Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Striker: Ollie, Duran

For me, the above remains a worry. Ollie on a good day is The Man. When he isn't - or he gets injured -  we have a raw, unpredictable rookie in Duran as the second option....and that's pretty much it

Bouba makes a big difference… will be great to have him back and we’ll be a better side for it. 

Hoping Buendia can make an impact… we need him to with the lack of attacking signings. He, Rogers and even Youri can rotate for that support role alongside Ollie.

JJ will be a big boost and seems best suited to LM, can rotate with McGinn there but… it’s not John’s best position is it? We’re going to use certain players in several positions…good job we have some versatile ones.

The big thing with the young players is that they should get better with every season… Duran being settled and focussed will be of great benefit.

Maatsen is going to make us much better once he gets a run in the side.

I think the Onana & Kamara partnership is going to be special…

Wait and see on Mings but I wonder if we (mainly the medical department) are confident about his recovery and ability to help out…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

We are stronger as a squad....agreed

Another champions league run...that wont be down to us...it will be whether the so called bigger teams like Utd Chelsea maybe Newcastle have good seasons but we can too.

5-6 teams with better squads.....City...Liverpool....Arsenal...Chelsea on numbers.....who are the other two?

Tottenham, possibly Man U. However Tottenham have europa league compared to no Europe last season, which no one seems to be talking about. And Man U still aren't buying world class players, but at least they have stopped paying world class money for good (but no world class) players.

5 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Funny, I'm actually sitting watching The fellowship of the ring, extended edition all in lovely 4k ... decided to put it on because I couldn't stand watching sky sports news anymore this morning 🤢🤮

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Toney for 40 million anyone? He'd be mad to go to Saudi at this time in his career

We can’t afford it mate, even if we think it’s a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Toney for 40 million anyone? He'd be mad to go to Saudi at this time in his career

Delighted that we won’t have to see him and Maupay on our screens anymore…

Scumbags.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dissappointment aside.

A lad on one of the Villa groups just did a good graphic.

When everyone is fit, we actually DO have 2 quality players per position.

So it's really not as bad as we may feel. ( Obviously only RB really u for debate )

LB: Digne, Maatsen

LCB: Pau, Mings

RCB: Konsa, Carlos

RB:  Cash, Ned

LM/LW: MgGinn, Ramsey

DM: Onana, Kamara

CM: Tielemans, Barkley

ACM: Rogers, Buendia

RM/RW: Bailey, JPB

It is seriously nowhere as worrying as we may feel atm.

Obviously we have the caveat that we need to hope Tryone and Kamara can come back quickly and strong, as well as hope no injuries occur until they do!

None of the above are just Academy patch players either, they are all high level players.

I think “quality” needs big inverted commas for Cash, Ned (young and inexperienced), Mings (return from massive injury and may not be the same), Carlos (just not good). We don’t know yet which version of Barkley we are getting  

Then Kamara and Buendia coming back from mega injuries, Philogene unproven and Duran has the capacity to go nuts. 

I’m confident this season but we have to be a bit realistic about our squad. 

5 minutes ago, Justin said:

I'd rather spend an evening seeing how many safety pins I could stick through my balls than see Toney in a Villa shirt. 

• Haha 1

We need to put as much faith in our young players now as the club seemingly have…

Give them as much support and encouragement as possible.

Like others, I do feel the squad is light on quality (especially for CL) but… Unai has proven everyone wrong since the day he arrived. We just have to get on with it.

Youngsters have an energy, desire and capacity for improvement that older players, for the most part, just do not have… we have quite a good blend though.

Feels like we’re asking a lot from the likes of Rogers and Nedeljkovic but… they can step up and do the business. Especially with Unai mentoring and teaching them.

I believe Onana and Maatsen are quickly going to prove to be OUTSTANDING signings too…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dissappointment aside.

A lad on one of the Villa groups just did a good graphic.

When everyone is fit, we actually DO have 2 quality players per position.

So it's really not as bad as we may feel. ( Obviously only RB really u for debate )

LB: Digne, Maatsen

LCB: Pau, Mings

RCB: Konsa, Carlos

RB:  Cash, Ned

LM/LW: MgGinn, Ramsey

DM: Onana, Kamara

CM: Tielemans, Barkley

ACM: Rogers, Buendia

RM/RW: Bailey, JPB

It is seriously nowhere as worrying as we may feel atm.

Obviously we have the caveat that we need to hope Tryone and Kamara can come back quickly and strong, as well as hope no injuries occur until they do!

None of the above are just Academy patch players either, they are all high level players.

When you look at the '2nd' player in each spot it gives a 2nd starting 11 of:

Gauci, Maatsen, Mings, Carlos, Ned, Kamara, Barkley, Ramsey, Buendia, JPB, Duran

Now that a very strong back up team! And when you consider that the likes of McGinn, Tielemans and Rogers can play in multiple positions across the midfield and attack, it really shows, as you say, that we are in a good spot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need to put as much faith in our young players now as the club seemingly have…

Give them as much support and encouragement as possible.

Like others, I do feel the squad is light on quality (especially for CL) but… Unai has proven everyone wrong since the day he arrived. We just have to get on with it.

Youngsters have an energy, desire and capacity for improvement that older players, for the most part, just do not have… we have quite a good blend though.

Feels like we’re asking a lot from the likes of Rogers and Nedeljkovic but… they can step up and do the business. Especially with Unai mentoring and teaching them.

I think that is a significant point...as examples look how Dougie come on and now we have MR steaming on in terms of development.

Once they settle in and get accustomed to the way we play, the ceiling could be anything.

I feel up beat, in the type of young players we have gone for, and the likelihood of seeing better players emerge in time.

It might take a bit of time, but I foresee a stronger finish to the season this time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bouba makes a big difference… will be great to have him back and we’ll be a better side for it. 

Hoping Buendia can make an impact… we need him to with the lack of attacking signings. He, Rogers and even Youri can rotate for that support role alongside Ollie.

JJ will be a big boost and seems best suited to LM, can rotate with McGinn there but… it’s not John’s best position is it? We’re going to use certain players in several positions…good job we have some versatile ones.

The big thing with the young players is that they should get better with every season… Duran being settled and focussed will be of great benefit.

Maatsen is going to make us much better once he gets a run in the side.

I think the Onana & Kamara partnership is going to be special…

Wait and see on Mings but I wonder if we (mainly the medical department) are confident about his recovery and ability to help out…

I think Mings will be fine....he overcome the last one, when arrived with us.

When he comes back fit, and match fit, I think we will go with a 3-4-3 Pau-Ty-Ezri

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Love his positivity. That said there’s so man ifs and buts around so many of our players now. Anyway let’s see how we get on. It’s still an exciting season for sure!

14 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd rather spend an evening seeing how many safety pins I could stick through my balls than see Toney in a Villa shirt. 

There are lots of places online for your interests………. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â