Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 hours ago, striker said:

Just remember Villa don't leak anything to the press. It's always quiet before a transfer drops and it's very quiet now! 

Sometimes we do, sometimes we don’t. Onana for example came completely out the blue when Ornstein announced it, but Barkley and Maatsen were reported a bit in advance of the deals getting done.

I hope we have a couple of late deals lined up but I’m not convinced we do. If we do bring anyone else in I hope it’s a clear upgrade to the first team or I’d rather we did nothing. Think we have enough squad players as it is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not happening. Also rather promote top talent we've already got and seen than push down pecking order. 

Top teams need lots of options. If the talent we’ve already got are good enough they will make it regardless of the competition.

As we stand today, Geertruida, Gomez and Chalobah are all still available - I’m confident we’ll get one of them. 

I think we’ll also see an attacking loan - no idea who that would be. First choice was clearly Felix but I don’t think we were in a position to bid without Duran going.

When you look at our starting XI in the first two games, RB and LM were our weaknesses. You could bring Ramsey into LM but he and Rogers are too similar. We need a creative force up there - a better Buendia.

How would we all feel If we got Chalobah and Los Celso on loan? 

We'll find out any deals we're after today. Maybe at latest tomorrow. Too little time to be trying to get a deal going later than that. 

If we sign a defender or a forward I'll be happy. I'd prioritise a defender this window though. 

£30m for Geertruida seems very steep, hopefully if we do move it's closer to £20m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I stand corrected - regardless been confirmed as 4 weeks:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5723632/2024/08/26/matty-cash-injury-aston-villa/

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'll find out any deals we're after today. Maybe at latest tomorrow. Too little time to be trying to get a deal going later than that. 

If we sign a defender or a forward I'll be happy. I'd prioritise a defender this window though. 

£30m for Geertruida seems very steep, hopefully if we do move it's closer to £20m

Only because he is in his last year of his contract. We sold Kellyman for 19m and he hasn't done anything close to what Geertruida has (yeah yeah english tax etc but the point still stands)

4 minutes ago, Thecake said:

I'd through a cheeky bid in for Wilfred Gnonto, could be picked up right and could take some of the tweeting pressure off Duran....!! 

Massively overrated on the basis that he can run fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

I can see Los Celso happening Emery seems to rate him even though a few on here don’t, he’d add depth in what is going to be a busy season.

Not sure a defender will come in without an outgoing though, I think we are going with the thought Ming’s will be back and firing.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I can see Los Celso happening Emery seems to rate him even though a few on here don’t, he’d add depth in what is going to be a busy season.

Not sure a defender will come in without an outgoing though, I think we are going with the thought Ming’s will be back and firing.

Why? We’ve had no proper links to him, just seems lazy links sporadically and seems only because he played for him before some time ago.  Many players have played for Emery but doesn’t mean they’ll be coming to Villa either.  He’s not even the type of player we need whether you think he’s good enough or not.

• Like 1

All the talk was of us going big this summer, Onana and Maatsen 87m which I guess is big but was hoping for a couple more pieces of the puzzle. 

If only we’d got Soule and Huijsen in the Luiz deal we’d have a better balanced squad.

Minimum we need is a RCB/RB and ideally a LM creator. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? We’ve had no proper links to him, just seems lazy links sporadically and seems only because he played for him before some time ago.  Many players have played for Emery but doesn’t mean they’ll be coming to Villa either.  He’s not even the type of player we need whether you think he’s good enough or not.

Ok mate calm down, it’s an opinion nothing more, not saying it is going to happen! We’ll know by the weekend.

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

As we stand today, Geertruida, Gomez and Chalobah are all still available - I’m confident we’ll get one of them. 

I think we’ll also see an attacking loan - no idea who that would be. First choice was clearly Felix but I don’t think we were in a position to bid without Duran going.

When you look at our starting XI in the first two games, RB and LM were our weaknesses. You could bring Ramsey into LM but he and Rogers are too similar. We need a creative force up there - a better Buendia.

But also worth remembering those games were against West Ham (who we seem to usually struggle against - especially their physicality) and Arsenal (one of the title favourites).  I think we outplayed both for most of the match - a silly but unfortunate / slightly weak penalty and a couple of bad misses / a lucky ricochet in the box where really all that stopped us from starting with two comfortable victories.

I don't disagree with your general point though - just pointing out that there are a lot of positives.  Also worth remembering that these were two massive matches for Ned and he'll have come out the other side hopefully feeling much better for it.  I'd agree that a player like Geert would make us much stronger and would allow us to do a similar thing on the right to the left (i.e. essentially play 4 FBs most matches).  LM is interesting.  When they are all fit I think we play Kamara, Onana and Tielemans to give us a real platform from which the more attacking players (I'd include McGinn, Ramsey and Buendia in that list).  So I'd like another version of Tielemans rather than a more flair / creative player.  Barkley probably provides that cover for this season.  McGinn / Ramsey good options when we expect to have more of the ball.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Every window Lo Celso gets linked and it never happens and there’s even less reason to sign him now. It’s just an easy lazy link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Every window Lo Celso gets linked and it never happens and there’s even less reason to sign him now. It’s just an easy lazy link.

Basically replaced the old Danjuma link, a player we were never interested in but who played for Unai before. If we actually wanted Lo Celso, I think we would have moved for him much sooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

All the talk was of us going big this summer, Onana and Maatsen 87m which I guess is big but was hoping for a couple more pieces of the puzzle. 

If only we’d got Soule and Huijsen in the Luiz deal we’d have a better balanced squad.

Minimum we need is a RCB/RB and ideally a LM creator. 

That would have been excellent and those two players would have been much more useful for the here and now but… according to reports, Juve were not interested in including them in the deal.

However, they moved on for relatively modest fees later 🤷‍♂️

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â