Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I thought Philogene was a RW backup option for Bailey?

Either way, I agree that we need another attacking option down that side or through the middle. We won’t get him, but I thought Kudus was excellent against us last weekend.

Yeah exactly that. Philogene is the backup RW, he can play either side but a fair chunk of his highlights came from the right last season.

Imo we do have an issue where Philogene and Kosta will.both be due some good minutes this season, but trusting them both together will be very difficult. 

Also Buendia was primarily a RW when we signed him, and had very good defensive stats. He's getting up to match fitness too after a long time off.

Really hinges on whether Unai trusts Buendia and Philogene in the medium term. A myriad of small reasons not to bring them on yesterday, but if Unai has a larger issue with them to not take Bailey off who was struggling, we should look to bring in somebody like Diaby who Unai will more readily bring on in those situations.

Seeing 3 players go down early in the first half scared the shit out of me a bit, flashbacks to last season.  Suddenly we looked a little exposed at right back and a back up for Bailey so I'm hoping we definitely get two players in.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jigen said:

You lack a top creative midfielder to play alongside Onana: a true replacement for Douglas. 

You said Man Utd are a level above so your opinion is now mute and worth nothing. I can accept it from other Villa fans but you are chatting absolute sh|t my dude. 

No clue.

• Like 1

Looking at the squads from the first two games I assume we are trying to shift Carlos but Unai is keeping him involved in case we can’t move him on. I assume if we can get rid we will replace him. 

I assume we will get rid of Dendonker as Enzo isn’t making the squads but is ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I think we are hoping for 2 out and maybe two in. A replacement for Carlos and maybe a loan to cover Diaby. 

2 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I know we lost and all but f_ck we are good. An icing on the cake signing would be nice but I for one am not worried.

Yeah we look to be playing well and I am seeing a lot that I'm liking. Especially Onana / Tielemans combination and Rogers 

• Like 1

Should be a busy week, looking forward to seeing what we manage to get done: players out and in.

We’ve looked strong in both games, stood up to and rattled Arsenal and should’ve been a couple of goals in front… that rust will soon be worked off.

I think most of us felt the concern when players got or seemed to get injured… it can be a major disruption. We could do with a little more quality…

A couple of key additions and we will be formidable 💪

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Subtext: we are cooking something. 

I hope… few more sales, maybe a loan or two if we can’t sort permanent moves.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up but I have a dream… I really think we will be hard to stop if we get Gerty and Baena in…

If Carlos goes, I wonder if we get a CB in… even on loan.

Cash unlikely to go since he’s injured?

I mainly want the Donk gone…

As soon we lost I knew their names would pop up saying we need doug we haven't replaced diarby. need to let it go. 

we didn't lose yesterday because we didn't have them...we couldn't put chances away!!!

We do need a better RB and that no 10 who can keep things moving. Smith Rowe for fulham looked good yesterday. I'm supprised unai didn't go for him.

Gibbs White has been mentioned...I like him...but I think we have Rogers...similar player.

A Maddison type would fit great in the middle but who....I dont know 

45 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I know we lost and all but f_ck we are good. An icing on the cake signing would be nice but I for one am not worried.

Broken record here but I still want a Geertruida type at least.

• Like 3

Would think Carlos not being involved so far suggests he could be on the move or at least available… seemed the more obvious change yesterday, rather than bringing Kosta on.

There have been rumours of a falling out but I have no idea on that.

If he’s not considered a key player, we need to shift him considering his age and wages. 2 years left.

Any takers? 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Broken record here but I still want a Geertruida type at least.

Keep repeating myself too but him and Baena would make us a proper CL team, dangerous and formidable imo.

It’s the calibre we need to kick us on a bit further… just don’t know if our budget allows… maybe yesterday’s defeat has affected our thinking or approach or slightly “knocked the confidence” in what we have.

Injury to Cash and Bailey seemingly being hurt (then, fortunately, recovering) again exposed how we can be affected and how we’re a bit light when these things occur… there is a drop off. Leon is hugely important to us.

We do have options but maybe not for every position. We need more than 11 quality players, what if Rogers gets injured? He can’t be the only guy there and it’s a lot to expect younger players to be consistent and meet the demands over all games, the entirety of the season. Rest and rotation is needed… competition is good too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Luiz and Diaby wouldn't have scored those goals for Watkins yesterday. The defeat is nothing to do with losing those two.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Keep repeating myself too but him and Baena would make us a proper CL team, dangerous and formidable imo.

If we don't make any more signings we still probably have better squad than any CL team Emery has previously managed

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we don't make any more signings we still probably have better squad than any CL team Emery has previously managed

Better than PSG? 😯 

I’m happy with the squad, we are looking good. But a couple of key additions just makes us stronger and comments from Monchi and Unai indicate that we’re gonna be active and at least on the lookout until deadline day has passed. Sales and loans out will play a part too…

It’s a long season and we are taking a big step… got to be better in Europe than we were last season.

Will be good once the window has closed tbh, just focus on the team and games. Cannot wait for CL football!! 😮 

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I’m not sure any of our players are better than Mbappe and prime Neymar!!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

PSG 2017 squad with Mbappe, Neyamr & Cavani, Di Maria, Veratti, Dani Alves says Hi 👋😂… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â