Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

14 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I don’t understand why people think this is an unreasonable discussion. That’s the nature of sport for you too.

Will miss 2 games…

Might be Chelsea’s strategy to sign cover for every player that might miss 2 games, but not sure it’s ours.

6 hours ago, WHY said:

Can’t be that bad he’s up town tonight with a few other players.

Can't be true. No dvbs allowed in town. Mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

Exactly. I'm pretty sure Monchi isn't taking today off out of respect for Matty Cash's injury situation. He'll be actively looking for his replacement.

Unless a new RB was always in the plans all along I don’t think we will be panic buying just because of one injury, if Unai doesn’t trust Kosta yet Ezri will move across and Carlos will start for him at CB.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Unless a new RB was always in the plans all along I don’t think we will be panic buying just because of one injury, if Unai doesn’t trust Kosta yet Ezri will move across and Carlos will start for him at CB.

If Konsa and say Cash or Carlos get injured at the same time then we are down to bare ones. Personally I believe Bogarde can do a job but it is a big risk.

22 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

As soon we lost I knew their names would pop up saying we need doug we haven't replaced diarby. need to let it go. 

we didn't lose yesterday because we didn't have them...we couldn't put chances away!!!

We do need a better RB and that no 10 who can keep things moving. Smith Rowe for fulham looked good yesterday. I'm supprised unai didn't go for him.

Gibbs White has been mentioned...I like him...but I think we have Rogers...similar player.

A Maddison type would fit great in the middle but who....I dont know 

I might be wrong, but I think we have enough creators in JJ, Rogers, Tielemans, Buendia.....If you look at his assists, Ollie does a bit of Creating too....However, I think Sterling will come in.

The problem right now is, Ollie is so far off it, He is not even moving around, like he did....somethings up, but I don't know what.

The RB is so important to get right, and the trend seems to be, looking at Arsenal and City is to play almost 4 CBs across the backline.....so maybe 2 attacking full backs, like we have is too much, leaving us light.

Califiori, White, Saliba, and Gabriel are all capable CB's......maybe with our Full backs we are too light.

I don’t think we are done yet. Obviously just a hunch but I really do think that Unai wants 2 more players, a right sided defender and an advanced central midfielder. I suspect we are playing a waiting game to see if the price for our targets reduces as we approach the end of the window.

I think we will sign Lo Celso/Muci and Geertruida before the end of the week. If we do, I think we are really well set for the season ahead. Even if we don’t, we are in pretty good shape but I just feel as though something is going to happen.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how the week plays out. Going off of the first two games I think we're looking good as is and it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was no more business, but I'm bordering on worried about the numbers defensively so think that does kind of need to be addressed, while a kind of game-changing creative type in the final third is in the "nice to have" category for me as I think it's a profile that's somewhat missing but at the same time there's loads of numbers in that area of the pitch. Someone like Baena would be amazing but I can't see it happening given the circumstances, Buendia is the closest kind of player to that so maybe he can be the answer, but there's understandably a lot up in the with him post-injury. 

Doesn't have to be Geertruida but someone like him would be ideal given he can predominantly play RB but also cover CB. I like Cash and think he still has a lot to offer over the season, but he's just one of the more upgradable parts of the starting eleven and there's better fits to the system out there than him. Nedeljkovic looks a great prospect but he has time on his hands and can get chances in the cup competitions, just think it's a lot to ask right now to have him playing important minutes for a side that is in the Champions League and aspiring to qualify for it again. Additionally elsewhere in the backline Mings is still out and they're evidently open to Carlos leaving, not sure it says much for his future prospects at the club that they didn't bring him on for Cash at the weekend either. Given all that it just feels necessary to get another body in.

• Like 1

Last week of the window, my wishes would be Baena and Geertruida in for now. Sign Sverre Nypan and loan him back to Rosenborg for a season.

If Carlos were to leave I like Chalobah to come in aswell.

All these things seems a bit farfetched though...

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Konsa and say Cash or Carlos get injured at the same time then we are down to bare ones. Personally I believe Bogarde can do a job but it is a big risk.

I still believe it’s one in one out so Bogarde may need to step up if we get hit with injuries.

