Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not sure we have 2 players in every position that may be needed to get through this fixture list.

Having strengthened  the squad, suddenly we feel a little light again.  Hoping we have a defender incoming, and the coaching staff are confident a couple of the younger players can step up if needed. 

Posted (edited)

"People need to calm down." "It was a good window when you think about it." "Joao etc. was never going to happen." "I knew all this already."  "Just trust the powers that be." "Not sure why anyone would be upset."

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611l8s2lc4yz2e27lm8hf

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not sure we have 2 players in every position that may be needed to get through this fixture list.

Only goalkeeper and RB we are kinda weak in. every other position is solid. 

Martinez/Gauci

Cash/Kosta

Konsa/Carlos

Torres/Mings

Digne/Maatsen

Onana/Kamara

Tilemans/Barkley

McGinn/Ramsey

Rogers/Beundia

Bailey/Philogene

Watkins/Duran

That’s the best overall squad of players we’ve had in a long time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Martinez/Gauci

Cash/Kosta

Konsa/Carlos

Torres/Mings

Digne/Maatsen

Onana/Kamara

Tilemans/Barkley

McGinn/Ramsey

Rogers/Beundia

Bailey/Philogene

Watkins/Duran

RB and AM are the weaknesses 

• Like 3

so with that easy CL draw and we know we will be getting a few more games , surely we can afford a RB and a new striker  now ? 

I think we've probably got a bunch of announcements ready to go, but have delayed them until tomorrow so as not to take any attention away from the Champions League draw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I think it's  RB and CB (purely on the basis on Mings) - if we brought in someone who could play both (e.g. loan for Chalobah), I'd  be happy enough. In all likelihood, we'll have to be happy with Donk/Bogaarde playing a few games 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Am is not that weak tbh. Roger’s is amazing and Buendia is good

RB, Only thing that’s stopping Kosta being way better than Cash is experience. He’ll have enough before the end of the season to park Cash permanently on the bench. What’s good enough for current Villa 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we've probably got a bunch of announcements ready to go, but have delayed them until tomorrow so as not to take any attention away from the Champions League draw.

That’s the most optimistic and quite possibly deluded take in quite a few pages of this thread. But I love it and I’m getting on board with it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Been drinking heavily today have you?  Love the crazy optimism, so I’m going to be onboard with you

It’s a shame we couldn’t go all guns blazing now that we are a CL club. I don’t doubt for a second they’ve done all they can, but we’ve had one hand tied behind our backs the entire time

• Like 2

Worrying that it seems to have got quiet going into the last day of the transfer window. Perhaps I dont recall correctly but the last windows we haven't made many last second dels have we?

I think we very much need a RB and one more attacking option, preferrably also a CB cover and a back up GK.

• Thanks 1

On reflection, it makes sense to not spend £25m to £30m on Geertruida when he has less than a year left on his contract. Still wish we signed him though, but financial “fair” play rules are working hard to try and keep us in our lane.

I’m sure Monchi will be working his magic at the Champions League draw sort out some loan deals.

Or not.

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Why get pissed off about something that isn't true?

Apologies VT. 

Thought i read commentary here suggesting Watkins was 29 years old and we could sell to pave way for Duran, and took that at face value as being dead serious.

The thought did cross my mind if it was worth engaging but apparently all i was engaging was my imagination to get my drama queen on.

Edit: @It's Your Round

@Tomaszk @villa89

Just winding myself up. Don't mind me.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Martinez/Gauci

Cash/Kosta

Konsa/Carlos

Torres/Mings

Digne/Maatsen

Onana/Kamara

Tilemans/Barkley

McGinn/Ramsey

Rogers/Beundia

Bailey/Philogene

Watkins/Duran

Some improvements but I think Cash and Kosta at right back are a real weak link. I don't think I see either featuring in any other top 8 side. I unfortunately expect Konsa to be back there at some point. Possibly when Mings is back. 

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

Some improvements but I think Cash and Kosta at right back are a real weak link. I don't think I see either featuring in any other top 8 side. I unfortunately expect Konsa to be back there at some point. Possibly when Mings is back. 

Kosta will be a CL level FB before he’s 21. That kid has as much potential than Duran 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â