Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t want either but Sterling would be a terrible signing imo, worse. Too much baggage and ego, massive wages… would demand to play all the time and he’s far past his best.

I don’t want Jack back but if it was a choice between the two, it’d be easy for me.

A permanent deal could be a disaster too… last thing we need is another big financial burden. Could ruin everything we have built and squad harmony/togetherness.

Love what we have, let’s not ruin it. And let’s not help out clubs like Chelsea FFS and allow them to keep spending freely and getting better players in!! Why should we take their cast offs? Should slam the door in their faces.

Would be a stark (desperate?) departure from our way of doing things…

Sterling can't be true. It just can't be. Wake me up from this nightmare 

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Unless I’m missing something obvious, he’s not specified this on Twitter and there’s no mention of us in his long article on Sterling. I smell BS. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Sterling can't be true. It just can't be. Wake me up from this nightmare 

Hopefully it’s complete BS and click bait… but many reports now. Just hope it doesn’t happen… so many options out there.

Don’t be Chelsea’s bitch! We are better than them, don’t help those psychos.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Unless I’m missing something obvious, he’s not specified this on Twitter and there’s no mention of us in his long article on Sterling. I smell BS. 

I love you 😂

• Like 1

Not loving us being the helpful schmucks that enables the likes of Barca and Chelsea cheat the game. Could always end up with us gaining the most from it but the Barca deals certainly didn't.

Here’s the article. There’s literally nothing to this. It’s as speculative as it gets for me:

Aston Villa have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Raheem Sterling, who has been told that he can leave the west London club.
Villa have been looking for another attacking player and lost out to Chelsea in the race to sign João Félix, the Portugal winger, this week. Chelsea and Sterling want to find a permanent solution, which is complicated by him having three years left on his contract, which is worth £325,000 a week. Chelsea paid £50million for the winger from Manchester City in 2022.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skell said:

I hope I'm proved wrong but every friendly and twice v hammers he made a decision/error that could have cost us. You could be right about nerves but I say he has a mistake in him at moment. I am not comfortable at all with him starting. We need an experienced player there IMO. Hope I'm wrong let's see 

You can say the exact same thing about Cash in competitive games. I rather develop a talent like Nedeljovic than give games to a player not quite good enough, and most likely never will be. 

Hopefully we bring in a quality cb in addition to Geertruida so was can sell both Carlos and Cash. This way we have the option of playing Konsa RB if Geertruida isn't available. Also Geertruida is very rarely gets injured. So he is an ideal signing from every perspective.

Sterling seems such the exact opposite of everything that Emery and Monchi have been trying to achieve that I’m as certain as I can be that it’s nonsense. 
Purely on footballing ability, I would probably take him, but financially there is just no point so I can’t see it happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here’s the article. There’s literally nothing to this. It’s as speculative as it gets for me:

Aston Villa have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Raheem Sterling, who has been told that he can leave the west London club.
Villa have been looking for another attacking player and lost out to Chelsea in the race to sign João Félix, the Portugal winger, this week. Chelsea and Sterling want to find a permanent solution, which is complicated by him having three years left on his contract, which is worth £325,000 a week. Chelsea paid £50million for the winger from Manchester City in 2022.

£325k per week!? 😂 that’s almost as much as Lucas 😉 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I just don’t see it happening. Why would we sign Sterling but not Felix? It’s a baffling link 

Because he didn't want to come to us? 

Considering we apparently have good relations with Chelsea at board/director level, I wonder if there's something in they sign Duran, Sterling comes in to replace Diaby and then Omorodion replaces Duran.

*cue meltdown*

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â