21 hours ago, maqroll said:

We are down to one true right back who is 18 years old. With less than a week before the transfer window closes, there is clearly a high degree of urgency now to sign a new right back. Matty Cash's injury=We really need to sign Geertruida seems a perfectly reasonable observation to make in the transfer window thread, seeing as it's precisely the same equation Monchi is contending with at this very minute. 

The other problem is another RB alternative is Konsa but we're one player down on the options we had at CB last season so if we shift him across to RB and then Pau goes down later on in a match and needs to be replaced we really don't have anyone else in that area.

Saturday said it all. Konsa will play pretty much all this season as RCB unless it's an emergency. Cash looks like he'll be out for a month judging from his reaction so it's not unreasonable at all to be going into our first CL fixture wanting more than just an 18 year old kid in that position no matter how promising he is.

26 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I still believe it’s one in one out so Bogarde may need to step up if we get hit with injuries.

I know he's signed a new deal but is he genuinely ready?

World of difference between looking o.k in pre season and then the real stuff.

All he's had is loan spells to Bristol Rovers who are mid table in league 1. I mentioned Branthwaite in the Everton thread, he had loans to Blackburn and PSV before getting a chance at Everton and they're nowhere near our level currently.

Wonder if there's been any mention of Bogarde going to Feyenoord on year's loan as part of a potential Geertruida deal?

Need two quality reinforcements rb and quality midfielder striker. Still maintain that yes there is more depth , but we have less quality.

Edited by ozvilla28

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I might be wrong, but I think we have enough creators in JJ, Rogers, Tielemans, Buendia.....If you look at his assists, Ollie does a bit of Creating too....However, I think Sterling will come in.

The problem right now is, Ollie is so far off it, He is not even moving around, like he did....somethings up, but I don't know what.

The RB is so important to get right, and the trend seems to be, looking at Arsenal and City is to play almost 4 CBs across the backline.....so maybe 2 attacking full backs, like we have is too much, leaving us light.

Califiori, White, Saliba, and Gabriel are all capable CB's......maybe with our Full backs we are too light.

Interesting take on Watkins. He couid be carrying a knock but then he wouldn't be starting games if that was an issue. So I just think it's mental. None of the England players are performing great. All the emotions surrounding the Euros. The goal in the semi and the non stop questions about it his head may not be I'm the right place. I'm sure he will ge5 his focus back soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t think we are done yet. Obviously just a hunch but I really do think that Unai wants 2 more players, a right sided defender and an advanced central midfielder. I suspect we are playing a waiting game to see if the price for our targets reduces as we approach the end of the window.

I think we will sign Lo Celso/Muci and Geertruida before the end of the week. If we do, I think we are really well set for the season ahead. Even if we don’t, we are in pretty good shape but I just feel as though something is going to happen.

I was telling to me what he said in his post match,

I've never seen him hint at needing more like that before

" It will teach us many thing etc... how we go in transfer market etc"

What I took from it is that, him and owners know where they want to compete, and that match will have helped show the fine margins missing between VERY GOOD and elite.

• Like 1

Ollie’s been carrying a knee injury, discussed it in the recent club interview. It’s why he missed the Dortmund friendly.

As long as Duran stays, I think we’re fine upfront and the goals will flow soon.

Defence must be the priority… adding a bit more creativity or attacking spark would be a nice bonus.

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Yeah as I already covered, if it’s a tendon but it ain’t a tendon.

Based on the fact he walked off and was out on the eve its probably not.  However until the medical assessment is complete we won't know.  

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was telling to me what he said in his post match,

I've never seen him hint at needing more like that before

" It will teach us many thing etc... how we go in transfer market etc"

What I took from it is that, him and owners know where they want to compete, and that match will have helped show the fine margins missing between VERY GOOD and elite.

Again, gonna have to repeat myself - Nassef’s frustrations were clear in his comments and Vidagany backed them up in his recent interview. We are being held back by the rules and would have loved to do more… 

It is what it is, we’ve managed it well tbf and have more options in the squad. One or two additions would be great but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t manage it… 

January window will be too late to help/affect us in CL right? Unless we’ve done really well…

I’d rather we spend what we can now rather than reserve anything…

We’ve got quite a few out now, even if they are loans. Iling-Jr being the latest… so I’m not sure about this rumoured “one in, one out” policy…

Donk and possibly Carlos to go… it’s gonna be an interesting week anyway, and maybe even an active deadline day. Monchi said he won’t stop until it’s over.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â