Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, The_Steve said:

The UEFA rules equally suck. It’s tough indeed to comply with two sets of rules designed to help maintain the status quo. 

Its ridiculous… and what we need is the bare minimum and we can’t even afford that because of this stupid thing ffs 

Dont get me wrong these things are in place for the right reasons but its angering me because we are not even spending out of control and also we have sold players too, so when we are unable to purchase the bare minimum its very frustrating!! 

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Why not cash, digne and so forth, they will be worth decent money too no?… we shouldn’t have to sell them… we can get that for the two aforementioned.

You can only sell if there's a market for a player.

We shouldn't but we need too. Surely you understand the rules and how bent they are by now. We have decided as a club to comply and avoid the inevitable points deduction.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I understand but had we got a RB/CB hybrid player i would have been more settled, we really needed that player, yes ramsey is a huge bonus i agree

Agreed the defensive right back is a clear need for us so very frustrating if we don’t get it sorted again which looking like the case, it should really have been sorted last summer so going two seasons without signing that profile of player is an odd decision especially as we’re also a bit light at centre back too 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You can only sell if there's a market for a player.

We shouldn't but we need too. Surely you understand the rules and how bent they are by now. We have decided as a club to comply and avoid the inevitable points deduction.

I understand but we’re not asking for much and surely we can’t be that restricted, in terms of what we’ve spent/received we haven’t really crossed the line and if we have can’t be by much at all but the rules are the rules i guess , but didn’t think it was this bad smh criminal 😔

I accepted a few weeks ago that unless Duran or Carlos left that there wouldn't be any more incomings. Didn't think the loaning out of Moreno, Iling Jr, Enzo or Dendoncker would mean any more incomings.

Frustrating not to have signed a defender, understand the club have to stick to two sets of different FFP rules but I think at some point soon it is going to prove costly. We are two games into the season and we are already down to 2 CB's and 1 RB. Just got to hope we get a bit of luck with injuries. 

35 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We own other clubs too. Nothing stopping us doing the same. 

We're either scared, naïve, or we know something Chelsea don't about the types of things the PL and UEFA are going to be investigating in the next year or two.

My guess is we're being careful, perhaps with some knowledge. Chelsea have an arrogance about them so they probably feel they could successfully fight any charges - we're more pragmatic.

Pretty sure we were actually banned from transferring or loaning players to Vittoria (until next month) because we were in the same UEFA competition.

Chelsea need to get back in the champions league as soon as possible otherwise they're f****d! They are doing two things at the moment with their dealing. One strengthen the squad, two (which is more important then strengthening their squad) is speculate on players. They're treating players like stocks and shares and are short term trading at that.

This summer they're buying young players at low prices (comparatively), that have fairly high ceilings in the expectation that they appreciate in value after a season on loan, after which they can sell for a profit. 

The problem is they're signing them to long arse contracts, and once SCR kicks in proper, if they haven't re-established themselves in the champions league, they will have to sell on mass, for cheap in order to stay within the rules.

Edited by Philosopher

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wondering why we’ve sent both Enzo and Donk out on loan… especially if no one’s coming in. Hoping for a loan signing at least but not expecting anything…

I think it can only mean that Kamara is a LOT closer to a return than I was expecting.

My biggest concern would be the reliance on players that have had major injuries coming back to the same levels as previously. I still think there is a massive concern over this tbh. It's okay saying players will boost the squad when they're back but if they have at any point setbacks or struggle to get beck to pre injury levels then we are very light. Especially in defence with Mings. Add in the factor that Torres and Konsa spent good portions of the last campaign injured, I think it's inevitable the same will happen this season which imo will leave us in a precarious situation. Especially when you factor in that Carlos doesn't have the best record for staying injury free either.  

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

My biggest concern would be the reliance on players that have had major injuries coming back to the same levels as previously. I still think there is a massive concern over this tbh. It's okay saying players will boost the squad when they're back but if they have at any point setbacks or struggle to get beck to pre injury levels then we are very light. Especially in defence with Mings. Add in the factor that Torres and Konsa spent good portions of the last campaign injured, I think it's inevitable the same will happen this season which imo will leave us in a precarious situation. Especially when you factor in that Carlos doesn't have the best record for staying injury free either.  

One word….

Bogarde

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

One word….

Bogarde

Am I alone in thinking he can play the right back role if coached to do so? With Cash there is a possibility his hamstring might give persistent trouble through the season and we will need an extra option.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â