Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, macandally said:

What happened to “Emery is god and if he wants player XX I want him to get what he wants”?

Bit of selective amnesia Jas or was that special man love just for Felix! 😂

I’ve no love for Felix… but I loved the idea of Unai getting his hands on such a talent and a player he wants and rates. That is all.

As for the “constant updates/posts”… it was mostly transfer updates and most of that was bull I guess.

Be nice to move on, going far off topic really…

Oh but people do love a pile on here don’t they? 😂

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure how this makes him a bad footballer but you do you. 

I’m sorry a bit of silly humour upset you… wasn’t indicative of much.

We can agree to disagree on the player 👍

If we’re gonna talk about former glories… why don’t we go n sign Jordan Henderson then? 😂 

Or bring Alan Shearer out of retirement?

And whoever else applie…

How has Sterling done at Chelsea? Has he not been a big part of their decline and struggles? Regardless of all else, the guys  is on maddeningly high wages that aren’t justified but the level of talent and performances of the player.

I don’t want us to help Chelsea and be subservient to them in any manner whatsoever… we are better.. let’s not help them out and allow them to keep spending recklessly…

Just my view, sorry if it differs to others but what can I do about it? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He played for 6 years under the most demanding coach in history but apparently he was lucky and was in the right place at the right time 😂😂

7 years at the team that created chances galore and dominated matches thanks to a midfield of De Bruyne, Rodri and co.

His stats tailed off the last 2 years there and that trend continued at Chelsea. I wouldn't have wanted him at his peak as he wouldn't have delivered anywhere near the stats he did for City at us. Now he's declining and we're improving, I definitely don't want him.

DOBs not welcome.

• Like 1

Not sure why people are squabbling over him. Or debating his previous achievements.

Sterling was a very good player, playing consistently as a starter in elite teams and contributing exceptional G+A numbers. That can't be disputed.

The reality is that in 2024, he's not the same player. City offloaded him and now Chelsea are trying to do the same.

Yes he can still offer some positives but we're in a squad and financial position where we can be selective on who we add - that'snot being like ATV, that'sus being realistic. In any other walk of life, if we saw something discarded by 2 competitors, we'd be wary of it too.

Whereas some seem to be seeing a sinking ship and are keen to hop on board 🫣

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If we’re gonna talk about former glories… why don’t we go n sign Jordan Henderson then? 😂 

Or bring Alan Shearer out of retirement?

And whoever else applie…

How has Sterling done at Chelsea? Has he not been a big part of their decline and struggles? Regardless of all else, the guys  is on maddeningly high wages that aren’t justified but the level of talent and performances of the player.

I don’t want us to help Chelsea and be subservient to them in any manner whatsoever… we are better.. let’s not help them out and allow them to keep spending recklessly…

Just my view, sorry if it differs to others but what can I do about it? 🤷‍♂️

Spot. On.

I admit I’ve never liked him as a player but yes if we were signing ‘prime Raheem Sterling’ from 5 years ago or earlier then I would struggle to argue against it.

BUT WE’RE NOT!

He’s not been a regular starter for a few years now and when he has played he’s put in some pretty shocking performances. Even Southgate realised it and he’s as stubborn towards his favourites as they come!

Would we sign Trippier from Newcastle? We need a right back and look at all he’s done in the game?  Dele Alli anyone?

Not all players last it out and decline in their mid thirties, Sterling is a busted flush and we shouldn’t get suckered into being the ones who give him another chance.

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Not sure why people are squabbling over him. Or debating his previous achievements.

Sterling was a very good player, playing consistently as a starter in elite teams and contributing exceptional G+A numbers. That can't be disputed.

The reality is that in 2024, he's not the same player. City offloaded him and now Chelsea are trying to do the same.

Yes he can still offer some positives but we're in a squad and financial position where we can be selective on who we add - that'snot being like ATV, that'sus being realistic. In any other walk of life, if we saw something discarded by 2 competitors, we'd be wary of it too.

Whereas some seem to be seeing a sinking ship and are keen to hop on board 🫣

Chelsea are trying to offload him, not necessarily because he’s a bad player, but because they’ve bought 100 **** players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Spot. On.

I admit I’ve never liked him as a player but yes if we were signing ‘prime Raheem Sterling’ from 5 years ago or earlier then I would struggle to argue against it.

BUT WE’RE NOT!

He’s not been a regular starter for a few years now and when he has played he’s put in some pretty shocking performances. Even Southgate realised it and he’s as stubborn towards his favourites as they come!

Would we sign Trippier from Newcastle? We need a right back and look at all he’s done in the game?  Dele Alli anyone?

Not all players last it out and decline in their mid thirties, Sterling is a busted flush and we shouldn’t get suckered into being the ones who give him another chance.

