Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Carlos isn’t shite, pisses me off when so called supporters constantly slate our players!

Carlos' issue is he isn't a RB. I think Emery is set on the Pau Konsa CB partnership so Carlos is backup where the aim was to replace him with the CB/RB versatile player ala Gomez/Geertruida. We now only have Konsa at RB if we have to do that.

It's a baptism of fire now for Nedeljkovic we'll learn a lot about him in the next month. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Can't help but being a little disappointed in this window, but given the financial restrictions I can't say we had many options. 

Yep my thoughts exactly! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Can't help but being a little disappointed in this window, but given the financial restrictions I can't say we had many options. 

I would be less disappointed if we were done earlier and the club were content. It's the fact we have gaps and were trying to do business to close that but ultimately failed in the end. It's also now you can see our business set against the other teams. Other teams have improved their squads a lot which makes our task this season harder. 

Ultimately our season will hinge on injuries, if we lose a Konsa or Pau for any period of time it's a significant loss. I also question the Maatsen signing, with the benefit of hindsight I wonder if the money used for a Gomez/Geertruida would have been better. It's hard to disentangle the business in June from PSR wheeling and dealing though. Kellyman went the other way for £19m. 

Despite what many others think. I like the Iling Junior and Barrenechea signings ad £18m for the two of them it seems good business as they have joined top teams on Loan. Not Championship sides. I'll be interested in where Iling Junior players at Bologna. 

What business we do in Jan will also be interesting, we are still crippled financially so not a huge amount of business can be done. I don't see RB being solved with Carlos moving on until next summer now. 

If we can move Dendonker on this window (which I don't think we will now). We will have reduced our costs a lot and it's hard now to estimate what sales are need (if any) by end June for PSR. 

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I just don't get how some of you can be so down beat. 

Would I swap any of the following players... 

Martinez, Konsa, Pau, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey, Morgz, Bailey, Watkins. No. 

That's 9 starting players. 

Would I have sold Diaby. Yes - didn't impress me at all. 

Dougie wanted to go by the sounds of it and Onana has replaced him. 

Buendia, Kamara and Mings, when back fully fit, add depth we didn't have last season. 

Philogene will get better, especially under Emery. 

Lucas Digne hasn't put a foot wrong for a long time IMO and Maatsen looks a great prospect. 

RB is the only area I'm a bit 50/50 on but if that's the only issue I can find, I will take it. 

Did people want us to do what Chelsea have done? Totally rip the team apart year on year? Players not knowing the managers tactics and philopshy.

We have an exciting core of players, either reaching their peak or with massive potential. 

Emery has shown already, especially with the signing of Rogers, that he knows what will fit his style of play and what this team needs. 

It's clear Emery trusts these players. They know him, he knows them. To bed in 4 or 5 players of the ilk some on here expect us to buy would mean taking apart what has and is working. 

We have the most exciting season probably in 30 or 40 years on the horizon, so roll with it and let's get behind this talented group and enjoy every second. 

I think part of it was people’s expectations. We had been told all window that we needed to sell to buy but some people had convinced themselves it was not true and are now disappointed. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Buendia, Kamara and Mings, when back fully fit, add depth we didn't have last season. 

Lucas Digne hasn't put a foot wrong for a long time IMO and Maatsen looks a great prospect. 

RB is the only area I'm a bit 50/50 on but if that's the only issue I can find, I will take it. 

Did people want us to do what Chelsea have done? Totally rip the team apart year on year? Players not knowing the managers tactics and philopshy.

We have an exciting core of players, either reaching their peak or with massive potential. 

Emery has shown already, especially with the signing of Rogers, that he knows what will fit his style of play and what this team needs. 

It's clear Emery trusts these players. They know him, he knows them. To bed in 4 or 5 players of the ilk some on here expect us to buy would mean taking apart what has and is working. 

We have the most exciting season probably in 30 or 40 years on the horizon, so roll with it and let's get behind this talented group and enjoy every second. 

It's more the stark realisation of how badly in trouble we are financially that the sale of Diaby was actually a necessity not a choice. We couldn't afford to buy a £20m defender we needed without further sales. 

So do we think an incoming loan is still possible today if nobody goes out?  Wondering if Gomez or Chalobah could still come in but are we hamstrung unless a Donk or Enzo loan happens first?  

Our financial position has been widely reported as incredibly precarious. Didn’t we make the biggest loss out of any other team in Europe’s top 5 leagues last year? We also have one of the highest wages to turnover percentages in Europe.

To have achieved what we’ve achieved this summer with the above in play is absolutely remarkable. Massive kudos to Monchi for his creativity and tenacity. As others have said, a complete transformation will take a few more windows but we are re-writing the wrongs of previous windows step by step.

It’s a great period for our great club. We should recognise it and enjoy it, regardless of what happens today. 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So do we think an incoming loan is still possible today if nobody goes out?  Wondering if Gomez or Chalobah could still come in but are we hamstrung unless a Donk or Enzo loan happens first?  

I think if we do any loan deals they will come from abroad

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said in Geertruida thread I think we are ahead of schedule by a year and we probably didnt expect this Champions League season

I’d say that is a very fair assumption, and to achieve it ahead of schedule despite slippy G & Co trying to ruin us is testament to us having a top level manager in place.

41 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Ahh FFS, stop talking sense! 🙂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

It’s about the rest of what you said but if I told you after Maatsen and Onana so early in the window that that would be it then you would’ve said we were being silly and there is plenty of time left in the window and we would be doing more key business.  Unfortunately we haven’t been able to hence the downbeat, not because of the players here but to a couple of players that we hoped would come in to fix some obvious holes we have.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's more the stark realisation of how badly in trouble we are financially that the sale of Diaby was actually a necessity not a choice. We couldn't afford to buy a £20m defender we needed without further sales. 

Needed to reduce the wage bill not raise funds for sales. Not in financial trouble…..just massively hamstrung by SCR wage restrictions. Very different metrics. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Needed to reduce the wage bill not raise funds for sales. Not in financial trouble…..just massively hamstrung by SCR wage restrictions. Very different metrics. 

Yep I think the SCR is more the issue than PSR now after the wheeling and dealing for 24/25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

91v93m.jpg

that's what this transfer window feels like to me

its PSR / FFP working in all its glory, its not villa, its football

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We defo need to loan out Donck at least. It all comes down to wage contributions both on outgoing loans and then any incoming loans. I think it’s unlikely we will save enough wages to facilitate Chalobah for example as Chelsea would want us to cover majority of his wages. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can’t see any incomings. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â