Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think they’re quite different… he’s much stronger and more physical. Doesn’t dive either 😂

Different styles imo, JG slows the play down too much while Morgan has that ferocity and drive.

Different players for sure - it's more the same feeling of "give this boy the ball and something magic might happen" - even if the magic is different.

2 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Different players for sure - it's more the same feeling of "give this boy the ball and something magic might happen" - even if the magic is different.

Gotcha 👍

Even reminds me a tiny bit of R9, how he’s completely unbothered by players and brushes them off so easily 😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nicolo Schira isn't a real journalist, has posted loads about us that never comes to fruition

Isn’t he on the blacklist?

Edited by Jas10

As shit as this sounds, just like how Mings injury discarded the sentiment and man management area allowing Pau a free run to be the starter.

Matty's injury may allow us the same with regards to Geertuida or whoever they choose.

Sometimes you end up a better team via default of scenarios like this 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Cash out for a month? We must surely grab this Geertruida guy now surely! 

Apparently he is signing a new deal at Feyenoord this week

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As shit as this sounds, just like how Mings injury discarded the sentiment and man management area allowing Pau a free run to be the starter.

Matty's injury may allow us the same with regards to Geertuida or whoever they choose.

Sometimes you end up a better team via default of scenarios like this 

It’s Kosta’s shirt to lose by the looks of it 

If Gerrtruida is off the table, then the easy option is to go to Chelsea and see what they have on loan? Either  Chalobah for RB or Disasi as CB on loan would help the back line out. 

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Kayode linked with Brentford on loan with obligation. We’d be mad not to enter based on those terms. 

He has potential but he isnt first choice at Fiorentina this season as Dodo will be

I think until we remove certain players from the balance sheet/wage bill then we're going to be patient to fill the perceived gaps we have in the squad.

Olsen, Hause, Dendoncker, Coutinho and Carlos are all a big drain on resources and PSR headroom.

Not sure when the last 3 contracts are up, but Hause and Olsen contracts are expiring next summer.

If we cannot get Geertruida, then Chalobah would be my choice. He is 6'4", versatile playing both CB, RB, has a bit of pace, is a good age. Etc.

Im not 100% comfortable with the fact that we might have to go for a backup option, as I believe Geertruida was first choice, but sometimes we just have to move onto other targets.

Edited by Andy_10
Spelling.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I have to be honest… I don’t feel hugely confident about the squad and how it will manage in Champions League as it is…

I’m usually positive and excited… but I don’t think we were impressive in Europe last season against lesser opposition and squeezed through a few games…

Unai will get us going and surprising everyone but I can’t shake the feeling that we need a bit more quality to help us out…

Sorry to go off topic, but I would suggest that a lot of the performances last season were the way they were due to attempts to save energy for the league campaign.

I honestly believe that we could’ve won the UECL if we’d gone all in for it, but we were in a league position that was far too good to throw away.

It will be interesting to see how the squad will deal with the amount of difficult games, surely we will see a bit of squad rotation in the PL matches either side of the CL ties?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Sorry to go off topic, but I would suggest that a lot of the performances last season were the way they were due to attempts to save energy for the league campaign.

I honestly believe that we could’ve won the UECL if we’d gone all in for it, but we were in a league position that was far too good to throw away.

It will be interesting to see how the squad will deal with the amount of difficult games, surely we will see a bit of squad rotation in the PL matches either side of the CL ties?

I agree, the squad was too light and depleted. Hopefully, we’ve addressed that to a degree. At least we have numbers in midfield now and hopefully less of the shifting players into less familiar or not their optimum positions/roles.

I do wonder if we are a bit short on quality though… going from ECL to CL is a huge leap. Unai wants sustained CL football too so we want do really well in the league at the same time.

On the bright side, we have loads of potential in the squad. Younger players who will only keep getting better. We haven’t even seen the best of Maatsen and Onana yet, those are our two big summer signings.

I think we’re on topic because we’re talking about what we may lack or need to address, how or why we need to strengthen further.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â