Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If it makes you cry so hard, maybe you should spend your “stupid money” on something that actually gives you joy 

Where is the fun in that!

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Has the picture changed over the course of the transfer window? I’m sure only a couple of weeks ago, Emery and Monchi were saying “one out, one in” or something along those lines. Diaby wasn’t a planned sale and Barrenechea was going to stay. We seem to have been more frugal than we’ve vocalised we would be. I’m probably misremembering stuff but I am surprised how are incomings have faltered. 

Edited by WallisFrizz

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure Newcastle had a similar issue last year and they werent able to build a stronger squad

and look how they’ve gone backwards since and look shaky this season as well

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Has the picture changed over the course of the transfer window? I’m sure only a couple of weeks ago, Emery and Monchi were saying “one out, one in” or something along those lines. Diaby wasn’t a planned sale and Barrenechea was going to stay. We seek to have been more frugal than we’ve vocalised we would be. I’m probably misremembering stuff but I am surprised how are incomings have faltered. 

We need to money now to fix the toilet plumbing in the Holte 😉

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The alternative is ignoring the rules, facing potential points deductions, fines, transfer bans domestically and in the Champions League.

It sucks balls but the club are doing all they can to shift expensive deadwood and do it right. 

• Like 1

All comes down to injuries really, Newcastle had a lot of injuries last year and it ruined their season. If we get lucky we MIGHT be OK, if we get injuries we could be in deep do do. We are going to need significant minutes from Mings, Buendia and Kamara and that worries me a bit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We’re one player short and it’s unbelievably frustrating we can’t just get them. 

We could still get a loan. But I think last year we would have also felt a player short. and we did OK. Fingers crossed for our returning  trio of knee injuries 

Posted this on the right back we were never gonna sign thread but probably better suited here :

Carlos can still do a job at centre half and Konsa can play right back.  It's the back line that played when picking up 9 points against the top 2 last season 

It's shit but hardly the end of the world !  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well they are already above us in the table 😝

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybe they are confident Mings Buendia and Kamara can contribute quite quickly.

Mings needed to be in pre season to be a serious contender for first half of the season. There's no way he's going to be back on the bench whenever that is and then starting games a week or so later.

At least Carlos is staying so it's three CBs with Konsa staying primarily central so not much different to what we had last year given how regularly Kons was at RB.

I do wonder whether Chalobah will be offered on loan to us last minute. There was talk of him going Palace but Guehi is still there and talk they're signing a CB from Wolfsburg to replace Andersen.

Chalobah can cover CB and RB so that signing as a stop gap would make sense in the same way Lenglet did 12 months ago.

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

FWIW, some of our worst seasons have come off the back of when the fans have thought we have had our best summer transfer windows (including the year we were relegated)

Take a chill pill, we are on a journey and we have the best people we could ask for in charge.  You want to sign 17 players, boot your Football Manager games up! 

I still believe that Joe Bennett, Jordan Bowery window could have won us the title 😛

Edit. Bacuna was later 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Graeme Bailey🤡 Enough is Enough 

Wowzer Monchi is signing a lot of players on the final day of the transfer window!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Graeme Bailey🤡 Enough is Enough 

If you think I’m EVER going to get excited about a talented player he links us to again then are absolutely correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â