Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We will find out in next 24hours if we are done or maybe get someone or somebodies in.

What I am struggling to understand is we have signed and loaned Dobbin, illing Jnr and Barrenchea looks like he could go costing us approx 30mil. My point is why the hell have we blown 30mil if it turns out that Bareenchea leaves  and not go the relevant cover in defence that's glaringly obvious we need.

Onana is a superb signing, Masstsen not sure if 37mil is worth it time will tell but the inability to sort the RB problem that is been an issues for some time.

If the figures are correct the money wasted on the 3 players I mentioned would have got us a starting RB and nullified the threat Konsa would be switched.

This is my view if we sign no one else we continue to support this great club and awesome manager but those 3 signings seem very much Gerrard and purslow esque.

Edited by villan501

1 hour ago, dappadan said:

A little concerned that if we move Dendoncker and Enzo out on loan that we are then one injury to Tielemans or Onana away from having nobody in the middle. Or am I missing someone? 

3 players missing! Kamara, Barkley and McGinn. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villarocker said:

I think we will sign someone in on loan to play right back. 

Hope so bro the big question marks are mings and kamara, hiw long will they take to get back if it's soon stay as we are is cool.but if not we do some ins

7 minutes ago, villan501 said:

This is my view if we sign no one else we continue to support this great club and awesome manager but those 3 signings seem very much Gerrard and purslow esque.

I think they're the complete opposite of Gerrard and Purslow's short term thinking when it comes to signings.

If Bareenchea has a solid loan, he instantly commands a fee double what we paid, likewise Illing Jr. 

Whether they progress and blend into the first team or progress and be sold on to allow us more financial leeway. The signings are night and day to what we have had previously.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

3 players missing! Kamara, Barkley and McGinn. 

A Barkley that made his impression last season in a deeper role no less.

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I think they're the complete opposite of Gerrard and Purslow's short term thinking when it comes to signings.

If Bareenchea has a solid loan, he instantly commands a fee double what we paid, likewise Illing Jr. 

Whether they progress and blend into the first team or progress and be sold on to allow us more financial leeway. The signings are night and day to what we have had previously.

I totally get your point I think I'm simply applying my theory for right now and the RB situation. Your point about solid loam and fee is spot on I'm just frustrated that we need to repair something NOW and can't because we have FFP and 30m has been spent and we get nothing for that this season for the outlay.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

I totally get your point I think I'm simply applying my theory for right now and the RB situation. Your point about solid loam and fee is spot on I'm just frustrated that we need to repair something NOW and can't because we have FFP.

Absolutely. It goes to show how these rules just help protect the already established teams with bigger off-field and somewhat on field incomes.

Worst comes to worst then either Konsa moves over, Carlos steps in, Bogarde impressed enough to be back-up at CB/DM.

Or, Konsa stays CB, Nedeljković gets his chance to prove himself and Carlos stays on the bench. We can adapt to the above if Kosta is struggling but so far, against some of the best wingers in the league, he's done well with a good run of fixtures to really get to grips with the league. 

I appreciate I'm probably over the top positive but I don't feel beyond the realms of reality either. 

I think we got 4th last season despite a horrible injury list. We're starting to come through it now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Absolutely. It goes to show how these rules just help protect the already established teams with bigger off-field and somewhat on field incomes.

Worst comes to worst then either Konsa moves over, Carlos steps in, Bogarde impressed enough to be back-up at CB/DM.

Or, Konsa stays CB, Nedeljković gets his chance to prove himself and Carlos stays on the bench. We can adapt to the above if Kosta is struggling but so far, against some of the best wingers in the league, he's done well with a good run of fixtures to really get to grips with the league. 

I appreciate I'm probably over the top positive but I don't feel beyond the realms of reality either. 

I think we got 4th last season despite a horrible injury list. We're starting to come through it now.

Yeah totally support that, think I've got me pants in a twist Villa have been superb in previous windows and started this superbly just didn't want it to peater put and end yo a pivotal player short.

First 2 games villa impressed me and the manager goes without saying what he is to our club I'll be fine once window shuts and then we can all enjoy our ckub this season. We've had so many terrible terrible windows previously and it's the love for this great club that only wants the best for it.UTV

Edited by villan501

32 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

A Barkley that made his impression last season in a deeper role no less.

And pre season showing had clearly not blown off the holiday cobwebs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

And pre season showing had clearly not blown off the holiday cobwebs

Aye, there's plenty more from Barkley than we've seen so far. Not all players are out of the traps. He'll get better with more game time and can basically cover the whole spectrum of CM's. 

There'll be plenty of minutes for him over the season.

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

What I am struggling to understand is we have signed and loaned Dobbin, illing Jnr and Barrenchea looks like he could go costing us approx 30mil. My point is why the hell have we blown 30mil if it turns out that Bareenchea leaves  and not go the relevant cover in defence that's glaringly obvious we need.

We signed Dobbin for more than he is worth to get Iroegbunam sold for more than he was worth. 

We bought Iling-Junior and Barrenechea for that price in order to sell Luiz and not get a points deduction. 

That £30mil (less than that I believe but I'll go with it) is amortised over 5 years so this season that has actually cost us £6mil, which is about £5mil less than what we sold Iroegbunam for at pure profit. 

The comparison to Gerrard is bizarre, we never signed players close to this manner under him. This is definitely joined up future thinking. All those players are on loan, getting wages paid and possibly loan fees too, will all be coming back worth more than what we could sell for this window and what we paid for them. 

If those three helped us create more room in the budget and now they're all moved onto good loan clubs and having wages covered it's brilliant, it's been the opposite of stopping us getting a right back, it's opened up spending possibilities if needed. 

I honestly think they're forward thinking enough to prioritise the right areas of the pitch to make sure we're not left flapping around with hours to go looking for players. This has likely all been part of the plan. Similar to Liverpool, we might be short in a position like they are at DM, but if they can't sign their target then they just move on rather than panic buy option 4 on the list. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â