Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We are very light at the back. Really only have 1 CB capable of playing 2 games a week. Both Carlos and Torres had fitness issues and cannot be trusted to stay fit enough to play that many games. Mingss state is a big unknown.

At RB we have a 18 year old and Cash who every season goes through multiple hamstring issues.

Injury to Konsa and we could be completely **** at the back.

Absolutely this. Last season Lenglet played a fair amount. Carlos is mediocre at best too. A lot riding on Mings coming back to a competitive level here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bose said:

Yeah don’t see us signing anyone else.

Still I don’t see how Emery won’t be able to have us compete for top 4 and play the Champions League as well with this squad.

He showed it last season, even though it was the conference league but those were still extra games.

So far he’s gone above expectations every season. Wouldn’t be surprised if that continues. 

Emery has managed to turn Rogers into one of the hottest players in Europe. We will be fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We are very light at the back. Really only have 1 CB capable of playing 2 games a week. Both Carlos and Torres had fitness issues and cannot be trusted to stay fit enough to play that many games. Mingss state is a big unknown.

At RB we have a 18 year old and Cash who every season goes through multiple hamstring issues.

Injury to Konsa and we could be completely **** at the back.

Yep. Even if a big signing like Geertruida isn't happening I still think we could do with some kind of Lemglet-esque loan or even a free agent like Hermoso were it possible to do so. Carlos seemingly isn't in training right now and the club were evidently open to him leaving, Mings is still not back particularly soon, Cash just picked up an injury etc. You're then suddenly expecting an awful lot of a young player like Nedeljkovic, or Bogarde who hasn't even played a competitive men's game at CB in what is going to potentially be a gruelling season.

We will likely at least bring in a defender tomorrow, we're trying to sign Geertruida, so makes logical sense that if that doesn't happen we will have other options, might be unglamorous loan deal like Lenglet last summer, but i suspect something will happen.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see another attacker brought in on loan, either someone like Grealish or Zaha, or a younger player with a buy option, similar to Zaniolo deal

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

Be honest if we don't sign 2 quality signings come in bit underwhelming. No Diaby replacement and the RB CB issue is still there. Maybe better depth,  but I think we have loss quality. Net spend lucky to be 10 million. Think we wasted to much time on Felix deal.

In what way? We have no money so he was never an option. Only way we were going to sign him was if we sold Duran. Until we did Felix or anyone else for that matter were off the table. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

In what way? We have no money so he was never an option. Only way we were going to sign him was if we sold Duran. Until we did Felix or anyone else for that matter were off the table. 

I don't think the Felix deal had anything to do with the Duran sale.

Edited by ozvilla28

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we don't sign a defender tomorrow.  Lenglet started 24 league/cup games for us last season and to not replace him would be criminal. There are obviously doubts over when Mings will be back and how long it will take him to get back to anything like his best so I'd be very surprised if we were factoring him in to be capable of playing a substantial amount of games. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still wouldn’t be surprised with Chalobah on loan.

Scraping the bottom of the Chelsea barrel and helping them out PSR wise.

Got to love it.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people are somehow seeing the Luiz deal through the idea that we no longer have Illing Junior and Barrenechea, which is strange as they were only ever going to be on loan. It doesn't become a £40m deal because the players we exchanged play somewhere else for a year, far from it.

It's very possible that the plan was to loan both out, let them play with Champions league clubs and do okay and in doing so increase the value  of both players - if we'd done that and increased their combined value to about £50m, then we'd have sold Luiz for something around £90m, albeit over two seasons, which seems about right to me.

Well a lot of the buzz was that we were building a better squad with these two players

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Well a lot of the buzz was that we were building a better squad with these two players

Exactly. That was the whole spiel. The unit was stronger even if the first 11 was losing a bit of quality.

As of right now, the window is a 6/10 at a push and I hope Monchi can pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At one point I was thinking there might be some grand plan.

IE buying up all the best young talent in the world and having a boss team in a couple of years.

Even if that is the plan, it's been gone about in the most nonsensical manner.

It was reported a little while ago, I forget where, that was the plan before Gerrard. But up all the youth and become a production line for them to become the best young team in England. Basically the British Leipzig.

Then we changed tact, partly because we had to back a new manager, then because it was not going well, we had to change the way we went about it.

By the time Unai came in, we had a squad to fix and wages were high, so the rules dictated that the Academy we had spent so long building, was actuay a better profit generator than a First Team player generator.

We ended one strategy snd started another. We werent ready to quite let go of the old one, because they still saw it as the most sensible way forward...so we spent a huge amount of time last summer negotiating those complicated buy back deals

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The window has probably been fine overall but it does feel somewhat underwhelming for some reason. 

I think because of the season ahead given players have gone out on loan, with one day left we have Onana, Maatsen, Jaden and Barkley in while Diaby, Moreno and Luiz have gone out.  That’s why it feels underwhelming!

• Thanks 1

I haven't commented much, I've waited. I think we are a little short in a few areas. I'll see how things play out. I would have liked at least two defensive players. One being Geert.

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It was reported a little while ago, I forget where, that was the plan before Gerrard. But up all the youth and become a production line for them to become the best young team in England. Basically the British Leipzig.

Then we changed tact, partly because we had to back a new manager, then because it was not going well, we had to change the way we went about it.

By the time Unai came in, we had a squad to fix and wages were high, so the rules dictated that the Academy we had spent so long building, was actuay a better profit generator than a First Team player generator.

We ended one strategy snd started another. We werent ready to quite let go of the old one, because they still saw it as the most sensible way forward...so we spent a huge amount of time last summer negotiating those complicated buy back deals

Was talking about Chelsea bud!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â