Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Kosta will be a CL level FB before he’s 21. That kid has as much potential than Duran 

He does but his backup is Cash. At the highest level, as much as I like Cash he isn't capable.

• Like 1

I can't get my head around that we sold Diaby for 60M(?) but dont seem to be able to use that money to buy new players. Did that money go to the Onana signing?

Diaby contributed with alot of goals and assists last season, and also his speed and running created opportunities for others. We would need a replacement for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I can't get my head around that we sold Diaby for 60M(?) but dont seem to be able to use that money to buy new players. Did that money go to the Onana signing?

Diaby contributed with alot of goals and assists last season, and also his speed and running created opportunities for others. We would need a replacement for him.

Ramsey, Buendia and Jaden seen as his replacements.

All in all a pretty poor window. We tried and failed to do much other than complying with PSR. 

Diaby and Luiz departed replaced by Onana and Philogene.

Maatsen joined for an unnecessary upgrade in Left Back. Barkley joined for an improvement on Dendonker.

That's like literally all we've done. Talk of Felix talk of Geertruida of Hermoso. Couldn't afford to buy them dinner let alone sign them.

Squad looks good because of players returning from injury and astute signings of Rogers and Nedeljkovic in January. Hopefully we can avoid the injuries we had last season.

But let's face it. Every single team around us have improved their squads by a lot this summer and that will probably tell in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I feel like we've just banked the Diaby money. Rogers is the replacement positionally,  Buendia number-wise.

If Diaby was still here, one of Rogers, Buendia, Diaby and Ramsey probably arent even on the bench - that'd be ridiculous

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I feel like we've just banked the Diaby money. Rogers is the replacement positionally,  Buendia number-wise.

If Diaby was still here, one of Rogers, Buendia, Diaby and Ramsey probably arent even on the bench - that'd be ridiculous

We still have to sell a player before June to comply with PSR 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He’ll be benching cash this season. Just wait 

If he’s good enough he’s old enough, just needs to learn fast. From what we’ve seen and read so far he seems extremely driven to succeed. Hopefully Emery’s coaching will do the rest. 

• Like 1

Still lots of juggling at play behind the scenes I'm sure. 

If we can't get anymore in then I don't think it's from want of trying. Villa invited Talksport to basically spell it out for people.

We're trying to run with our ankles cable tied together.

Is it a bit of a weird window. We were lauded for strengthening the overall squad, partly due to the Dougie deal, but we then loaned out both players we got as part of the deal.

Maatsen is definitely an upgrade, and Onana is excellent. But we’ve lost Dougie so that will certainly impact us.

Then we’ve lost Diaby and appear to have replaced him with Philogene. Love the fact that we re-signed Philogene, but Diaby could have been excellent this season.

Then there’s the RB issue. It has been an area that has needed strengthening for a while, and it’s still a problem. Although Nedeljkovic looks like he is going to be top class.

Still time for 1 or 2 surprises, but it’s a tough window to judge.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

And to think we thought we could sign Felix. Hilarious.

What a joke 

We know absolutely nothing about what goes on behind the scenes

But let's have a moan about it anyway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I waited until now but honestly I think it’s been a poor window. Still some time I suppose.

We can't afford anything. That means window is done. 

We had to sell a Carlos to buy a Geertruida.

We go with our 18yo Right Back

It's been a very poor window because of a very poor decision to sign Maatsen and that just stopped us from fixing real issues in the squad. They thought they could move other players on which never happened.

That's on Monchi, he gambled and failed 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We know absolutely nothing about what goes on behind the scenes

But let's have a moan about it anyway

We have what is reported. We always only ever have what is reported. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We can't afford anything. That means window is done. 

We had to sell a Carlos to buy a Geertruida.

We go with our 18yo Right Back

It's been a very poor window because of a very poor decision to sign Maatsen and that just stopped us from fixing real issues in the squad. They thought they could move other players on which never happened.

That's on Monchi, he gambled and failed 

Maatsen will prove to be a very good signing. We needed a new left back, just like we needed a new right back. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maatsen will prove to be a very good signing. We needed a new left back, just like we needed a new right back. 

We didn't need a new left back this window at the expense of RB though. 

They made a calculated risk they could move on Carlos and replace him. It's failed 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â