Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Enda said:

I heard that Eastern Europeans were killing swans. Poles, I think they were. Murdering swans. I’d never have imagined that sort of thing. Typical Labour.

I bet the Queen is fuming!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We aren’t signing anybody tonight…

Monchi literally has his phone in his hand. He could sign three players before the draw is over if he wanted

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Monchi literally has his phone in his hand. He could sign three players before the draw is over if he wanted

Yep. People can multitask. I’m sure Monchi and Nas are using their phones for business up until the draw. 

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get a right back. It’s the one thing we really needed to do this entire summer. A bit baffled if we don’t. It will end up looking like we wasted way too much time and energy chasing players who never really wanted to play for us in the first place. Still, I’m hopeful. We’ll get some good news in the next 24 hours, methinks. 

Being in the  Champions League doesn't seem to have had the pull for new signings that i was hoping for. A bit underwhelming so far. Let's hope something good happens tomorrow

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hev said:

Being in the  Champions League doesn't seem to have had the pull for new signings that i was hoping for. A bit underwhelming so far. Let's hope something good happens tomorrow

Disagree, you think we are signing Onana and Maatsen without it? 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hev said:

It's a year when I think we're going to have to swallow, from time to time, a few unpleasant gulps of reality, even as we all share the joy and excitement of Villa's general resurgence.  No use pretending we're any more or any less of who we are right now in 2024. I don't have the mindset to spend the whole year kvetching about the transfer window, even if I feel some letdowns. We'll just have to get on with it. #UTV

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

I'm happy on the whole, we've made some good signings and have started the season encouragingly, as well as the general buzz of the Champions League being so high that we could even have an underwhelming season and it'd still probably be a net positive for me. Hard to not be a bit frustrated at the current transfer situation though as it does seem that the club must be themselves. 

Have said it a million times but I like both Cash and Carlos and think they contributed greatly to last season's success, however depending on where Konsa plays one of them was the most easily-improved part of the starting eleven and it looks like that won't end up happening. It's not the end of the world by any means if it doesn't happen, but I still think we're verging on worryingly light at the back given the season ahead.

Someone could still come in for Diego. It’s not over yet. Let’s wait and see what happens before we get too emotional. 
A bit of mindfulness is needed here. We’ve just enjoyed our first CL draw in 40 plus years and I feel as though people are letting it pass because they are angry at transfer activity. Life has not been this good for us for decades. I’m going to enjoy it while I can.

32 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'm happy on the whole, we've made some good signings and have started the season encouragingly, as well as the general buzz of the Champions League being so high that we could even have an underwhelming season and it'd still probably be a net positive for me. Hard to not be a bit frustrated at the current transfer situation though as it does seem that the club must be themselves. 

Have said it a million times but I like both Cash and Carlos and think they contributed greatly to last season's success, however depending on where Konsa plays one of them was the most easily-improved part of the starting eleven and it looks like that won't end up happening. It's not the end of the world by any means if it doesn't happen, but I still think we're verging on worryingly light at the back given the season ahead.

We are very light at the back. Really only have 1 CB capable of playing 2 games a week. Both Carlos and Torres had fitness issues and cannot be trusted to stay fit enough to play that many games. Mingss state is a big unknown.

At RB we have a 18 year old and Cash who every season goes through multiple hamstring issues.

Injury to Konsa and we could be completely **** at the back.

• Like 1

Yeah don’t see us signing anyone else.

Still I don’t see how Emery won’t be able to have us compete for top 4 and play the Champions League as well with this squad.

He showed it last season, even though it was the conference league but those were still extra games.

So far he’s gone above expectations every season. Wouldn’t be surprised if that continues. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â