Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I'm all for complaining and panicking and criticising right up the deadline. If you don't like it, block me. After that, 90% of us will back the squad and manager, come what may, and that will be that, I hope.

I can perfectly understand why people would be worried and critical of our transfer business, and I can understand why people would be irritated by the worriers, too (probably because it triggers their own fears). I take a break from transfermania regularly. But I think it's a bit silly to treat our transfer efforts as somehow above reproach and purely defined by PSR issues. You can do good business within constraints, and you can do bad, too.

I can only go by the evidence I've seen so far, and I think we've done well but not great IMO. Good is good. We get a decent right back by tomorrow night, and I'll be more approving.

• Like 4

A little concerned that if we move Dendoncker and Enzo out on loan that we are then one injury to Tielemans or Onana away from having nobody in the middle. Or am I missing someone? 

• Like 1

Just now, dappadan said:

A little concerned that if we move Dendoncker and Enzo out on loan that we are then one injury to Tielemans or Onana away from having nobody in the middle. Or am I missing someone? 

Kamara could be back in the squad within a month or so and McGinn can do a job in that position.

Really frustrating if we don't get a right back. However, the clubs long term future is more important than gambling it all on short term gain. I feel us not getting a right back over the line is pretty negligent, and looking back, perhaps if we'd have not signed Philogene we might have been able to do it, but we'll never know. And I'm still absolutely delighted we signed him.

I don't blame the club for rejecting sub-par offers for Duran and Diego Carlos, we don't want to give off the impression of being weak in negotiating, so again, a wee bit of short term pain for long term gain.

We've got some great kids who'll be able to deputise on the bench in attacking positions, and maybe Nedeljkovic will be good enough to be first choice in a couple of months, at which point we'll be ruing spending so much on Geertruida. Who knows.

Even if we do miss out on qualifying for Europe this season, clubs like Brighton and West Ham have shown that it still doesn't stop you getting great players.

We just had the Champions League draw, which we were in. We've got the best manager in the world, and pissy toilets. Up the Villa!

• Like 1

I think we will  fine this season.

Emi coming back

Mings coming back - might take a while but will be better option than Carlos 

Kamara coming back soon

Onana - top draw player 

Duran getting more game time and goals 

Philiogene - coming back and will get goals 

Rodger’s - Second season and will just get better

JJ - coming back strong - will get goals 

Ned - Looks solid enough to cover RB if cash is injured 

I’m quite happy with what we have 

• Like 4

We could sign Rabiot or loan in Nunes. We could  sell Durán and get Jonathan David to replace - haven’t lost hope of something materialising - we’ve got Bodymoor Heath we can sell to ourselves to cover losses - keep the faith they’ll doing all they can until the last minutes of the window 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ramsey, Buendia and Jaden seen as his replacements.

They aren't his replacement and not at his level. One is coming back from a serious injury,  one gets injured a lot and the other is unproven 

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I think we will  fine this season.

Emi coming back

Mings coming back - might take a while but will be better option than Carlos 

Kamara coming back soon

Onana - top draw player 

Duran getting more game time and goals 

Philiogene - coming back and will get goals 

Rodger’s - Second season and will just get better

JJ - coming back strong - will get goals 

Ned - Looks solid enough to cover RB if cash is injured 

I’m quite happy with what we have 

Agreed, I think we're stronger as a group compared to last season, & of course we have Unai Emery 💪 fully expect us to be fighting for 4th spot & expect us to get in the last 24 of the Champions league. Onto Leicester the weekend & 3pts 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Monchi surrounded by opportunity today being around so many other top European clubs. Let's see what tomorrow brings 

We could be discussing multiple deals as we speak looking at potential loans with obligations to buy next summer. I very much doubt they’ve thrown the towel in and will not sleep much tonight as they and negotiate. A player like Mohamed Simakan on loan would be fantastic 

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Kamara could be back in the squad within a month or so and McGinn can do a job in that position.

Banking on Kamara and Mings is a risk this season. Enzo should not be going anywhere.

When Emery joined we finished 4th in form table that season when accounting for Pool had played 1 more game. He added Moreno. 

What's changed since then to now. 

Cons:

Luiz Moreno gone 

Pros:

Bailey kicked on the following season

Added Torres Rogers Duran Tielemans Onana Maatsen Barkley and all the rest

Why are some so determined to be pessimistic?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

They aren't his replacement and not at his level. One is coming back from a serious injury,  one gets injured a lot and the other is unproven 

If Ramsey's injury has been sorted properly this time then he is absolutely at the level of Diaby and potentially better. 

He's seemingly on the right path so far. The lad has got the lot, speed running with the ball, an eye for goal and an assist, a willingness to defend and he's not getting knocked off the ball like Diaby.

You're lumping all 3 of those talented players into worse case scenario.

• Like 2

Hopefully we can squeeze in one loan tomorrow or something.  It's important we don't overstretch ourselves now getting in players we aren't really convinced about for one reason or another, Unai is here for 5 more years at least and knows he has time to build.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â