Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd rather have Cash, I'm not swapping Trippier for Cash they would both be in the squad.

If it's close to the end of the window and we want to fight in the Carabao, Champions League and Prem the first half of this season, then we're going to need rotation. Also Emery has mentioned about some of the players coming in having experienced the champions league, and that being important.

If there's an experienced pro with champions league experience and a cup winner available, in a position we need, that's captain material, then I don't think it's something to turn our noses up at.

Having said all that I'd rather get someone else, we're running out of time and options. 

Signing people for the sake of it is not the answer either. That’s what we used to do under previous managers. 

• Like 3

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If I had a pound for every time I’ve viewed this thread 

Tell me about it!  One credible transfer link every 100 pages at the moment…

Trippier is a disaster. He cost the Geordies a lot of goals last season, no pace. Terrible positioning. He’s absolutely a signing the Villa of old would do. Luckily, we won’t under Unai. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

My target list of Attacker/forwards in order were:

1. Nico Williams
2. Xavi Simons   
3. Rodrygo (Loan)
4. Michael Olise
5. Dani Olmo
6. Alex Baena 
7. João Felix
8. Brajan Gruda

Only 2 from that list are now possible *sighs*

I fear you may be disappointed

Sterling is another Coutinho. Past his best, high wages, 30 years old. Plus he is a winger and you need a second striker. Waste of money (plus he will block your market next years).

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Honestly hearing the name of that club is p**sing me off, all that talk of Felix everyday on here for that circus of a club to swoop in and just seal it like that, then the treatment of their players is atrocious, and they still want more players 😕 they can disappear if they think they can get Duran, he’d be a mighty fool to even entertain it 

image.png.ba02e3ba6b095b8684a6c4516eba2731.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Cash is this years fall guy 😖

Doesn’t seem to matter what he does at this point (a very decent display against West Ham)…a lot of fans on here want him replaced 

Rodders, some have lost touch with reality since we have had a bit of success😀

it’s one thing wanting to improve the squad with top class players but another thinking players on someone else’s books are automatically world beaters and better.

if we find a first class right back and he wins the shirt from Cash, so be it but that does not mean Matty is on the next train out of Aston. We need 2 quality players in each position.

who would be next in the firing line?😀

UTV

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Rodders, some have lost touch with reality since we have had a bit of success😀

it’s one thing wanting to improve the squad with top class players but another thinking players on someone else’s books are automatically world beaters and better.

if we find a first class right back and he wins the shirt from Cash, so be it but that does not mean Matty is on the next train out of Aston. We need 2 quality players in each position.

who would be next in the firing line?😀

UTV

I guess our manager has lost touch with reality then, as he played a centre back at right back instead of Cash for most of last season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Signing people for the sake of it is not the answer either. That’s what we used to do under previous managers. 

It's not for the sake of it. I clearly explained the pro's he'd add to the squad and in a position we need a player. I understand where you're coming from though, agree to disagree. 

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I guess our manager has lost touch with reality then, as he played a centre back at right back instead of Cash for most of last season.

Duke, it’s not the fact that we need a right back, my comments were about scapegoating a player who has served us well. If we can find a better one great. Until then Cash is our best right back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Duke, it’s not the fact that we need a right back, my comments were about scapegoating a player who has served us well. If we can find a better one great. Until then Cash is our best right back.

Nobody said he wasn’t. Scapegoating him for what?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Read it again..👀

Unless I’ve missed a joke, I was agreeing that I’ve looked billions of times which is stupid given only one credible link every 100 pages…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â