Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I wonder if Ramsey is an option for 10 if Rogers is injured. He has similar profile in terms of ball carrying. 

Trying to work out how safe we are in terms of depth in positions where people have the same talents so we don't need to comprise the style of play when a player is injured 

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seriously? I can't believe anyone would think that

I predicted that they will finish 12th.  So that is closer to relegation than the Top 4 in terms of places (although I don't expect them to be anywhere near the relegation battle).

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I wonder if Ramsey is an option for 10 if Rogers is injured. He has similar profile in terms of ball carrying. 

Trying to work out how safe we are in terms of depth in positions where people have the same talents so we don't need to comprise the style of play when a player is injured 

With some development maybe but Ramsey lacks the close control and the incisive passing of Rogers imo. It's in his future of possible outcomes for sure, with some development but I don't think he can do it this year for a team challenging at the top third of the table.

I'd just like to see him back to his ball carrying best and some strong shots, what we saw from.him before his injury, coming in off the left 

Linked to Raphina again today - tentative link. Would take him on loan for sure. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan from Barcelona and a loan from Chelsea to box off this RB/CB and Attacker wants that we have. 

We proved last summer that we can make pretty good use of the loan market, and we already have a bit of a relationship with Barcelona from the Lenglet deal.

Raphinha on loan would be an excellent option for the squad to compete with Bailey, especially given the number of games we're going to have on our way to winning the Champions League.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Linked to Raphina again today - tentative link. Would take him on loan for sure. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan from Barcelona and a loan from Chelsea to box off this RB/CB and Attacker wants that we have. 

Is it actual link or our sources think Emery would be open to signing someone like Raphina?

Other than Donk, we shouldn’t sell anyone unless we have a replacement lined up and ready to sign… deals already agreed in principle.

Last thing we want is a panic or mad dash/scramble for replacements and risk being left short - worst case scenario.

We shouldn’t sell Duran at all imo, so long as his attitude and focus is where it should be. Hopefully, all of the previous issues have been ironed out.

No point selling Carlos unless we have at least one deal pretty much agreed for a defender too.

I guess we’re going as is with the GKs, hopefully Gauci can take over from Olsen and make that step up.

We’re under restrictions but… now is the time to spend what we can to help ensure a positive and successful CL campaign. Wouldn’t consider holding funds for January for at least a couple of reasons.

I’m still curious on whether we end up signing Hermoso… strange that he hasn’t moved all window when he’s available on a free. Got to be going somewhere, how long does he have to agree a deal?

Seems like every day recently I open a new browser tab on phone I'm getting article suggestions like: 

Toney signs for Spurs plus 2 other £25m additions. Dream transfer window end for Tottenham. 

This shit has got worse if that was possible now making up headlines of players signing oh but it's just a hypothetical

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Seems like every day recently I open a new browser tab on phone I'm getting article suggestions like: 

Toney signs for Spurs plus 2 other £25 additions. Dream transfer window end for Tottenham. 

This shit has got worse if that was possible now making up headlines of players signing oh but it's just a hypothetical

So much clickbait BS and it gets worse loads of so called Villa sites on Facebook doing it pop up all the time and I don’t even follow the sites does my head in!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

So much clickbait BS and it gets worse loads of so called Villa sites on Facebook doing it pop up all the time and I don’t even follow the sites does my head in!

It's not that it's an article talking about what would be good signings. They're leading with player X signs 

• Like 1

So SIJ and Barrenechea leaving on loan.

We are really banking on Mings Kamara Buendia coming back bad injuries well. Otherwise squad depth is none existent again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â