Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I wonder if Chelsea will come crawling back with an offer for Duran if both Toney and Osimhen end up in Saudi Arabia. It would have to be a huge offer but it’s the sort of lunacy that is expected of a circus club.

I guess we’ll know shortly when Duran takes all his Villa content off of his social media accounts.

Duran has something and every one can see it.

But we have to remember he is 20 and that he will be inconsistent. Being a bit nuts doesn’t help with that inconsistency.

£50 mil and they can have him.

Edited by Nicho

10 hours ago, jigen said:

You got robbed in Douglas deal. Monchi here made a disaster 

First part is true. Second part I’m not so sure. We overspent to qualify for the Champions League and we achieved it - the cost was always having to take a hit this summer, and the wider dealings haven’t left us with a weaker squad IMO, even if DL went for way less than his value.

All of this work to get a player off the books in Dendonker to allow us to sign Geertruida. One thing this does tell us was wee had absolutely no chance of signing Felix. It seems clearer now Felix was only if we managed to sell Duran. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

First part is true. Second part I’m not so sure. We overspent to qualify for the Champions League and we achieved it - the cost was always having to take a hit this summer, and the wider dealings haven’t left us with a weaker squad IMO, even if DL went for way less than his value.

I think in the current market €50m is about right for Luiz given the circumstances too. That we needed to sell before June ME. If we could get the top price this summer maybe we could have got a bit more. 

Iling Junior going on Loan tinaid his development is no different to any buying a player for the future countless clubs do. Buy a player, loan them out or back to the club you bought them from. The kid is 20

28 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Duran has something and every one can see it.

But we have to remember he is 20 and that he will be inconsistent. Being a bit nuts doesn’t help with that inconsistency.

£50 mil and they can have him.

We won’t have time to replace him though so not sure it’s worth it. We can’t have just one striker in a champions league campaign.

• Like 2

Like most I’d love another defender, but I think it’s important to remember just how much work has already been done under seemingly tight PRS restrictions. 

I think the timing of signings maybe give a certain impression for some about how the window has gone. All would agree that getting new signings in early is beneficial, yet having done so, some probably feel underwhelmed by the last few weeks of inactivity. 

All in all I think it’s been a good window under the circumstances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If we can move Dendonker on for most of his wages and lets say Las Palmas pay us a bonus for remainder if they stay up. We get Geertruida in permanently. We can then look to move Carlos on in Jan if possible. Barrenechea can go on Loan in Jan if we have a good injury record  and he needs game time. 

I work in Jan this year was superb and we didn't even know it. Rogers and Nedeljkovic playing the majority of the Arsenal game, nobody would have thought that 7 months ago.

Donk is on 3 times more than Las Palmas highest paid player

The tone of this board will hinge on signing someone before the window SLAMS SHUT! If we sign anyone for over £5m then people will say this was a good window and if we don't --> Meltdown incoming. Worst window ever etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think in the current market €50m is about right for Luiz given the circumstances too. That we needed to sell before June ME. If we could get the top price this summer maybe we could have got a bit more. 

Iling Junior going on Loan tinaid his development is no different to any buying a player for the future countless clubs do. Buy a player, loan them out or back to the club you bought them from. The kid is 20

Judging by some reports coming out of the “old lady” maybe we did well to get what we did…..time will tell.

12 hours ago, jigen said:

You got robbed in Douglas deal. Monchi here made a disaster 

We did get robbed but it was through circumstance more than anything we needed a sale and Juve knew it, Monchi’s hands were tied unfortunately.

• Like 1

I think the window has been good.

Yes we have lost two good players in Luiz and Diaby but I think we have recruited well.

I also think had Forest and Everton not been hit with penalty points we might have seen a more known marque signings some would have liked but I think the club and others are scared of the repercussions of FFP and PSR.

The club have a longer term plan and the signing reflect this.

Getting champions league this season maybe came a season to early has we still have to operate within these parameters, get rid of the deadwood on big wages whilst progressing as a club.  That said the club will embrace the Champions league and so we should.

I think we need to be patient with signings and look deeper into what the club is investing in....potential to sustain consistent progression and stabilise as a top 6 or even 4 club. 

The squad and team are good enough for top 4 but with other teams Spurs, Chelsea, utd, Newcastle all hoping the for the same someone has to miss out.  If we do it wont be down to the loss of Luiz and Diaby, it will be down to competition being stronger.  These players will continue to grow and new signings coming in in the over next 24 months will only make us better and keep us in the mix

Getting in Geertruida by all accounts a good player will help with injuries to Cash and the inexperience of Kosta.

Get him in and taking a deeper look at the others we have got in....... I would say has been a really good window and the future is good.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â