Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He doesn't though. He's just re-tweeting what others have said and he always lists the source. It's just an aggregator account. 

It’s a running joke mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

All the talk was of us going big this summer, Onana and Maatsen 87m which I guess is big but was hoping for a couple more pieces of the puzzle. 

If only we’d got Soule and Huijsen in the Luiz deal we’d have a better balanced squad.

Minimum we need is a RCB/RB and ideally a LM creator. 

Still maintain we got our 👖 pulled down in that deal , maybe PSR screwed us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Still maintain we got our 👖 pulled down in that deal , maybe PSR screwed us.

I get your point and shared at the time, that I'd have liked a few other players instead (Huijsen being one).

Think some of the issue is that by June 30th we had have a deal & to do so, we needed to pick players from those that Juve would allow to be included in the deal. Both the players we 've got, are decent in their own right and may become first teamers for us but they're definitely more project options that some of the others I think we could have got. Think a few have said it already but we'll only see the true benefits of the Luiz deal maybe next season when Enzo & SIJ have had more time to adapt.

The deal only looks odd in hindsight because Juve have since gone on to spend a bit more money then even they had initially intended (due to players being available and still wanting to get Koopmeiners). They then needed to sell some of the players they previously told us were not for sale. It's frustrating but I think we made the best deal we could - at that time.

4 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

*sigh* 

alright let’s go through the bolded one by one.

1. This is an opinion not a fact - literally Konsa at RB is what put us in the top 4. I would imagine Emery will want 3 CBs for Real Madrid anyway.

2. How is this a false narrative? Literally here my original post:

Mate, you can advocate for signing player xyz but how about not linking it to a Villa player who’s given 3 years of effort to us and their unfortunate injury, hey?

Go talk about whatever transfer you want. But using a players 2 game injury that’s just happened as impetus to sign someone new I just don’t think is appropriate. It’s not a moral high ground - it’s just something I would not do and will call out. I would prefer to think we’d support our players in the event of any injury as opposed to look to capitalise within hours of the event occurring. If you disagree, IDGAF but last time I checked I’m entitled to call it out.

3. No why would a short injury add any urgency? We can scarcely cover all bases when it comes to long term injuries let alone short term injuries. 

4. Weak link - this is an opinion not a fact. We will see if we bring an RB in but tbh I don’t think we will and therefore unsure the club views it as a weak point.

5. JFC cut the dramatics - I didn't realise posting on a forum elevated you to 'arbiter' on a subject. Why would you assume this outside of wanting to sound like a teenager whose parents won't let you go outside?

6. Happy for you - not what I believe should be the primary thought and I’m sure that Matty Cash would love to hear about this, but happy for you - you should totally bake cookies or something to celebrate.

I didn't read this because it's probably just more posturing and moralizing. Anyhow, we all have our bad days. Goodbye, Kangaroo. May the force be with you.

I’d take Kingsley Coman if he’s looking to get out of Bayern. 

After Kane ruined his amazing record of always winning the league I can’t blame him for wanting out of Germany. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He doesn't though. He's just re-tweeting what others have said and he always lists the source. It's just an aggregator account. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a running joke mate.

I didn't take the bait finally

Carlos is not a disaster imo. He had some incredible games last season, coming off a huge injury at 31years old in basically his first season in the Prem..

I'll give Gerrard and Purslow lots of shit for lots of things but signing Diego Carlos won't be one of them.

We should be looking at upgrading, 100% or moving Konsa back there full time, but Carlos isn't killing us and isn't a disaster imo 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

1. This is an opinion not a fact - literally Konsa at RB is what put us in the top 4.

Cash played 19 PL games at RB last season for 38pts so that means we got 30pts from the other 19 games 

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Massively overrated on the basis that he can run fast.

I think he could offer something, playing well for Leeds and after settling down a bit, if the price is right reckon on his day can be a very tricky operator. 

1 minute ago, Thecake said:

I think he could offer something, playing well for Leeds and after settling down a bit, if the price is right reckon on his day can be a very tricky operator. 

Nah Gnonto is shit. Just another player hyped by some on VT because he had one good game against us. 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

But also was incredible Vs Arsenal and Man City. Players are allowed bad games.

Getting sent off in friendly was final straw for me. Brainless

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cash played 19 PL games at RB last season for 38pts so that means we got 30pts from the other 19 games 

You have to grade the fixtures for difficulty though. By and large Emery played Cash at RB against teams we expected to beat, and in which we would have expected to have the majority of possession, and played Konsa at RB in the harder games. The counter-factual (which is unknowable, but I have a fairly strong opinion on) is 'would we have got as many as 30 points from those games with Cash at RB?' 

29 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’d take Kingsley Coman if he’s looking to get out of Bayern. 

After Kane ruined his amazing record of always winning the league I can’t blame him for wanting out of Germany. 

He is on 330k a week which rules is out but we also dont want a convicted woman beater in the squad

• Like 2

Another player out the door then (temporarily). Gearing up for something or just trimming the squad so they actually get some game time? 

Edited by Tayls

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not sure about that, we might risk buying the RB while looking for selling options. If not he could be sold next window. We’ve got a LB without selling, we only managed to loan Moreno. 
It’s all about the opportunity if we think Geertruida is the next level RB then we’ll invest in him , as waiting longer could make the ship sale. By then even if we managed to sell Cash we might not be able to get him. We need a CB depth any way so he can also help in that aspect.

I think he is next level, I also think he is relatively cheap.

I suspect we are hamstrung by PSR/FFP though

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You have to grade the fixtures for difficulty though. By and large Emery played Cash at RB against teams we expected to beat, and in which we would have expected to have the majority of possession, and played Konsa at RB in the harder games. The counter-factual (which is unknowable, but I have a fairly strong opinion on) is 'would we have got as many as 30 points from those games with Cash at RB?' 

image.thumb.png.234e13b810f653b9f31bc977f56f8e7b.png

True that Konsa played RB in tougher games (avg opponent ppg was 1.5 vs 1.22 for games with Cash at RB)

Not sure if this is the right logic, but if you take the average points distributed in a PL game (about 2.8) and deduct our opponents avg ppg this might give an indication of our expected points in those games. So our expected points in our games with Cash at RB was 1.57, and we actually got 2.06, so an overperformance of 0.49ppg or 31%. This is vs a Konsa at RB overperformance of 0.28ppg or 22%

I think its fair to say that irrespective of fixture difficulty, they both contributed a fair bit to us getting top 4

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â