Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Lo Celso made 16 appearances for Villareal on loan the season before Unai joined us. He also rejoined on loan that summer and made some appearances before Unai left for us.

I'm sure Unai likes the guy but it's not like he's desperately tried to sign him everywhere he goes. He was useful on loan 3 years ago, so they took him back again 2 years ago.

If the link had come from the press, the same people who bring it up as a possibility now would be dismissing it as a lazy link

I’m not sure why people are angry with the net spend? The more it’s break even the better for us, if we get it right. 

Chiesa is not what we need, he’s a left winger and we don’t play that position. 

We don’t have to get 4th, 5th is wild card. There is a good chance it happens (last season was freak). 

We don’t have the pressure to get CL like last season, a Europa league would be great if we could win a cup and keep improving. 

We’re still building our team and squad, two steps forward half step behind.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not sure why people are angry with the net spend? The more it’s break even the better for us, if we get it right. 

Chiesa is not what we need, he’s a left winger and we don’t play that position. 

We don’t have to get 4th, 5th is wild card. There is a good chance it happens (last season was freak). 

We don’t have the pressure to get CL like last season, a Europa league would be great if we could win a cup and keep improving. 

We’re still building our team and squad, two steps forward half step behind.

Correct on all points.

people are just used to us having done terrible business getting rid of players for nothing.

we have a squad full of valuable players now. I would have thought part of our spending plans in the medium term is that once a few years of amortisation passes on players the net value we sell them for will largely will largely meet the requirements under PSR to buy players in future whilst growing revenue so we can afford the pay rises for our best performers to keep them and the rising cost of wages for the players that are a step up from what we have.

they know what they are doing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

Just remember Villa don't leak anything to the press. It's always quiet before a transfer drops and it's very quiet now! 

Nah barkley was loud tbf 

By the time I’ve waken up tomorrow i want to see a David Ornstein tweet on Geertruida….. probably read that hes gone to Chelsea  😂
Knowing our luck… but i want this deal wrapped up pretty quickly just feel like the past month has been like watching the trailer to a film that you cannot yet watch… TEASER, itching for us to get something over the line and the Felix to Chelsea thing made it 100x worse, cant wait to play and absolutely wipe the floor with them and with Felix playing too 👍

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RicRic said:

By the time I’ve waken up tomorrow i want to see a David Ornstein tweet on Geertruida….. probably read that hes gone to Chelsea  😂
Knowing our luck… but i want this deal wrapped up pretty quickly just feel like the past month has been like watching the trailer to a film that you cannot yet watch… TEASER, itching for us to get something over the line and the Felix to Chelsea thing made it 100x worse, cant wait to play and absolutely wipe the floor with them and with Felix playing too 👍

Fairly sure cash has to go for it to happen, I doubt we will sell Carlos to replace him with a right back who can play at centre back rather than the other way around.

it will also devalue cash as it would greatly reduce his playing time.

i only see a centre back coming if we can sell Carlos as we have heard sod all for a long time about cash leaving 

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Fairly sure cash has to go for it to happen, I doubt we will sell Carlos to replace him with a right back who can play at centre back rather than the other way around.

it will also devalue cash as it would greatly reduce his playing time.

i only see a centre back coming if we can sell Carlos as we have heard sod all for a long time about cash leaving 

I like Cash gives 110 and I’m reluctant to move him on, i know we can’t stockpile but such is this sport, but an opportunity to potentially improve on that position is there to be done…could also not adapt and Cash is the better option too, sometimes the grass isn’t always greener but we must take the risk to get better and not get caught standing still

Edited by RicRic

Do we still need that gamechanging forward player or is Rogers going to become Ronaldinho, still feel we need one more up there personally and i think that should be that 🤞🏽

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Although at the same time, if we don’t have a pot to piss in, it would contradict what Monchi said about us being active until the deadline.

I’m just flabbergasted quality players seemingly don’t want to come here given we can offer them champions league and a top coach to learn under.

Active until the deadline could quite easily be reliant on one in one out.

58 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I like Cash gives 110 and I’m reluctant to move him on, i know we can’t stockpile but such is this sport, but an opportunity to potentially improve on that position is there to be done…could also not adapt and Cash is the better option too, sometimes the grass isn’t always greener but we must take the risk to get better and not get caught standing still

Fair enough, I want to replace him.

im pretty sure the club won’t buy a right back without him being sold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Do we still need that gamechanging forward player or is Rogers going to become Ronaldinho, still feel we need one more up there personally and i think that should be that 🤞🏽

Not happening. Also rather promote top talent we've already got and seen than push down pecking order. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Fair enough, I want to replace him.

im pretty sure the club won’t buy a right back without him being sold. 

