Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Mate, you need to take a breath and relax. It’s not worth getting so upset about. I fully trust the management, they’re doing the best they can for the club. If we get injuries then I back Unai to rejig the team…we’ll be fine

We’ve got Ramsey, Mings, Buendia vs last year and Kamara coming back shortly. Add to that Maatsen, Onana, Barkley, Ned and Jaden P.

We've lost Luiz, Diaby, Zaniolo and Lenglet 

We’re up by five

I understand but had we got a RB/CB hybrid player i would have been more settled, we really needed that player, yes ramsey is a huge bonus i agree

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We own other clubs too. Nothing stopping us doing the same. 

We're either scared, naïve, or we know something Chelsea don't about the types of things the PL and UEFA are going to be investigating in the next year or two.

My guess is we're being careful, perhaps with some knowledge. Chelsea have an arrogance about them so they probably feel they could successfully fight any charges - we're more pragmatic.

They are more likely to punish us than Chelsea though that’s why 

Wondering why we’ve sent both Enzo and Donk out on loan… especially if no one’s coming in. Hoping for a loan signing at least but not expecting anything…

Hermoso on a free??? Wages freed up?

Regardless, we just have to get behind our players and give as much support as we can.

CL football… wow… we’ve just got to enjoy it and take it all in. What an incredible achievement and experience it will be. Hard to fully appreciate at this point…

It’s easy to forget or overlook the quality we do have in the team/squad while the window is open… we do have many great players and I do think Maatsen and Onana are going to be transformational. Younger players will keep improving, we have a lot of potential there and talent to work with and develop.

Pau is in only his 2nd season with us, he will get even better. Maybe all of the previously injured players can step up and make a big impact - Mings, Kamara, JJ (I think he’s going to be brilliant) and Buendia… no reason to write them off. Hopefully, we will have much better luck with injuries and other setbacks compared to last season.

Nedeljkovic could be the biggest surprise. Duran, Philogene and most of all Rogers - he could be key and most capable of meeting expectations and demands.

We have the world’s best goalkeeper and such a huge presence and influence there… one of the greatest coaches and managers around (Unai is the key element, the main man)… and we have a top CF in Watkins who most clubs would love to have. Bailey was brilliant last season and can keep it going, Tielemans will be relied on and can keep improving.

We may continue to be seen as underdogs or overachievers but… I think that suits us. I think we tend to struggle when there is hype and expectation heaped on us.

We have already worked wonders and exceeded expectations… see no reason not to believe we will continue in that vein.

Would I have liked more business to be done? Yes, absolutely (and I’ll hold out hope until the window has finally closed). But we all know about the restrictions we are under and.. we all know and have seen or experienced the level of performances that Unai can bring out of the players at his disposal.

We won’t stop, will continue to play wonderful football, upset the big teams and keep springing surprises…

UTV

We should have just made that deal happen its only 25-30 million euros as per the reports suggest, we could have sweeped that back up in January or whatever i would presume

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I feel cos he stood out so much in a poor Luton team....made him look better than he probably was....I dunno.

That’s exactly what it is 👏🏽

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Think my "Pearly Kings and Queens" reference was maybe a bit too subtle/niche.

Not to everyone... 😂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Why isnt there any talk of Chalobah going somewhere?

God he's so average, it's sad that people want him just for sake of signing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

The only hope is that those who’ve been cheating - like Chelsea and Citeh - get properly done over with points deductions, transfer bans, and relegation. 

If not, then the system is completely **** 

City won't get expelled from the league or stripped of titles. It won't happen as their lawyers are simply better than the PLs so will avoid those extremes. The sad reality is they'll get a fine which can be paid off in an instant and maybe a points deduction where lets be honest, they could be deducted 20 points and still finish top 4

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We own other clubs too. Nothing stopping us doing the same. 

We're either scared, naïve, or we know something Chelsea don't about the types of things the PL and UEFA are going to be investigating in the next year or two.

My guess is we're being careful, perhaps with some knowledge. Chelsea have an arrogance about them so they probably feel they could successfully fight any charges - we're more pragmatic.

UEFA specifically banned us from dealing with Victoria and made us lower our stake. That's why we can't but agree they'd also be more inclined to penalise us if we dared to do anything

United were blocked from getting Todibo but will get him next year.

6 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Why isnt there any talk of Chalobah going somewhere?

There will be all sorts of deals going on in the back ground if Chalobah, Sterling etc. are not in Maresca’s plans I’d be amazed if they are left to rot in the U23’s!

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We should have just made that deal happen its only 25-30 million euros as per the reports suggest, we could have sweeped that back up in January or whatever i would presume

Not if we want to comply with UEFA rules  

The new regulations will see clubs subject to squad cost controls for the first time. The cost control rule restricts spending on player and coach wages, transfers, and agent fees to 70% of club revenues. (The gradual implementation will see the percentage at 90% in 2023/2024, 80% in 2024/2025, and 70% in 2025/2026

https://www.uefa.com/news-media/news/0274-14da0ce4535d-fa5b130ae9b6-1000--explainer-uefa-s-new-financial-sustainability-regulations/#

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Oh sure just 25/30 million.

We do that and who do you want us to sell next summer as a result? Watkins, Martinez, Konsa?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Not if we want to comply with UEFA rules  

The new regulations will see clubs subject to squad cost controls for the first time. The cost control rule restricts spending on player and coach wages, transfers, and agent fees to 70% of club revenues. (The gradual implementation will see the percentage at 90% in 2023/2024, 80% in 2024/2025, and 70% in 2025/2026

https://www.uefa.com/news-media/news/0274-14da0ce4535d-fa5b130ae9b6-1000--explainer-uefa-s-new-financial-sustainability-regulations/#

Uefa rules is beyond unreasonable, they can go f**k themselves because the way i see it Chelsea are doing them over so lets point the finger at them, a little extra which we can make back up shouldn’t be too much of an issue 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh sure just 25/30 million.

We do that and who do you want us to sell next summer as a result? Watkins, Martinez, Konsa?

Why not cash, digne and so forth, they will be worth decent money too no?… we shouldn’t have to sell them… we can get that for the two aforementioned.

Edited by RicRic

Just now, RicRic said:

Uefa rules is beyond unreasonable, they can go f**k themselves because the way i see it Chelsea are doing them over so lets point the finger at them, a little extra which we can make back up shouldn’t be too much of an issue 

The UEFA rules equally suck. It’s tough indeed to comply with two sets of rules designed to help maintain the status quo. 

• Like 2

The worst thing about the cost control is that it is a good idea… in theory. It’s obvious we need spending caps to ensure competitiveness and to prevent nation states from spending £100bn. But they should be equal for all teams in the league! Literally how can you have a fair sport where each team carries a different handicap? How is that ever going to produce a true competition that isn’t rigged in favour of some teams?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If the window closes now, I am happy with the squad.

They way we played against Arsenal, despite the result we would beat 85% of the league in that game, and we aren't even at full strength yet.

Exactly.  Still quality players to come back from injury, still a couple of players looking not quite at the races after the summer AND the fact that a few players are still trying to build the kind of awareness with the teammates to play better together and / or of their exact role in different situations (see how much better Rogers is now that he knows his role and responsibilities and has also developed more of an understanding with Ollie, Tielemans, etc).  Of course the squad isn't perfect and there are areas of risk / potential weakness but as everyone at the club keeps saying the current rules make it difficult / impossible to do everything that we wanted to do.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â