Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We have what is reported. We always only ever have what is reported. 

And it's silly season 

It's all bollocks, this ITK tier 1 journalist shit is exactly that, shit

The only man who knows what's going on and why is monchi, there's a reason for everything, we're just not getting told what it is, doesn't mean he's not trying or not working 

Just now, CVByrne said:

We didn't need a new left back this window at the expense of RB though. 

They made a calculated risk they could move on Carlos and replace him. It's failed 

Sure. 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

All in all a pretty poor window. We tried and failed to do much other than complying with PSR. 

Diaby and Luiz departed replaced by Onana and Philogene.

Maatsen joined for an unnecessary upgrade in Left Back. Barkley joined for an improvement on Dendonker.

That's like literally all we've done. Talk of Felix talk of Geertruida of Hermoso. Couldn't afford to buy them dinner let alone sign them.

Squad looks good because of players returning from injury and astute signings of Rogers and Nedeljkovic in January. Hopefully we can avoid the injuries we had last season.

But let's face it. Every single team around us have improved their squads by a lot this summer and that will probably tell in the end. 

We had a strong bench on Saturday even without without Mings and Kamara. That's the main thing - a strong first XI and good options to bring on/cover injuries. Yes we could of done with upgrading Carlos (and possibly Duran) , but they are still solid backups. The squad has good depth and quality so should be fine as long as we don't have a injury crisis like last year. 

We didn't need a new left back this window at the expense of RB though. 

They made a calculated risk they could move on Carlos and replace him. It's failed 

If they wanted to take a calculated risk they would have just signed Geertruida anyway and assumed that they would sell Diego Carlos at some point.

I would expect someone to come in tomorrow. Genuinely did think we'd get Geertruida but appears I'm wrong on that.

Monchi at the draw so I expect some speed networking tonight and some link will randomly appear early tomorrow and will accelerate through the day.

We've refreshed our squad nicely but nearly a whole team has left so I think we're pretty light in key areas once the games start piling up.

Chambers, Lenglet, Moreno, Doug, Diaby all left since the end of the season. Archer, iling-Jr and Enzo here for a matter of weeks before being moved on. We've lowered the age of the squad but we will need experience to get through games so it's really a case of keeping the core 11 fit otherwise there will be issues once winter hits.

• Like 1

Anyway. Piss poor window. Let's hope we can make the sales we need to before June to avoid as PSR breach and avoid injuries.

Massive disappointment. Absolutely **** baffling Diaby sale just compounds the shit window. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I would expect someone to come in tomorrow. Genuinely did think we'd get Geertruida but appears I'm wrong on that.

Monchi at the draw so I expect some speed networking tonight and some link will randomly appear early tomorrow and will accelerate through the day.

We've refreshed our squad nicely but nearly a whole team has left so I think we're pretty light in key areas once the games start piling up.

Chambers, Lenglet, Moreno, Doug, Diaby all left since the end of the season. Archer, iling-Jr and Enzo here for a matter of weeks before being moved on. We've lowered the age of the squad but we will need experience to get through games so it's really a case of keeping the core 11 fit otherwise there will be issues once winter hits.

Just be prepared for the fact that absolutely nothing will happen tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Anyway. Piss poor window. Let's hope we can make the sales we need to before June to avoid as PSR breach and avoid injuries.

Massive disappointment. Absolutely **** baffling Diaby sale just compounds the shit window. 

Go and have a listen to the champions league anthem - will make things better. 

Diaby sale was the highlight for me. Rubbish player. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m amazed that our squad is so strong that we’ve loaned out our third choice LW/LB to another CL club. And our 3rd Choice DM to a European chasing La Liga club. 

We are in a good spot right now. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Careful, Utd and Spurs are both beating us to 4th remember. Clown.

We're comfortably stronger this season. Diaby was shit.

Football not being fair has meant we can't do more. Nothing else.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Weren’t you being positive about Sterling coming though?

Because I didn't actually think we were as financially crippled as it turns out we are. I thought we had room for a Geertruida and an Sterling.

We can't afford anything. It's that fact which is the most disappointing.

The scale of how **** we are in the PSR world is hitting home 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our greatest need going into this window was a starting RB. We've done reams of business in and out and still haven't sorted that. Bizarre.

We bought a 3rd LB from a club willing to do mutually beneficial PSR business who had available RB options we might have gone for instead. 

At CB we're banking an awful lot on Mings being able to recapture his pre-injury levels to be our #1 backup CB which is a huge If given the severity of his problems, otherwise we're stuck with Carlos who most of us would concede isn't really good enough for what we need.

We sold Luiz for peanuts + 2 players who won't feature for us this season (if ever), and we sold Diaby and didn't replace him.

Am sorry but I have to say - very strange dealings all around.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Monchi explained Diaby was to satisfy UEFA rules. We're between a rock and a hard place and the club are doing what they can. You're like a spoilt brat.

If we didn't sign Maatsen then I suspect we're not getting £19m for Kellyman and we're then in the shit with the Premier League over PSR.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Because I didn't actually think we were as financially crippled as it turns out we are. I thought we had room for a Geertruida and an Sterling.

We can't afford anything. It's that fact which is the most disappointing.

The scale of how **** we are in the PSR world is hitting home 

Then all your moaning is on you. Not on anyone else. No one claimed we were good financially. If anything, people are saying we need to make more sales before next years PSR deadline day 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â