Unbelievably… someone actually suggested Trippier as a signing today…

🤦‍♂️

Delle Alli was even mentioned earlier on in the window… utterly mental 🤦‍♂️

In the main, our whole transfer strategy has been players on the way up or with potential to unlock, in the main… as well as grabbing a bargain where we can. Getting Youri on a free was brilliant, Barkley for a small fee - fine. We are having to manage our finances and wage budget… so a signing like this is a major departure all that. As is signing a selfish player…

With the exciting players we have, including the younger ones, why block them with an overpaid has been when some could turn out to better? And already are atm…

Some players have just had their day… I don’t want us to repeat the mistake of going for those again and being under a heavy financial burden… again.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea are trying to offload him, not necessarily because he’s a bad player, but because they’ve bought 100 **** players.

and because he has been an expensive flop for them

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and because he has been an expensive flop for them

Chelsea fans are absolutely DELIGHTED at the prospect of moving him on… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If we're determined to do a loan signing of an experienced left winger with diminishing skills... I'd rather get Zaha. 

We just don’t need another wide forward. Let’s move on. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo. Brighton have bought some exciting young players but we already have those. 

Todibo was a loan too so we didn't even need to spend any money on him until next summer. That's the one that baffles me the most because his profile fits us perfectly given his age and level of experience. 

Anderson doesn't start for us in a million years stop chatting sh**t to fit your whinging 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Chelsea fans are absolutely DELIGHTED at the prospect of moving him on… 

I think we should have learnt by now that this 'the fans are happy' carry on means absolutely nothing. 

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If Unai comes out and speaks in glowing terms about this guy, I’ll change my tune… until then… am I not entitled to have my own opinion and view? I’ve not jumped on or responded to anyone who has an opposing view…

I don’t know, none of us do, the reality of the situation… but, I suppose I’m assuming (as we all do, most of the time on here) he has been offered to us rather than a long time target or high priority. If I see something different, I’m react accordingly. I really don’t want us to help Chelsea out and take their overpaid rejects.

My hope that it is complete and utter bullshit or click bait… and I’ve outlined exactly why I’m against it a few times so can’t be arsed to repeat it all now. Can’t we have different views without being pounced on?

We’re on a forum, discussion, speculating, having a laugh… we can see things differently and have a laugh while we go about it… no?

Why do so many take other person’s opinion so personally or get angry that said person does not agree or covert to theirs?… 🤷‍♂️

Weak arguments or comparisons aren’t of much worth…

Don’t see any comparison between either player either… more differences than anything imo.

But, hey, I’m fully aware that people don’t let go of anything or move on here 😂

-

Post on poster is a regular occurrence here btw… and I suppose we’re all guilty of it from time to time.

I’ve apologised for being out of line or over emotional many times. If my view upsets or offends anyone, I’ll apologise again but I’m not about to change it anytime soon or for anyone tbf. 👍

You do realise he player under pep?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad deal. 

If Sterling comes it will be in the best interests of AVFC both on the playing and financial side of things. The days of Purslow/Coutinho are behind us.

Calm your t*ts lads.

37 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Jenas might be available…

I'll get the missus to text him and find out......

Update : he says he'll definitely come back if ;

a) if we've fixed the pitch sprinklers...

b) the missus gives his cock pic a like

Edited by Dillon66

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If Unai comes out and speaks in glowing terms about this guy, I’ll change my tune… until then… am I not entitled to have my own opinion and view? I’ve not jumped on or responded to anyone who has an opposing view…

I don’t know, none of us do, the reality of the situation… but, I suppose I’m assuming (as we all do, most of the time on here) he has been offered to us rather than a long time target or high priority. If I see something different, I’m react accordingly. I really don’t want us to help Chelsea out and take their overpaid rejects.

My hope that it is complete and utter bullshit or click bait… and I’ve outlined exactly why I’m against it a few times so can’t be arsed to repeat it all now. Can’t we have different views without being pounced on?

We’re on a forum, discussion, speculating, having a laugh… we can see things differently and have a laugh while we go about it… no?

Why do so many take other person’s opinion so personally or get angry that said person does not agree or covert to theirs?… 🤷‍♂️

Weak arguments or comparisons aren’t of much worth…

Don’t see any comparison between either player either… more differences than anything imo.

But, hey, I’m fully aware that people don’t let go of anything or move on here 😂

-

Post on poster is a regular occurrence here btw… and I suppose we’re all guilty of it from time to time.

I’ve apologised for being out of line or over emotional many times. If my view upsets or offends anyone, I’ll apologise again but I’m not about to change it anytime soon or for anyone tbf. 👍

But even if Unai did say something glowing about Sterling, are you gonna then say ‘ if unai wants him then so do i’ ? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â