Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We have only spend 30 million net spend after all the sales. Expected more to be honest quality through not players just as in depth. Still key areas not addressed.

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

We have only spend 30 million net spend after all the sales. Expected more to be honest quality through not players just as in depth. Still key areas not addressed.

I assume its not just this years accounts, but also next. We don't want to be in the same situation of selling a crown jewel next summer, so have to tighten up the spend this year. It sucks, but it's prudent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah I sort of agree that 4th is wide open. I just fear Chelsea with their insane spending could hit their potential this season and Man Utd have made sensible signings in defence and if they bring in Ugarte will strengthen their central midfield.

Less worried about spurs, Newcastle and West Ham although they’ll be competing for sure. 

The reason I’m less concerned is due to Leicester fans not thinking that much of Maresca and was tactically limited and we all know EtH limitations and I can’t see him lasting long.  

So they can have talented players but using them is a different thing just as we saw the difference between Gerrard and Emery with the same bunch of players.

35 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t see us getting top 4 with what we have. It would be very difficult to do it 2 seasons running anyway, but it’s a shame it looks like Cash is still going to be our starting right back and we haven’t signed a new starting attacking player to give us something different so McGinn is likely to continue playing LW and out of position. I think Nedeljkovic has huge potential but is too young and inexperienced to pin our hopes on him this early. Mings and Kamara coming back soon is great but how they perform after so long out is anyone’s guess.

Not sure what happened with Geertruida, whether we really were pushing hard for Felix, or whether we have anyone else lined up. Given how quiet it is, I am guessing we don’t want to spend much money because we are thinking of FFP next summer otherwise surely we’d have signed Geertruida as a minimum. 

With Unai we always have a chance but I’m a little bit disappointed we haven’t been able to back him a bit more this summer. In terms of net spend, we haven’t spent an awful lot given we’re in the champions league.

It is what it is.

Just remember Villa don't leak anything to the press. It's always quiet before a transfer drops and it's very quiet now! 

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't we sign Lenglet and Zaniolo late? I reckon there will be a couple more signings. Probably loans.

Did you just have a stroke?

45 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

i think its less than that, i think its more like £5m net spend.

Did you miss the Kellyman sale?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Although at the same time, if we don’t have a pot to piss in, it would contradict what Monchi said about us being active until the deadline.

He could have mean active with outgoings. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Forest, Leicester and Newcastle all allegedly hamstrung with FFP, but all can splash the cash without selling anyone. 

We are the only club abiding by FFP rules

There's gonna be more points deductions this season fo sho. Not necessarily the above... Chelsea, City115 etc. Some will have sailed too close to the line.

We don't want to be in that group. 

33 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Forest, Leicester and Newcastle all allegedly hamstrung with FFP, but all can splash the cash without selling anyone. 

We are the only club abiding by FFP rules

Has everybody forgotten the Talk Sport interview with Monchi/Damian?  It’s not just PSR, it’s UEFA rules for Champions League.

I don’t think any of the three you mentioned are in those competitions?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Same here. This happens most windows doesn't it for Villa- we often like to get players in early and the supposed 'big' signing never actually happens.

It's been a common theme. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â