Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Or we sell 29 Yr old Watkins if Duran has a brilliant season & Duran becomes our number 1 striker.

Duran and Watkins are very different, I understand what you are saying but they are not like for like players.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people are somehow seeing the Luiz deal through the idea that we no longer have Illing Junior and Barrenechea, which is strange as they were only ever going to be on loan. It doesn't become a £40m deal because the players we exchanged play somewhere else for a year, far from it.

It's very possible that the plan was to loan both out, let them play with Champions league clubs and do okay and in doing so increase the value  of both players - if we'd done that and increased their combined value to about £50m, then we'd have sold Luiz for something around £90m, albeit over two seasons, which seems about right to me.

Impossible logic. Twitter told me we had our pants pulled down and it was a horror show. 

SIJ is still only 20 and will get such valuable experience - he cost us £10m or less too. Enzo cost a similar amount. If they get minutes elsewhere they come back stronger for the experience who we can fully integrate or sell down the road.

People are also forgetting that Bouba might be back in 4-6 weeks too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Duran and Watkins are very different, I understand what you are saying but they are not like for like players.

Agree both different but your only ever playing with 1 up top.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do any of you on here routinely sign up to other fan forums to basically wind them up?

Or is this a phenomena limited to our boards?

I signed up to an Everton one years ago, I think we'd been linked to someone, or the other way round and I was just seeing what they were saying... not to wind them up though, can't really imagine what state of mind I'd have to be in to ever bother to do that 😅

For anyone thinking Chelsea's dealing are genius we just don't understand.

They owe Raheem Sterling 70 million.

Imagine if their whole bombsquad just decide to not go anywhere. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

EXCLUSIVE | Aston Villa made an offer of 20+5 million Euros+15% share of the subsequent sale for Sebastian Szymański from Fenerbahçe, but the transfer was vetoed because José Mourinho did not approve. The board accepted the offer, but the transfer did not happen because Mourinho gave a ‘Let him stay’ report.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They owe Raheem Sterling 70 million.

Imagine if their whole bombsquad just decide to not go anywhere. Lol

Wait until they lose a couple. It'll be a disaster strategy again. 

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not seen this in many places!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Agree both different but your only ever playing with 1 up top.

Agree but in Unai’s system Duran will only ever be a sub not a starter.

Mighty quiet, considering the window closes tomorrow

Defensive reinforcement needed, ideally an upgrade on Carlos and just in case Mings takes a while to get back up to speed, and also to give us another option at right-back

Another attacker needed, after Zaniolo, Dobbin, Diaby, and Iling-Junior all left this summer, plus we don't know how Buendia is going to be after injury, room for

We can sign some future prospects too

A bunch of players in the U21s could potentially go out on loan

A few sales/departures could happen

Tomorrow could be busiest final day of transfer window ever

• Like 1

Do we reallyyyyyyy need more players? We just need our current players to fully adopt Unai ball and play the way he wants them to play and then we will probably win the league. So, I don’t think we need anyone else. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We loaned Nedeljkovic after we bought him and he's come into our team this season on back of that Loan. Philogene was a creativ type loan also and he's come into the team. 

I don't understand why people have an issue with us doing what the other big clubs do in identifying talent and signing them. Then loaning them to play regularly and develop. 

City bought Alvarez for a cheap <£20m fee, left him at River, he came and played what 18 months?   And has now gone for £80m

They' then did the same (buy & leave on loan) with Echeverri. Real doing it with another River midfielder at the moment.

Whilst i'm not saying we'll get £80 for each of these guys, it shows that what we're doing is not abnormal. It's an efffective way to help players develop and go up in value.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Iling-Junior is already worth more than we paid for him, if we tried to buy him outside of the Luiz deal the fee wouldn't be as low as eleven million or whatever it was, that isn't the going rate for a player of his profile, would have cost closer to £20m,

I think some are equating Iling and Enzo going out on loan with when our academy players go out on loan because they're not good enough yet and in a lot of cases won't ever be good enough, at least not any time soon, but with Samuel and Enzo it's a completely different thing, this is two players good enough to get moves to decent teams in top leagues, they're probably already worth more than we paid for them based on that alone, put it this way if a club offered us £22m for the both of them I think we would be cray to accept

Spot on!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â