Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Really think we’ll have missed a chance if we fail to buy Geertruida and Baena. This might be our only chance at the CL and it looks like our net spend will only be about £30m.

I suppose it’s the result of FFP/PSR and Gerrard/ Purslow giving crazy wages to Carlos and Dendonker etc being the reason we can’t move them on.Replace them players with the above mentioned and we could be confident of top four again.

These are the type of players still needed at the Villa to make it a complete transfer window. Wouldn’t need anyone in January either if there are no serious injuries. 

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hope so! I can't see them being Top 4 either, I agree. But I don't think it's right to say they've not strengthened.

We had a crap pre season too, can't mean nothing for us but mean disaster for Utd (though I take the point that the manager lashing out is very different)

We didn't have a crap pre season. We lost some games to teams in mid season at peak fitness and the champions league finalists, all without our core spine and lots of new and young players being integrated into the squad. Our preseason was as good for the squad as it could have been after a summer with three big summer international tournaments in it. Also, we never played badly in preseason. Just some individual mistakes. Preseason success isn't measured by results. Cheer up! Man Utd had a bad preseason because of the lack of harmony in their camp, not because they lost some games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

We didn't have a crap pre season. We lost some games to teams in mid season at peak fitness and the champions league finalists, all without our core spine and lots of new and young players being integrated into the squad. Our preseason was as good for the squad as it could have been after a summer with three big summer international tournaments in it. Also, we never played badly in preseason. Just some individual mistakes. Preseason success isn't measured by results. Cheer up! Man Utd had a bad preseason because of the lack of harmony in their camp, not because they lost some games.

This is first time I've cared not a jot about pre season results because Emery

• Like 2

The two biggest signings were Dibu and Unai’s new deals. I think we have a stronger overall squad and some rotation options. It’s not a guarantee but given what we achieved with that thin squad and injuries, there’s no reason as to why we can’t be competitive again. I have never felt more confident about us regardless because Unai will keep driving us to be better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well we will Know full well how much Baena’s release clause is and wages are. Think if it was gunna happen it will be completed pretty quickly. I’d chuck in Buendia or Carlos to sweeten the deal if it was me. 

Oh man… if only… if only we could have spent

80m on Maguire

40m on Van De Beek

60m on Mount

70m on Casemiro

72m on Sancho 

Lose Pogba for free, sign him for £89m then lose him for free again!!

75m on Lukaku

85m on Antony

if only we paid shite players 300 to 350k p w!

if only… if only WE WERE ON THEIR LEVEL

😂😂😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is first time I've cared not a jot about pre season results because Emery

Never cared about pre-season results.

Always cared about the performances.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

80m on Maguire

40m on Van De Beek

60m on Mount

70m on Casemiro

72m on Sancho 

75m on Lukaku

85m on Antony

😂😂😂

It is actually staggering how many times they have got it so wildly wrong

Also insane to think that Maguire has probably offered the best value for money out of all those listed lol

8 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

It is actually staggering how many times they have got it so wildly wrong

Also insane to think that Maguire has probably offered the best value for money out of all those listed lol

It’s hilarious… I needed a good laugh today 😂

“a level above”

spacer.png

We finished 4th and got CL with a minuscule spend in comparison…

They finished…. 8th!

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We've averaged 4th since Emery took over and got 4th last season with key players out for bulk of the season. Plop have new manager and haven't strengthened. Manure haven't either. Spurs are still Spursy. Chelsea are a basket case. Don't be downbeat just because of decades of shitness

Still early days obviously, but when I watched the matches of the teams you mention I thought " This legit just looks like a continuation of last season "

And in our case I thought ' This looks like an even more refined, mature and confident version of us when we play well "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well we will Know full well how much Baena’s release clause is and wages are. Think if it was gunna happen it will be completed pretty quickly. I’d chuck in Buendia or Carlos to sweeten the deal if it was me. 

Have we even been properly linked to Baena? Or is just a name that people that latched onto?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

80m on Maguire

40m on Van De Beek

60m on Mount

70m on Casemiro

72m on Sancho 

75m on Lukaku

85m on Antony

😂😂😂

Easily the worst managed club of the last decade

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m in total shock, especially given how much better their transfer window has been compared to ours. 🤔

Ten Hag will turn it around any day now 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jigen said:

Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd are a level above. 

Then the level is similar: Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Tottenham, Chelsea for one or two CL spots. 

If you don't buy big (and smart) next week I don't see you in the next CL. 

This a joke or are you a Man U fan?

• Like 1

More Baseless Speculation Saturday Plane Updates that probably means nothing at all...

Private Jet we've used earlier this summer is flying from Birmingham to Barcelona tonight.

5 minutes ago, Wes said:

More Baseless Speculation Saturday Plane Updates that probably means nothing at all...

Private Jet we've used earlier this summer is flying from Birmingham to Barcelona tonight.

Wolves loaning Ansu Fati? But I imagine he's injured as per usual.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â