Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kind of sad to hear him say that but I guess the players are just being realistic… a shame we can’t strengthen as much or spend as much as we would like… especially when we are so well run and have zero debt… unlike other clubs.

Sure - but I’m kind of fed up of this pauper shit. We’ve spent an absolute **** ton since being promoted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sure - but I’m kind of fed up of this pauper shit. We’ve spent an absolute **** ton since being promoted. 

We’ve generated a lot through sales too…

you have to spend if you want to get anywhere really. Even just to survive in the league!

Our net spend doesn’t compare to the teams finishing above us. They don’t have to lose integral or important players without being able to spend freely and can replace them with as good, if not better.

We don’t have that luxury or freedom.

36 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can rule out another loan move for this guy:

Saw it and was thinking the poor sod must be tired of doing on loan.

Some players just need a home to settle and get the best out.

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

How many more outs to get someone in do we think? 

Not long left now… if anyone is leaving, that we would need to replace, I hope we have deals lined up rather than having to rush or scramble for replacements…

I can see Carlos and Duran (hope so) staying now… seems unlikely that Cash would go too. Thing is, even if we get clubs coming in for players with only a few days left… can we get proper replacements/upgrades in, in time?

I’d like to think we have deals in the pipeline and are waiting for the dominoes to fall but… 🤷‍♂️

No one really knows or can predict anything… not quite sure how the “one in, one out” policy is going to apply, does it refer to first team players like Carlos and Cash rather than “surplus” such as Moreno (who’s now gone on loan) and Dendoncker?

Just gonna have to see, I’m trying to be content with what we have or how we are but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t wishing for a quality addition or two… especially in defence.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw it and was thinking the poor sod must be tired of doing on loan.

Some players just need a home to settle and get the best out.

The problem is, idiot clubs like Barca (gotta be the worst for it) put players (not even top quality or outstanding ones) on massive contracts and then later struggle to offload them and the player is left in… limbo? 

Not to the same extent, but we’ve seen the same sort of thing at Villa for so long (hoping we are past all that now)… we can’t shift Dendoncker and Coutinho for the same reasons, and they’re worse and less useful than someone like Lenglet. It’s a good job Digne has been performing otherwise… 😬

It’s why many of us don’t want DOBs and past it overpaid players or prima donnas… no more burdens. It holds you back so badly… and taking them from the big or competing clubs keeps you down or inferior… it’s such a crap way of doing things.

The young, high potential approach is exciting and promising…

we have enough experience with our senior players… starting with a World Cup winning and x2 Copa America champion!! 😆

Edited by Jas10

57 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Also suggesting, just as Vidagany did, that we did not want to lose certain players… but had to, to satisfy PSR and SCR. Frustrating.

I think its clear we wanted to keep Luiz but we had to sell someone and he was wanted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I think its clear we wanted to keep Luiz but we had to sell someone and he was wanted. 

As do I… probably Diaby too.

Younger players with the capacity to improve and offer even more.

No DOBs please 🙏 

That would be depressing.

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The problem is, idiot clubs like Barca (gotta be the worst for it) put players (not even top quality or outstanding ones) on massive contracts and then later struggle to offload them and the player is left in… limbo? 

Not to the same extent, but we’ve seen the same sort of thing at Villa for so long (hoping we are past all that now)… we can’t shift Dendoncker and Coutinho for the same reasons, and they’re worse and less useful than someone like Lenglet. It’s a good job Digne has been performing otherwise… 😬

It’s why many of us don’t want DOBs and past it overpaid players or prima donnas… no more burdens. It holds you back so badly… and taking them from the big or competing clubs keeps you down or inferior… it’s such a crap way of doing things.

The young, high potential approach is exciting and promising…

we have enough experience with our senior players… starting with a World Cup winning and x2 Copa America champion!! 😆

AHH... So where Boehly gets his inspiration from then...

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

AHH... So where Boehly gets his inspiration from then...

I think they do things a little differently… I’m tempted to just call Barca daft or stupid, reckless? Chelsea are more crafty and there is a whiff of dodginess… iirc, they don’t actually pay crazy high wages to too many players and deliberately stick players or new signings on long contracts as a way of getting around the financial rules… I can’t recall all of the details now, but there was a lot of info about it not long ago. Boehly has links with PIF or Saudis too… seem to have a lot of power and influence over PL and clubs here… 

Crazy how many players they have collected and they have become a bit of a laughing stock…they are such an embarrassment and mess.

I really hope City are made an example of and Chelsea get punished and sanctioned quite severely. They have such little regard for the rules and have already broken them and been issued with a transfer embargo (when Lampard was there the first time) before… repeat offenders cannot be allowed.

It’s just frustrating for the rest… so many hurdles to overcome or contend with. Again, Nassef’s comments suggested a degree of frustration and Vidagany appeared to be too… we want to do more and genuinely compete at the top end.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just now, Colin79 said:

What’s DOB’s mate? Seen it a few times and can’t work it out. 

Dusty old ballers… old or past it players on big wages basically 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting comments from Emi (article/interview posted in his thread). First McGinn now Emi commenting on our restrictions:

Backing up what Nassef was saying and our frustrations with the rules and restrictions… we would do more, if we could or were allowed…

Also suggesting, just as Vidagany did, that we did not want to lose certain players… but had to, to satisfy PSR and SCR. Frustrating.

What worries me about this quote (and is possibly a little bit too forensic/ over analytical) is that Martinez is a "believer mate" which would lead me to conclude that he/ the team aren't as confident about this year if he jumps straight to 'nah'.

Clearly, he's not too worried as to want out/ not sign a new contract but it does point to the reality that this season could be a bigger step back than even our more pessimistic fans believe.

4 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

Thank you 🤣

Happy to help 😆

We have such a great group, I would hate for us to jeopardise or spoil it. Got to manage our finances and wage budget too… keeps everyone relatively happy.

With Unai, we’ve finally got a functioning, effective and entertaining TEAM. All in it together, rather than one man being the star of the show or carrying a massive ego. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

What worries me about this quote (and is possibly a little bit too forensic/ over analytical) is that Martinez is a "believer mate" which would lead me to conclude that he/ the team aren't as confident about this year if he jumps straight to 'nah'.

Clearly, he's not too worried as to want out/ not sign a new contract but it does point to the reality that this season could be a bigger step back than even our more pessimistic fans believe.

I suppose it’s easy to misinterpret or take out of context…

I mean, Unai was saying “we are not contenders” through the entirety of last season, that there were 7 teams ahead of us. But… look what we achieved… maybe it worked 😆

He’s still saying it now 😂

He’s always talked about being humble and hardworking too, Leon often repeats it aswell.

We don’t mind being (seen as) the underdogs or written off… we just get on with it. Don’t need to talk ourselves up, just do the work.

I think our real ambitions and intentions are kept behind closed doors… and long term deals for Unai and players like Emi, Ollie, Leon and a few others may be an indication of that. What Unai has managed to instil in such a short space of time is incredible…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â