Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cp33r2vjm2lo.amp

Sawiris told the Financial Times: "Some of the rules have actually resulted in cementing the status quo more than creating upward mobility and fluidity in the sport.

"The rules do not make sense and are not good for football."

"Managing a sports team has become more like being a treasurer or a bean counter rather than looking at what your team needs," Sawiris said.

"It's more about creating paper profits, not real profits. It becomes a financial game, not a sporting game."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

He will miss 2 games…

Konsa also an option. 

There’s no degree of urgency outside of those of you who desperately want a new RB and are desperately hoping Cash’s injury will finally pave the way for his replacement.

Well, seeing as the position was already our weakest, who wouldn't hope his recurring hamstring problem would act as an extra motivator to strengthen the position before the window shuts, particularly by signing an exciting player we've credibly been linked with? It seems like you're suggesting anyone with this position is somehow morally deficient and taking satisfaction with Cash's injury. 

If Ollie Watkins broke his leg in training today, at what point would it be an acceptable thought to want to seek a replacement in the transfer market? Should we not hope his injury would pave way for a replacement signing?

Does it depend on the severity of injury?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Well, seeing as the position was already our weakest, who wouldn't hope his recurring hamstring problem would act as an extra motivator to strengthen the position before the window shuts, particularly by signing an exciting player we've credibly been linked with? It seems like you're suggesting anyone with this position is somehow morally deficient and taking satisfaction with Cash's injury. 

If Ollie Watkins broke his leg in training today, at what point would it be an acceptable thought to want to seek a replacement in the transfer market? Should we not hope his injury would pave way for a replacement signing?

Does it depend on the severity of injury?

He doesn’t have recurring hamstring problems…? I have stated this, what, 3 times??

Regarding the bolded, yes I am - I don’t wish injury on any player let alone a Villa player. And I certainly don’t hope to immediately capitalise off the back of it.

Surely you’re not comparing missing 2 games to a player breaking their leg…

Dont think we should loan out Enzo tbh… we need to add something defensively for certain, attacking side I’m more content with, Rogers has silenced me with any slight doubts i had for him, he has been pure magic 🤝

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

YAY

That’s better, mainly because he’s not what we need. Add to that the financial/age factors. 
I’d logically take two Chelsea players, Chalobah and Carney (although would prefer Geertruida to Chalobah). Carney only in a good deal (5-7m) maximum. I think he’s the best Rogers backup/rotation. With him, he can’t expect a starting place, yet can play different positions mainly Rogers one. I know many fans would be against but to be honest I don’t mind. We need to get used to things like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

He doesn’t have recurring hamstring problems…? I have stated this, what, 3 times??

I don’t know why you keep stating it as this is his 3rd hamstring injury in as many years. He’s also had calf problems a couple of times and other injuries. I think he’s quite injury prone to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Regarding the bolded, yes I am - I don’t wish injury on any player let alone a Villa player. And I certainly don’t hope to immediately capitalise off the back of it.

Surely you’re not comparing missing 2 games to a player breaking their leg…

• My mistake then, but he is dealing with an injury, and the one true RB left is 18 years old. There's no guarantee Cash will be in tip top shape for our first Champions League match in three weeks. So that leaves 18-year-old Ned, or we weaken our central pairing and pull Konsa over to RB. A recovering Cash, or an inexperienced Ned, or Konsa out of his strongest position lining up against Real Madrid should give every Villa fan severe anxiety.
  • Again, you seem to believe people are wishing injury on Cash, which is absurd. It seems you are not accurately interpreting what people are saying. And the "immediately capitalising on it" sentiment is a false narrative you seem intent on pushing in what comes across as an attempt to achieve some fantasy moral high ground. 
  • I'm making the injury severity comparison to try to understand your thinking. You seem to be saying that what appears to be a relatively minor injury to Cash shouldn't add any urgency to strengthening the position, even though the club have identified the position as a weak link. So my question is, what type of injury to a player makes finding his replacement quickly a morally appropriate process? And I assume you would you be the final arbiter?
  • I might understand your thinking better if the calendar read June 26 and not August 26. We have five days to strengthen the position and suggesting or even hoping that the unfortunately sub-optimal short-term fitness status of Matty Cash might lend an added degree of urgency to our pursuit of Geertruida or another RB seems reasonable to me. You seem determined to impose some morality judgement against this line of thinking, as is your right, if that's how you feel. My conscience is clear, so UP THE VILLA

35 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont think we should loan out Enzo tbh… we need to add something defensively for certain, attacking side I’m more content with, Rogers has silenced me with any slight doubts i had for him, he has been pure magic 🤝

Rogers throwing his hat in the ring for breakout PL player of the season here. Early doors, but whenever he gets the ball he reminds me so much of Gresford - free kick, penalty, assist, goal: something magic is going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cash is out for a month 😬

Misses 3 matches at least, according to Tanswell.

Need to strengthen and sort out the defence. No clarity on the Carlos situation.

23 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know why you keep stating it as this is his 3rd hamstring injury in as many years. He’s also had calf problems a couple of times and other injuries. I think he’s quite injury prone to be honest. 

Yeah he’s had hamstring injuries every season hasn’t he? 

5 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Rogers throwing his hat in the ring for breakout PL player of the season here. Early doors, but whenever he gets the ball he reminds me so much of Gresford - free kick, penalty, assist, goal: something magic is going to happen.

I think they’re quite different… he’s much stronger and more physical. Doesn’t dive either 😂

Different styles imo, JG slows the play down too much while Morgan has that ferocity and drive.

I have to be honest… I don’t feel hugely confident about the squad and how it will manage in Champions League as it is…

I’m usually positive and excited… but I don’t think we were impressive in Europe last season against lesser opposition and squeezed through a few games…

Unai will get us going and surprising everyone but I can’t shake the feeling that we need a bit more quality to help us out…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Barrenechea to Lazio on loan and Matheus Nunes loaned in from City 🤷🏻 think they’ll be some creativity this week with loans in / out 

Nicolo Schira isn't a real journalist, has posted loads about us that never comes to fruition

We have a really good 11 but I think the drop off is quite significant in certain areas/positions if we get injuries…

And maybe one or two could be replaced/upgraded and become rotational options or be given some healthy competition…

I still worry if we lose an important player, Saturday gave me at least a couple of reminders of that.

On the other hand, it’s really early days and not many players are in their groove. I do expect a lot of improvement from many of them.. we’re yet to see what our true potential is, might take a while.

I think we went toe to toe (loving that, being the norm) with Arsenal and, arguably, they got away with one there… we had the chances. 

We seemed to lose a lot when the likes of Onana and McGinn went off.

Maatsen starting regularly will help us a lot aswell, I believe.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nicolo Schira isn't a real journalist, has posted loads about us that never comes to fruition

Its came from an Italian newspaper

Townley has just reported the same, Cash will be missing for at least the next three PL games.

If we’re not gonna involve Carlos or he’s available for sale… we must sign a defender, a RB makes more sense since Unai spoke clearly about his preference for Konsa to play at CB.

I don’t thinks we should demand too much, too soon from young Kosta.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â