Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

But we still managed to finish fourth and have had CL form since Unai arrived for the most part. There is no “Big 6” either - that’s a media invention. 

A lot of that was down to the shamble as United and Chelsea. We can't rely on that again especially with CL games ourselves. The aim has been to Qualify for Europe again next season. I'd be over the moon with 6th or 7th and Europa League. 

If we can just be lucky with the defensive injuries we will be able to compete. We have the 2nd best Coach in the League 

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Some people acting like it's the end of the world if we don't sign anybody.  This team was good enough to get 4th last season, why wouldn't it be again?

This team doesn’t have Luiz, Diaby and down a top CB from last season.  

Just now, CVByrne said:

A lot of that was down to the shamble as United and Chelsea. We can't rely on that again especially with CL games ourselves. The aim has been to Qualify for Europe again next season. I'd be over the moon with 6th or 7th and Europa League. 

If we can just be lucky with the defensive injuries we will be able to compete. We have the 2nd best Coach in the League 

Was it really? We lost twice to United and still finished 8 points above them. Chelsea were massively bailed out by the penalties Palmer scored. Let's give credit to the lads and Unai instead of acting like it was a fluke born of circumstances we couldn't control. 

Just now, HeyAnty said:

This team doesn’t have Luiz, Diaby and down a top CB from last season.  

Ezri's still here and Pau is a quality CB too. We have Onana though. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Couple of reasons I think:

-Other teams have strengthen more than us thus closing the gap.

- We have a champions league campaign with more difficult and intense fixtures to content with this year.

- We will be reliant on at least 3 squad players that are returning from long-term ACL injuries this year, two of which are still a month or two away.

- Our starting RB is out for a month and is injury prone, and his stand in is an 18y/o.

We will be absolutely fine if we are lucky with injuries. 3-4 bad injuries and we will struggle. I’d like to see a loan today to at least address my last point. 

Good thing there is another transfer window before the season is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

91v93m.jpg

that's what this transfer window feels like to me

its PSR / FFP working in all its glory, its not villa, its football

Sort of - but we’ve stretched ourselves to get here. Whether you want to blame that on PSR/FFP or not is up to you; but we’ve spent an absolute ton to get to where we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Was it really? We lost twice to United and still finished 8 points above them. Chelsea were massively bailed out by the penalties Palmer scored. Let's give credit to the lads and Unai instead of acting like it was a fluke born of circumstances we couldn't control. 

We did an amazing job, no doubt about it. However a repeat of last years performances won't be enough for 4th this season, we need to improve on it. We are always at a disadvantage to the teams who have double our budgets. If we are lucky with injuries we can compete that's for sure.  

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ezri's still here and Pau is a quality CB too. We have Onana though. 

I think Bogarde must be in the thinking to step in for Lenglet.  We relied on Lenglet alot last season.  

i think its a long way back for Mings, so wouldn’t count him before Christmas at least.  Fingers crossed he makes it but im 50/50 on it

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sort of - but we’ve stretched ourselves to get here. Whether you want to blame that on PSR/FFP or not is up to you; but we’ve spent an absolute ton to get to where we are. 

We did yes. On players who didn’t deserve such lengthy deals or salaries. 

Eddie Howe spent £400m on deals and it hasn’t worked out fully for a number of reasons.

The reality is the clubs who aspire to break the ceiling will have to spend obscene amounts and are then restricted because the rules favour the status quo and clubs who have benefited from it for years and years. 

Edited by The_Steve

Just now, HeyAnty said:

I think Bogarde must be in the thinking to step in for Lenglet.  We relied on Lenglet alot last season.  

i think its a long way back for Mings, so wouldn’t count him before Christmas at least.  Fingers crossed he makes it but im 50/50 on it

Bogarde is one to watch, especially with his new deal and no loan.

Ty is 31 and as much as I love the bloke,  I just don't know if we will be around the club into next summer either. 

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They’re interested in anyone that puts on a pair of boots.

They be signing Ozzy after his performance in our kit launch video

Just now, The_Steve said:

We did yes. On players who didn’t deserve such lengthy deals or salaries. 

Eddie Howe spent £400m on deals and it hasn’t worked out fully for a number of reasons.

The reality is the clubs who aspire to break the ceiling will have to spend obscene amounts and are then restricted because the rules favour the status quo and clubs who have benefited from it for years and years. 

Or, they do better selling their own players which is something we’ve been absolutely terrible at for ages. Thankfully, we’re improving there.

It’s a tough balancing act - but those typically-well-run clubs (I’m looking at Brighton…) would’ve been able to spend an absolute fortune in our position… yet they aren’t there in part because they’ve sold their better players (largely). 

Just now, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Nedeljkovic - has looked pretty damn impressive for an 18 year old so far. There's and element of risk of course but I can see why he is being given minutes.

I genuinely believe he's the best 18 year old RB on the planet.

If he was playing at Liverpool, for example, the media would be heralding him as the next big thing and he'd already be on a Nivea advert...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We really don't need to replace Diaby, I sometimes feel like football is just as much about transfers as it is about watching games to some. We don't need to overhaul our squad, the best teams don't do this, they make gradual improvements year on year. See Liverpool, and Man City in particular.

Saying that I do agree we are short in defence and it'll be surprising if noone comes in but in Unai we trust. 

Transfers and matches are exciting and I know its required but nothing is more tedious than football finance chat with the PSR experts

Kills the fun of football 😩

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We did an amazing job, no doubt about it. However a repeat of last years performances won't be enough for 4th this season, we need to improve on it. We are always at a disadvantage to the teams who have double our budgets. If we are lucky with injuries we can compete that's for sure.  

Why not? Newcastle the season before got 4th with one point more than us last season, so it’s a consistent amount to get 4th. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I'm pretty sure Monchi or Vidagany said as much in an interview 

Yep on Talksport. Luiz was for Premier League and Diaby for UEFA

Disappointing but how we were after a lot of mismanagement

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â