Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

We won’t have time to replace him though so not sure it’s worth it. We can’t have just one striker in a champions league campaign.

Yeah fair point, for his position in the squad we couldn’t get much better. Are there any other 20 years old with his potential about? 

I would however take Morgan Whittaker

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jigen said:

You got robbed in Douglas deal. Monchi here made a disaster 

It happened like 2 months ago. It’s impossible to judge right now. Silly rhetoric. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

The tone of this board will hinge on signing someone before the window SLAMS SHUT! If we sign anyone for over £5m then people will say this was a good window and if we don't --> Meltdown incoming. Worst window ever etc. 

I think most fans will say this has been a decent but maybe not extraordinary window, most know the restraints were are under with PSR and understand we can’t go spunking £££ like it’s going out of fashion. Pretty obvious we need to offload before we can buy for now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

It’s very difficult to improve players on a 4th place finish.

It’s going to be very expensive now, to improve personnel.

I think Onana and Maatsen was very good business, with Mings ,Kamara  and JJ returning that gives us 5 players strengthening a 4th placed team

with Roger’s and Duran enhancing their reputations…..I think that is very good.

Pretty spot on this, we are in a good position but it’s not going to be easy to replicate 4th place, we probably over achieved considering how we performed after Kamara’s injury. Hopefully the emergence of Roger’s and having others back from injury will keep us in with a shout.

11 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Yeah fair point, for his position in the squad we couldn’t get much better. Are there any other 20 years old with his potential about? 

I would however take Morgan Whittaker

Apparently we want Tammy Abraham if Duran goes although it's a terrible source so I don't believe it. It'll be hard to get a 20 year old as good as Duran tbh.

If we could get someone like Baena with the Duran money + another striker it might be worth it, as Baena probably improves our team, but if it isn't possible we may as well keep |Duran IMO.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Apparently we want Tammy Abraham if Duran goes although it's a terrible source so I don't believe it. It'll be hard to get a 20 year old as good as Duran tbh.

Trust your instinct! But surprised it’s took until now for someone mention that link, total BS willing to bet my favourite son Tammy will never play for us.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Trust your instinct! But surprised it’s took until now for someone mention that link, total BS willing to bet my favourite son Tammy will never play for us.

I wanted him 3 years ago instead of Ings as was a lot younger, but his career seems to have gone downhill since then. Rather keep Duran.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I wanted him 3 years ago instead of Ings as was a lot younger, but his career seems to have gone downhill since then. Rather keep Duran.

Same, Duran is a talent and if he has a brilliant season we’ll get a premium for him next summer if he still wants to leave.

• Like 1

Iling-Junior is already worth more than we paid for him, if we tried to buy him outside of the Luiz deal the fee wouldn't be as low as eleven million or whatever it was, that isn't the going rate for a player of his profile, would have cost closer to £20m,

I think some are equating Iling and Enzo going out on loan with when our academy players go out on loan because they're not good enough yet and in a lot of cases won't ever be good enough, at least not any time soon, but with Samuel and Enzo it's a completely different thing, this is two players good enough to get moves to decent teams in top leagues, they're probably already worth more than we paid for them based on that alone, put it this way if a club offered us £22m for the both of them I think we would be cray to accept

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people are somehow seeing the Luiz deal through the idea that we no longer have Illing Junior and Barrenechea, which is strange as they were only ever going to be on loan. It doesn't become a £40m deal because the players we exchanged play somewhere else for a year, far from it.

It's very possible that the plan was to loan both out, let them play with Champions league clubs and do okay and in doing so increase the value  of both players - if we'd done that and increased their combined value to about £50m, then we'd have sold Luiz for something around £90m, albeit over two seasons, which seems about right to me.

We loaned Nedeljkovic after we bought him and he's come into our team this season on back of that Loan. Philogene was a creativ type loan also and he's come into the team. 

I don't understand why people have an issue with us doing what the other big clubs do in identifying talent and signing them. Then loaning them to play regularly and develop. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Same, Duran is a talent and if he has a brilliant season we’ll get a premium for him next summer if he still wants to leave.

Or we sell 29 Yr old Watkins if Duran has a brilliant season & Duran becomes our number 1 striker.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I guess the issue was that this window was sold as sacrificing quality in the first team by losing Diaby and Luiz but gaining strength in depth in terms of the squad. 

I think we will be netter for it 💪

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â