Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

If we can’t spend a significant amount… surely we can manage a couple of decent loans???

Maybe a free transfer or two? What is going on with Hermoso?

I feel we're light in the Forwards.

Watkins, Duran, Rogers and Buendia isn't enough. Whatever we do I think it might be us looking for forward.

We've lost Diaby and Zaniolo from our attack. Added Philogene, a player who's no Premier League experience, or any top flight experience. 

I hope we sign a CB and a Forward but who knows just one of those would be good 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I feel we're light in the Forwards.

Watkins, Duran, Rogers and Buendia isn't enough. Whatever we do I think it might be us looking for forward.

We've lost Diaby and Zaniolo from our attack. Added Philogene, a player who's no Premier League experience, or any top flight experience. 

I hope we sign a CB and a Forward but who knows just one of those would be good 

Buendia coming back replaces Zaniolo numbers wise. Tielemans and McGinn have played as the 10 up there too.

So in terms of out and out strikers it is only Watkins and Duran really but the supporting role has a few options.

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Still convinced Villa are not as hindered by financial rules as stated. Net expenditure is almost nothing. 4th place finish in Prem, CL income and FFP already met.

Imagine if Villa announced a bottomless pit transfer wise. An extra 10m on the asking price right away.

I'll be astounded if Villa don't bring in at least two quality players before the window closes.

You might well be astounded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Buendia coming back replaces Zaniolo numbers wise. Tielemans and McGinn have played as the 10 up there too.

So in terms of out and out strikers it is only Watkins and Duran really but the supporting role has a few options.

Yeah but neither Tielemans or McGinn are proper number 10’s that I would consider anyway in the old Support Striker role.  The Joao Felix type of player.  I really still feel we need that advanced lock picker around the box.  I don’t know who but I believe along with a top notch defender this 10/SS is needed.

I genuinely think all signs point to us not being able to spend any more money. Hoping for minimal injuries this season I assume.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I genuinely think all signs point to us mot being able to spend any more money. Hoping for minimal injuries this season I assume.

Maybe one or two loans but I think you’re right.

I don’t see us getting top 4 with what we have. It would be very difficult to do it 2 seasons running anyway, but it’s a shame it looks like Cash is still going to be our starting right back and we haven’t signed a new starting attacking player to give us something different so McGinn is likely to continue playing LW and out of position. I think Nedeljkovic has huge potential but is too young and inexperienced to pin our hopes on him this early. Mings and Kamara coming back soon is great but how they perform after so long out is anyone’s guess.

Not sure what happened with Geertruida, whether we really were pushing hard for Felix, or whether we have anyone else lined up. Given how quiet it is, I am guessing we don’t want to spend much money because we are thinking of FFP next summer otherwise surely we’d have signed Geertruida as a minimum. 

With Unai we always have a chance but I’m a little bit disappointed we haven’t been able to back him a bit more this summer. In terms of net spend, we haven’t spent an awful lot given we’re in the champions league.

It is what it is.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Felix didn't want to come here, his eyes were set on a return to Chelsea. So you would think, we have money to spend.

Sounds like we could only offer him a loan and not a permanent transfer like Atletico wanted so I’m not sure there is money. 

Although at the same time, if we don’t have a pot to piss in, it would contradict what Monchi said about us being active until the deadline.

I’m just flabbergasted quality players seemingly don’t want to come here given we can offer them champions league and a top coach to learn under.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t see us getting top 4 with what we have. It would be very difficult to do it 2 seasons running anyway, but it’s a shame it looks like Cash is still going to be our starting right back and we haven’t signed a new starting attacking player to give us something different so McGinn is likely to continue playing LW and out of position. I think Nedeljkovic has huge potential but is too young and inexperienced to pin our hopes on him this early. Mings and Kamara coming back soon is great but how they perform after so long out is anyone’s guess.

Not sure what happened with Geertruida, whether we really were pushing hard for Felix, or whether we have anyone else lined up. Given how quiet it is, I am guessing we don’t want to spend much money because we are thinking of FFP next summer otherwise surely we’d have signed Geertruida as a minimum. 

With Unai we always have a chance but I’m a little bit disappointed we haven’t been able to back him a bit more this summer. In terms of net spend, we haven’t spent an awful lot given we’re in the champions league.

It is what it is.

I’m a little disappointed we haven’t brought in another defensive player and a SS but that may still happen.  If we don’t though, barring a massive injury crisis I still think we are amongst the favourites for that 4th place.  

Man U look as bad almost as last season, Newcastle look unconvincing, Chelsea are Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Ange Ball I’m not convinced about or that they have a plan B.  

We look more solid, the experience of last season has done loads for us.  I think Onana is going to be immense for us and we have more depth.

I think a couple more signings and we could lock up that fourth place imo.  We also have the best manager of that group by a country mile so barring injuries, if we could just get a bit more recruitment this week it would be great but if not we are as good as the others fighting for fourth imo.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Although at the same time, if we don’t have a pot to piss in, it would contradict what Monchi said about us being active until the deadline.

I’m just flabbergasted quality players seemingly don’t want to come here given we can offer them champions league and a top coach to learn under.

Active means in and out with one dependant on the other 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m a little disappointed we haven’t brought in another defensive player and a SS but that may still happen.  If we don’t though, barring a massive injury crisis I still think we are amongst the favourites for that 4th place.  

Man U look as bad almost as last season, Newcastle look unconvincing, Chelsea are Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Ange Ball I’m not convinced about or that they have a plan B.  

We look more solid, the experience of last season has done loads for us.  I think Onana is going to be immense for us and we have more depth.

I think a couple more signings and we could lock up that fourth place imo.  We also have the best manager of that group by a country mile so barring injuries, if we could just get a bit more recruitment this week it would be great but if not we are as good as the others fighting for fourth imo.

Yeah I sort of agree that 4th is wide open. I just fear Chelsea with their insane spending could hit their potential this season and Man Utd have made sensible signings in defence and if they bring in Ugarte will strengthen their central midfield.

Less worried about spurs, Newcastle and West Ham although they’ll be competing for sure. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â