Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Chelsea sign Felix and we get castoff Sterling for a year on loan.

Talk about pissing on someone's chips.

Vicious cycle…I’d say there must be better options elsewhere surely, seems like other leagues are non existent to us with the exception of the forced Luiz move with them Juve players coming in

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just racism.

Isn’t that just a term for person with a fetish for formula 1?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Vicious cycle…I’d say there must be better options elsewhere surely, seems like other leagues are non existent to us with the exception of the forced Luiz move with them Juve players coming in

Isn’t that what Mark cavendish rides?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Im not ecstatic about the idea because we need a defender more, but if we pay up to £125k per week in wages then why not.

And if we still get LG then brilliant.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I just don’t see it happening. Why would we sign Sterling but not Felix? It’s a baffling link 

I don't think we'll sign Sterling. But the answer to this question would be "because one of them wanted to play here and the other didn't"

• Like 3

Aside from the fact that he’s selfish, one dimensional and past his best… Surely we’ve learnt that Sterling isn’t the type of player we need?

We’ve tried the small, pacy style no.10 with Diaby and whilst there were some good moments, ultimately it didn’t work and he ended up playing in a wider role. To play centrally in the PL you need either need to be strong and athletic (why I think we signed Rogers) or technically brilliant (e.g Felix).

Unai even stated the reason he liked Felix was his ability to receive the ball and make key passes in tight spaces. Raheem ain’t doing this… in fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen him make a pass full stop!

If he’s coming to play wide, then honestly I’d rather keep SIJ and spend the money in defence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

You can say the exact same thing about Cash in competitive games. I rather develop a talent like Nedeljovic than give games to a player not quite good enough, and most likely never will be. 

Hopefully we bring in a quality cb in addition to Geertruida so was can sell both Carlos and Cash. This way we have the option of playing Konsa RB if Geertruida isn't available. Also Geertruida is very rarely gets injured. So he is an ideal signing from every perspective.

I'd agree with that. We definitely need a cb and rb. If that's the case then cash can go as it frees konsa up. Anyway...all about sterling now! Initially I was no but now.coming round to it

11 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Aside from the fact that he’s selfish, one dimensional and past his best… Surely we’ve learnt that Sterling isn’t the type of player we need?

We’ve tried the small, pacy style no.10 with Diaby and whilst there were some good moments, ultimately it didn’t work and he ended up playing in a wider role. To play centrally in the PL you need either need to be strong and athletic (why I think we signed Rogers) or technically brilliant (e.g Felix).

Unai even stated the reason he liked Felix was his ability to receive the ball and make key passes in tight spaces. Raheem ain’t doing this… in fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen him make a pass full stop!

Mate c’mon, he played under Pep for 6 seasons, you think he would have lasted that long if he couldn’t pass 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Someone else sign him, please… Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool, Manure, West Ham… any of them! 

unai-emery.gif

29 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'd be surprised if this one materialises. That said, do you really think Unai wouldn't be able to adjust his own ways of thinking depending on the tools currently at his disposal? It's an ever-changing situation. He's had to do things he didn't want to do many times. If you can't buy a hammer for one job, a low-cost screwdriver doesn't suddenly become useless for other jobs.

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We don’t need wingers! The balance of the squad is going to be way off! Defender, or, no one at all, in my view. 

I wish it were that simple. It's more like competitive dining out, with a menu of ever-changing prices and new and old dishes appearing and vanishing and someone threatening to fine you for overspending.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â