Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Whilst i agree with this it also has to be considered an opportunity to get some good players for reduced figures if they become desperate. 

I'd love them to get stuck with the deadwood.

Even if it meant them signing Osimhen as a result?

It was reported by legitimate sources earlier in the window that Villa and Chelsea get on well at board level, I don't really get this "don't help them" thing when someone just suggests one of their players when it's probably a bit late for that kind of sentiment. 

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What is the worst punishment they could get? Relegations? Forced to release players? Then a scramble to pick them up on frees 😆

Repeat offenders.

What is realistic?

For the historic Abramovic stuff, journalists are estimating an 8-10 point deduction around xmas.

I imagine if the fail PSR again it would then be further points

6 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

For the historic Abramovic stuff, journalists are estimating an 8-10 point deduction around xmas.

Well that would be a big shame!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Considering they’ve already had a transfer ban, next punishment should be much more severe. Learned nothing and only gotten worse… should be some sort of rule/limit about how many players a club can carry… not sure the PFA will be happy with players and their careers being left in limbo either. It’s madness, they have a whole bunch of senior players discarded or training separately to the ones that are being selected or approved of, most on decent/big wages too.

Transfer ban was under old ownership though, may be they aren't double punished for what the Oligarch was doing

I may be massively misremembering here, but I think we got a bit of a reprieve when NSWE bought the club on a couple bits when in the Championship, (maybe the Tax stuff and some FFP bits?), but again maybe I'm misremembering, it feels like a lifetime ago.

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We've averaged 4th since Emery took over and got 4th last season with key players out for bulk of the season. Plop have new manager and haven't strengthened. Manure haven't either. Spurs are still Spursy. Chelsea are a basket case. Don't be downbeat just because of decades of shitness

Man U have definitely strengthened. Mazraoui, De Ligt, Ugarte, Yoro and Zirkzee is a very decent window. It may not be world beaters but they've certainly strengthened.

Their sales haven't been hugely important to them either: Wan-Bissaka, Van De Beek, Greenwood, Martial, Amrabat. Maybe Varane? McTominay will be the most useful player they sell and this forum would have been in uproar had we signed him.

They're definitely stronger. But hopefully the circus continues.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't be downbeat just because of decades of shitness

It's tough to believe. I've seen the remi garde, David o Leary, Alex mcleish era's. I've seen the cabbage fly at steve Bruce's head. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Man U have definitely strengthened. Mazraoui, De Ligt, Ugarte, Yoro and Zirkzee is a very decent window. It may not be world beaters but they've certainly strengthened.

Their sales haven't been hugely important to them either: Wan-Bissaka, Van De Beek, Greenwood, Martial, Amrabat. Maybe Varane? McTominay will be the most useful player they sell and this forum would have been in uproar had we signed him.

Yoro is out injured still plus he’s only 18. You had Ten Hag bashing his own players for their crap pre-season. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. They won’t be near it. 

Spurs haven’t improved their defensive issues either. 

Chelsea won’t be getting as many penalties for Palmer to bail them out. 

We will be as competitive again this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

If they expected to also receive a multi year transfer ban, for example, the player stockpiling would make more sense

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yoro is out injured still plus he’s only 18. You had Ten Hag bashing his own players for their crap pre-season. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. They won’t be near it. 

Spurs haven’t improved their defensive issues either. 

Chelsea won’t be getting as many penalties for Palmer to bail them out. 

We will be as competitive again this season. 

Hope so! I can't see them being Top 4 either, I agree. But I don't think it's right to say they've not strengthened.

We had a crap pre season too, can't mean nothing for us but mean disaster for Utd (though I take the point that the manager lashing out is very different)

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

They're probably the signings they needed to make to be honest, but they're not title winning signings by any stretch of the imagination. Their squad doesn't suddenly loom like it can handle Ten Haag's tactics though - so as you say hopefully the circus will continue. It looked like it certainly could against Fulham.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hope so! I can't see them being Top 4 either, I agree. But I don't think it's right to say they've not strengthened.

We had a crap pre season too, can't mean nothing for us but mean disaster for Utd (though I take the point that the manager lashing out is very different)

You’re right too in so far as they’ve made some smart signings, but when you’re lumbered with high earners like Rashford and others, it’s hard to predict how it will blend. I still think they will defensively be suspect. However, we really desperately need to not capitulate against them this season. We can get points off them. They are just very difficult to predict which version of them will turn up. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd are a level above. 

Then the level is similar: Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Tottenham, Chelsea for one or two CL spots. 

If you don't buy big (and smart) next week I don't see you in the next CL. 

Edited by jigen
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jigen said:

Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd are a level above. 

Then the level is similar: Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Tottenham, Chelsea for one or two CL spots. 

If you don't buy big (and smart) next week I don't see you in the next CL. 

Man U are a level above no one in the Premiership atm!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â