I’m not sure about that, we might risk buying the RB while looking for selling options. If not he could be sold next window. We’ve got a LB without selling, we only managed to loan Moreno. 
It’s all about the opportunity if we think Geertruida is the next level RB then we’ll invest in him , as waiting longer could make the ship sale. By then even if we managed to sell Cash we might not be able to get him. We need a CB depth any way so he can also help in that aspect.

15 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know why you keep stating it as this is his 3rd hamstring injury in as many years. He’s also had calf problems a couple of times and other injuries. I think he’s quite injury prone to be honest. 

WTF are you talking about?

IMG_3057.thumb.jpeg.512f80178df1838ff6d20069f5e8c81f.jpeg

15 hours ago, maqroll said:
  • My mistake then, but he is dealing with an injury, and the one true RB left is 18 years old. There's no guarantee Cash will be in tip top shape for our first Champions League match in three weeks. So that leaves 18-year-old Ned, or we weaken our central pairing and pull Konsa over to RB. A recovering Cash, or an inexperienced Ned, or Konsa out of his strongest position lining up against Real Madrid should give every Villa fan severe anxiety.
  • Again, you seem to believe people are wishing injury on Cash, which is absurd. It seems you are not accurately interpreting what people are saying. And the "immediately capitalising on it" sentiment is a false narrative you seem intent on pushing in what comes across as an attempt to achieve some fantasy moral high ground. 
  • I'm making the injury severity comparison to try to understand your thinking. You seem to be saying that what appears to be a relatively minor injury to Cash shouldn't add any urgency to strengthening the position, even though the club have identified the position as a weak link. So my question is, what type of injury to a player makes finding his replacement quickly a morally appropriate process? And I assume you would you be the final arbiter?
  • I might understand your thinking better if the calendar read June 26 and not August 26. We have five days to strengthen the position and suggesting or even hoping that the unfortunately sub-optimal short-term fitness status of Matty Cash might lend an added degree of urgency to our pursuit of Geertruida or another RB seems reasonable to me. You seem determined to impose some morality judgement against this line of thinking, as is your right, if that's how you feel. My conscience is clear, so UP THE VILLA

*sigh* 

alright let’s go through the bolded one by one.

1. This is an opinion not a fact - literally Konsa at RB is what put us in the top 4. I would imagine Emery will want 3 CBs for Real Madrid anyway.

2. How is this a false narrative? Literally here my original post:

Mate, you can advocate for signing player xyz but how about not linking it to a Villa player who’s given 3 years of effort to us and their unfortunate injury, hey?

Go talk about whatever transfer you want. But using a players 2 game injury that’s just happened as impetus to sign someone new I just don’t think is appropriate. It’s not a moral high ground - it’s just something I would not do and will call out. I would prefer to think we’d support our players in the event of any injury as opposed to look to capitalise within hours of the event occurring. If you disagree, IDGAF but last time I checked I’m entitled to call it out.

3. No why would a short injury add any urgency? We can scarcely cover all bases when it comes to long term injuries let alone short term injuries. 

4. Weak link - this is an opinion not a fact. We will see if we bring an RB in but tbh I don’t think we will and therefore unsure the club views it as a weak point.

5. JFC cut the dramatics - I didn't realise posting on a forum elevated you to 'arbiter' on a subject. Why would you assume this outside of wanting to sound like a teenager whose parents won't let you go outside?

6. Happy for you - not what I believe should be the primary thought and I’m sure that Matty Cash would love to hear about this, but happy for you - you should totally bake cookies or something to celebrate.

27 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

WTF are you talking about?

IMG_3057.thumb.jpeg.512f80178df1838ff6d20069f5e8c81f.jpeg

https://onefootball.com/en/news/aston-villa-defender-matty-cash-sidelined-with-injury-32408388

Dean smith confirms Cash hamstring 2021 game against Brighton 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13225481/amp/Matty-Cash-suspected-hamstring-injury-10-MINUTES-Poland-5-1-Estonia-Aston-Villa-defenders-Tuesday-Euro-2024-Wales.html

Cash injures hamstring playing for Poland March 2024.

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2022/09/30/matty-cash-reveals-how-recovery-is-going-ahead-of-aston-villa-injury-return/

Matty Cash himself talks about injuring his hamstring again in a Man City game 2022.

That’s what I’m talking about.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â