Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

51 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I just don’t think it’s appropriate to throw out a Villa players replacement as soon as he goes down with an injury

We are down to one true right back who is 18 years old. With less than a week before the transfer window closes, there is clearly a high degree of urgency now to sign a new right back. Matty Cash's injury=We really need to sign Geertruida seems a perfectly reasonable observation to make in the transfer window thread, seeing as it's precisely the same equation Monchi is contending with at this very minute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We are down to one true right back who is 18 years old. With less than a week before the transfer window closes, there is clearly a high degree of urgency now to sign a new right back. Matty Cash's injury=We really need to sign Geertruida seems a perfectly reasonable observation to make in the transfer window thread, seeing as it's precisely the same equation Monchi is contending with at this very minute. 

Yeah I don’t understand why people think this is an unreasonable discussion. That’s the nature of sport for you too.

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

All depends on if we can afford to or not. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

All depends on if we can afford to or not. 

Our net spend is close to zero, be amazed if we don't have any room to get new players in.

Edited by AndyM3000

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I don’t understand why people think this is an unreasonable discussion. That’s the nature of sport for you too.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure Monchi isn't taking today off out of respect for Matty Cash's injury situation. He'll be actively looking for his replacement.

• Thanks 1

Going on ydays game, I think 50+ games for Bailey would be too much. I like Jaden, but not sure he is at that level yet.

I wouldn't be against signing Sterling for that reason, or try and get someone like Semenyo from Bmouth

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Going on ydays game, I think 50+ games for Bailey would be too much. I like Jaden, but not sure he is at that level yet.

I wouldn't be against signing Sterling for that reason, or try and get someone like Semenyo from Bmouth

Semenyo would be excellent. Very direct and can shoot with both feet.  Doubt we've got the cash for that though

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Semenyo would be excellent. Very direct and can shoot with both feet.  Doubt we've got the cash for that though

Yeah liked Semenyo from our match against them last season.

He's a menace.

• Like 2

If there was any truth to the Felix links and I’ll work on the assumption there was, we must have a chunk of money to throw at a signing that doesn’t have to be in the same position as Felix (ie Geertruider). 

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If there was any truth to the Felix links and I’ll work on the assumption there was, we must have a chunk of money to throw at a signing that doesn’t have to be in the same position as Felix (ie Geertruider). 

Possibly. 

I think Lot of the rumours where we wanted him but couldn't afford him and that we made offers like a loan for 12 months with obligation to buy.

Also, maybe Unai wanted him soo much that Villa were willing to go into the negative in PSR where we'd have to make sales in early next summer to balance the year.

So it's possible that even if we were looking to buy Felix, we may not really have cash available for other players (without PSR risk or needing loan to buy)

I have no idea though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It sounds highly likely we were after both players. Not one or the other. We should still be pushing to sign two players for these positions in my opinion. I think we lack some quality at the moment. We are too reliant on Emery getting the tactics right every game. 

28 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Surely this depends on the level of injury, can be months if it's a bad tear 

Can’t be that bad he’s up town tonight with a few other players.

23 minutes ago, WHY said:

Can’t be that bad he’s up town tonight with a few other players.

Where do the players head these days? I remember Carew at the rocket club and I think something happened with Richard dunne and James Collins outside gatecrasher on broad st

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Where do the players head these days? I remember Carew at the rocket club and I think something happened with Richard dunne and James Collins outside gatecrasher on broad st

Fumo

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

He will miss 2 games…

Konsa also an option. 

There’s no degree of urgency outside of those of you who desperately want a new RB and are desperately hoping Cash’s injury will finally pave the way for his replacement.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â