Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, jamodillo said:

Is it fair to say that we sold luiz for 20 odd million and two players who may or may not be worth anything in a few years? PSR nonsense

right and they could be worth £80 mill each in a couple of years or one of them worth £80m and the other £20m. Its actually pretty unlikely the players will decrease much in value. Pretty bad young players go for £10m these days

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jamodillo said:

Is it fair to say that we sold luiz for 20 odd million and two players who may or may not be worth anything in a few years? PSR nonsense

If Big Emi speaks to his mate Messi and asks him to select Enzo for a future Argentina squad, he instantly becomes a minimum £15-20m player having played for Argentina. Bobs your uncle we're in profit from him.

If we start a PR campaign reminding people SIJ is english, the enlgish tax will kick in and he's worth £30. Again we're in profit on him.

Luiz deal then looks like we sold him for 90m, we use the profit to renovate the North Stand and all is well with the world.

No in all seriousness, it's still so early to judge these guys and their age/injury history mean they have some development left to do. We can't give them the game time so it economically makes sense to loan them out if Unai thinks we have sufficient cover 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Go Donk, go!

May be being dumb but why does it hinge on Donk... Is it that Enzo will only go if we can't get rid of Donk?

If so then it looks like a few on here will need to get used to seeing him warming our bench for another few months at least

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

May be being dumb but why does it hinge on Donk... Is it that Enzo will only go if we can't get rid of Donk?

If so then it looks like a few on here will need to get used to seeing him warming our bench for another few months at least

Yeah, that makes little to no sense to me either. 

15 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

And just like that.

what are Valencia like these days?, im assuming he has a chance of a fair bit of game time?

It may depend on Dendoncker agreeing to a move that is in the offing which will allow us to bring in a replacement in the one in one out place we seem to be in. If he agrees and we get that extra player in then there's no need for Barrenechea to stay as cover. If he doesn't agree to the move then Emery may see Barrenechea as better cover than Dendoncker and so the loan move falls through.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Donk could be leaving too. Might see a midfielder come in then. Interesting 48 hours ahead 

Must be some signings otw with all of the recent outgoings.

16 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

Mitoma at Brighton got sent on loan to Germany I think. People moaning years ago why don't we operate like Brighton

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Donk could be leaving too. Might see a midfielder come in then. Interesting 48 hours ahead 

Geertruida has played DCM as well as RB and CB

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Mitoma at Brighton got sent on loan to Germany I think. People moaning years ago why don't we operate like Brighton

Mitoma went on loan to their Belgian partner for work permit purposes. Something else we are looking to model moving forward. 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully we'll see one or two come in before the window closes. I feel like the depth that we thought we had is shrinking. 

Moreno and Iling-Jr have both gone on loan so back to 2 LBs as we had last season (though I think Maatsen will turn out to be a big improvement). We have Kosta now as competition for RB but he's still very young, well see how that turns out. Not sure what level Mings will be at when we returns so LCB is a bit dodgy. Enzo has gone out on loan and Donk might go, though hopefully Kamara can come back and return to the heights that he was at before the injury. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Yes. If both leave then we are too light in midfield. 

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

We better not see Enzo out on loan and donk on the bench. Hopefully means geertruida coming in...

Geertruida would be coming in to play right back, not midfield. I don't think we will let Enzo and Donk both leave regardless of who we might sign this week. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe we’re making room for Baena 👀

As much as I'd like him I don't see it with 48 hrs to go seems like a big transfer to sort out specially if its a £50 million fee & currently no links to Baena..... only really see the Feyenoord lad coming in but then with only 48 hrs to go you really need some more creditable sources righting about it from today ... getting the feeling we could be done. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â