Is there any club he hasn't been offered to yet?

Chelsea are so thick, I wouldn't be surprised to read later that they have sold him to themselves. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

What we need is a good, old fashioned bit of fraudulent activity! Is that too much to ask?!

Frimpong to Zed FC for 55 mill then on loan to us for 3 mill?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â