Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No

Well, it has. Considering we finished 4th we haven't done a great deal to improve the side ready for Real Madrid and Barcelona (or whoever we get).

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Bit of a damp squib this summer transfer window isn't it.

Disagree, it’s been exciting,

1. First we sold a key player and signed a fre others: People were ecstatic about our new squad depth,

2. Then we got rid of a lot of the new signings; Were they actually financial deals, rather than players for Emery to magically improve?

3. Last days, Some say we’re fine, I say we need a CB, Others will hope for a Joao Felix, And will we be left with Donk another six months?

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Well, it has. Considering we finished 4th we haven't done a great deal to improve the side ready for Real Madrid and Barcelona (or whoever we get).

Mate... We were NEVER going to be " ready " for any of those teams in one transfer window anyway lol.

There are teams which have been spending 10s and hundreds of millions for years who still aren't.

It's not all about money and fancy transfers. Our own team should be a prime example of that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Disagree, it’s been exciting,

1. First we sold a key player and signed a fre others: People were ecstatic about our new squad depth,

2. Then we got rid of a lot of the new signings; Were they actually financial deals, rather than players for Emery to magically improve?

3. Last days, Some say we’re fine, I say we need a CB, Others will hope for a Joao Felix, And will we be left with Donk another six months?

Sure, lots of stuff has happened. But I meant it's been a damp squib in meeting the expectations of what a new look Villa CL team would like.

I personally thought we would look stronger at this point. Hopefully we can get a couple more in but it looks like we are really struggling to move players off the age bill which seems dependent on us signing anyone.

It’s been an excellent window! That PSR panic was incredibly exciting - will we make a sale in time or will we fail miserably and be deducted points! Doesn’t get more exciting than that my friends. We also signed some players and sold some players, and Chelsea were there. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

You’re right, I’m sure our owners would love to spend at this point. But they’re not allowed to, So we basically stand still (but yet improve, maybe, somehow) because that’s the rules:

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate... We were NEVER going to be " ready " for any of those teams in one transfer window anyway lol.

There are teams which have been spending 10s and hundreds of millions for years who still aren't.

It's not all about money and fancy transfers. Our own team should be a prime example of that.

I get that I just thought we'd be a bit closer to where we want to be that's all. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

You’re right, I’m sure our owners would love to spend at this point. But they’re not allowed to, So we basically stand still (but yet improve, maybe, somehow) because that’s the rules:

Yeah the rules are shite I agree. I hope Chelsea get a points deduction or relegation.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â