Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Chalobah on loan with option to buy would be more than decent.

I cannot believe that isn't doable?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Chelsea cannot loan anymore players to other PL clubs?

10 minutes ago, allani said:

I think it can only mean that Kamara is a LOT closer to a return than I was expecting.

That Onana and Kamara CM partnership is gonna be 👌

Allow everyone to run riot in attack 😆

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Until he isn’t … and to become proven he needs to be given a chance. All players start out unproven 

He hasn't featured at all in the first team so it's a big ask to expect him to possibly come in and cover in the PL or CL. I don't think he's actually played in any cup games either. 

He might settle really well eventually but going into the season possibly relying on him with the competitions we are competing in is a gamble. A big gamble.

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

You’d hope with Dendoncker and Enzo both out on loan it would give us scope to do SOMETHING in defence?! 

Thinking the same… thought it was going to be one or the other originally (would have liked to keep Enzo around).

A defender on loan, at least, unless we can bring in Hermoso now, on a free, and freed up space for his wages? 🤷‍♂️

Just doesn’t “feel” like anything is going to happen but we have until 11pm…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

The squad is similar in numbers to last season, only greater depth! So it is an improvement.

Barkley is our 4th choice DM compared to Dendonker last season. 

Nedeljovic is our back up right back compared to Kessler-Hayden.

Ming compared to Lenglet.

Bailey coming good, Rogers' emergence, combined with the return of Ramsey and Buendia see us better in the CAM / wide forward positions.

Duran has a season developing, learning and maturing, so should improve. 

We are stronger than last season at this point in time. Whether it's strong enough for Champions League qualification, and doing ourselves justice in the champions league is unclear. They're are 5 or 6 teams on paper in a better position with their squad than us. 

• Like 3

I see the melt down has begun.

i wouldn’t have made all the signings we have chosen to do (we all have our own wants) but if the club don’t sign anyone today you can be assured it’s because the rules say we can’t for our position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm shocked there's nobody coming in. 

Admin posted a photo of (R)ogers and (B)uendia. And Twitter assured me that meant a RB was imminent

Proves Twitter is full of idiots 😉

19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

My biggest concern would be the reliance on players that have had major injuries coming back to the same levels as previously. I still think there is a massive concern over this tbh. It's okay saying players will boost the squad when they're back but if they have at any point setbacks or struggle to get beck to pre injury levels then we are very light. Especially in defence with Mings. Add in the factor that Torres and Konsa spent good portions of the last campaign injured, I think it's inevitable the same will happen this season which imo will leave us in a precarious situation. Especially when you factor in that Carlos doesn't have the best record for staying injury free either.  

Presumably the recruitment, coaching and medical teams have access to a lot more information about the status of the injuries to Mings and Kamara than we do.  It is highly unlikely that the people in charge are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The squad is similar in numbers to last season, only greater depth! So it is an improvement.

Barkley is our 4th choice DM compared to Dendonker last season. 

Nedeljovic is our back up right back compared to Kessler-Hayden.

Ming compared to Lenglet.

Bailey coming good, Rogers' emergence, combined with the return of Ramsey and Buendia see us better in the CAM / wide forward positions.

Duran has a season developing, learning and maturing, so should improve. 

We are stronger than last season at this point in time. Whether it's strong enough for Champions League qualification, and doing ourselves justice in the champions league is unclear. They're are 5 or 6 teams on paper in a better position with their squad than us. 

We are stronger as a squad....agreed

Another champions league run...that wont be down to us...it will be whether the so called bigger teams like Utd Chelsea maybe Newcastle have good seasons but we can too.

5-6 teams with better squads.....City...Liverpool....Arsenal...Chelsea on numbers.....who are the other two?

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That Onana and Kamara CM partnership is gonna be 👌

Allow everyone to run riot in attack 😆

Absolutely.  Onana, Kamara and Youri will give us a superb platform in the middle of the pitch going both ways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

We are stronger as a squad....agreed

Another champions league run...that wont be down to us...it will be whether the so called bigger teams like Utd Chelsea maybe Newcastle have good seasons but we can too.

5-6 teams with better squads.....City...Liverpool....Arsenal...Chelsea on numbers.....who are the other two?

I presume Unai meant Spurs and United also.

12 minutes ago, allani said:

Presumably the recruitment, coaching and medical teams have access to a lot more information about the status of the injuries to Mings and Kamara than we do.  It is highly unlikely that the people in charge are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

Mings wont have played for 15 months, so with all due respect nobody knows how he'll be when he's eventually match fit. 

Edited by avfc1982am

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â