Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Anyone remember the film wierd science? When that young kid tried to model his perfect women online and out popped Kelly LeBrock. 

If you could model the exact opposite of an Unai Emery player, Raheem Stirling would come crawling out the monitor. 

Happy to file this under “unlikely”

Edited by Colin79

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Sterling would be the most coutinho-esque signing. I hope it's not true

And if it's sterling + Duran. I'm done with this club. 

would it lead to you changing your profile pic??

image.png.3cd9ae21c92edf868b92164ec60f763a.png

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So then. Sterling. @The_Steve in the mud..

He'll just deny everything until the day he signs 😂

But if it was a transfer that he wanted then it would have been 'it's happening! ' about a week ago. 

If we do sign him, I'd imagine it will be a loan. 

Also, he's not even nearly as bad as some of you are making out. In fact, he's been one of the best players in the PL over the last decade or so. He's been at a circus since he joined Chelsea and we all know what Emery does with talented players. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Can understand Sterling if it’s a loan and Chelsea are picking up most of his wages. He is experienced at the highest level and is used to playing at that level twice a week. Maybe he is an alternative to Felix as 9/10, but he has always played wide.

Can’t understand where he would play. He wouldn’t come on loan as a back up player to Watkins / Rogers / Bailey. And I don’t think he would/should push Ramsey and Philogene down the pecking order. Can only see it working if Buendia and/or Duran are leaving. 

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Please no has-beens.

Sterling and a 28/29 year old Grealish is a Gerrard Purslow signing. 

Don’t want either but Sterling would be a terrible signing imo, worse. Too much baggage and ego, massive wages… would demand to play all the time and he’s far past his best.

I don’t want Jack back but if it was a choice between the two, it’d be easy for me.

A permanent deal could be a disaster too… last thing we need is another big financial burden. Could ruin everything we have built and squad harmony/togetherness.

Love what we have, let’s not ruin it. And let’s not help out clubs like Chelsea FFS and allow them to keep spending freely and getting better players in!! Why should we take their cast offs? Should slam the door in their faces.

Would be a stark (desperate?) departure from our way of doing things…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Shaun Wright-Phillips but on £325k/w. His decline in the last season and a half has been steep. A permanent move for him would be moronic. A loan would be highly questionable, even if Chelsea pays 75% of his salary.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â