Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Disagree, he's ready to play a back up role. Just needs to get used to the pace of the league. He looked rushed against wet spam, that's down to nerves maybe, but mostly the intensity of prem games.

I hope I'm proved wrong but every friendly and twice v hammers he made a decision/error that could have cost us. You could be right about nerves but I say he has a mistake in him at moment. I am not comfortable at all with him starting. We need an experienced player there IMO. Hope I'm wrong let's see 

Would take Carlos, Dendonker and Hause out and then Chalobah and Trippier in. 

25 man squad 

Would prefer Geertruida but feel like the general rule of the last 5 years is it the rumour has been out longer than a week it's a player we've given up on. 

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

25 man squad 

Would prefer Geertruida but feel like the general rule of the last 5 years is it the rumour has been out longer than a week it's a player we've given up on. 

Me too 100%. Could be better but that gives us enough to fight on all fronts

16 minutes ago, skarroki said:

25 man squad 

I feel that we either have drawn out transfers or transfers from nowhere. But we have plenty that go on for ages. In fairness, the deals are obviously complicated.

After the result against West Ham I'm a lot more comfortable with the idea of no new incomings, with the exception that one more CB in on loan would be nice for coverage, Lenglet pt. 2 Electric Boogaloo perhaps? This would help ease concerns of the possibility that Ned isn't up for it right now, as we'd have extra coverage in the middle to free up Konsa if needed.

Edited by Caddy

39 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Disagree, he's ready to play a back up role. Just needs to get used to the pace of the league. He looked rushed against wet spam, that's down to nerves maybe, but mostly the intensity of prem games.

Yep. I think nerves and trying a bit too hard in his first PL game. I think he'll be the first choice by the end of the season. Looks a real talent.

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness mate, I've said in the thread a couple times that West Ham have made good signings.

However I'm not with the notion that we have to denigrate our own business out of context or start worrying about the business everyone else does.

Or we would be worried all the time.

Also, apologies if it seems I'm singling you out because I'm not... However you are one of the guys who seems mostly negative and I disagree.

I don't take any of this personal or intend to offend anyone

I feel we should be able to strongly disagree and have passionate debates without it meaning any vendetta or hate ,😂

I was simply counter pointing your post 

I think West Ham have made good signings for them ... they have improved their first XI. I'm not sure any of them would have got into our first XI which I'm sure, certainly for Kilman and I imagine Todibo, was a necessity.

I don't think our first XI needed major surgery. Obviously, Onana is a major signing that gives our first XI a different dynamic and between him, Kamara and Tielemans means we are no weaker despite the loss of Luiz. Maatsen is arguably an upgrade, although Digne has looked good for the last 6 months plus, but, given their respective ages, is the future for us. The key upgrade in our first XI, imho, is Cash and I'm hoping that Geertruida can be this.🤞 The rest of the window for us has been about upgrading the squad and bringing in back up/options/rotation so that we don't experience a decline like the back end of last season if/when we get injuries.

I would love to see Cash, Carlos, Hause and Dendonker move on with Geertruida, Chalobah and Goncalves, MGW or Jack coming in to give us another attacking option.

My target list of Attacker/forwards in order were:

1. Nico Williams
2. Xavi Simons   
3. Rodrygo (Loan)
4. Michael Olise
5. Dani Olmo
6. Alex Baena 
7. João Felix
8. Brajan Gruda

Only 2 from that list are now possible *sighs*

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It almost makes you think the people at the club don't care who you want us to sign...😥

I know right 😔, when will they ever listen 😉

• Haha 1

I think Geertruida for now would be perfect. If we can add Baina as well I think it’s our last chance for him next season probably more teams will be in for him. 
There are talks about Chelsea getting back for Duran, if we do (I don’t prefer a late sell) then go to A Madrid striker. Chelsea would want us to buy Chalobah though. I think we can trust Monchi in getting the best deal. Trust Emery that we won’t go to the season with only Watkins upfront. 

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Carlos to all our incoming transfers 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91v0xrvs031d9l4g5e0o

Hope that’s how he plays on Saturday.

(using his feet, not his hands though 😆).

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Is this a joke?  I'd rather have Cash.

Cash is this years fall guy 😖

Doesn’t seem to matter what he does at this point (a very decent display against West Ham)…a lot of fans on here want him replaced 

3 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Cash is this years fall guy 😖

Doesn’t seem to matter what he does at this point (a very decent display against West Ham)…a lot of fans on here want him replaced 

Because he’s the weak link. The most obvious outfield post that can be upgraded. Nothing against him, he’s just average.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think Geertruida for now would be perfect. If we can add Baina as well I think it’s our last chance for him next season probably more teams will be in for him. 
There are talks about Chelsea getting back for Duran, if we do (I don’t prefer a late sell) then go to A Madrid striker. Chelsea would want us to buy Chalobah though. I think we can trust Monchi in getting the best deal. Trust Emery that we won’t go to the season with only Watkins upfront. 

Honestly hearing the name of that club is p**sing me off, all that talk of Felix everyday on here for that circus of a club to swoop in and just seal it like that, then the treatment of their players is atrocious, and they still want more players 😕 they can disappear if they think they can get Duran, he’d be a mighty fool to even entertain it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Is this a joke?  I'd rather have Cash.

I'd rather have Cash, I'm not swapping Trippier for Cash they would both be in the squad.

If it's close to the end of the window and we want to fight in the Carabao, Champions League and Prem the first half of this season, then we're going to need rotation. Also Emery has mentioned about some of the players coming in having experienced the champions league, and that being important.

If there's an experienced pro with champions league experience and a cup winner available, in a position we need, that's captain material, then I don't think it's something to turn our noses up at.

Having said all that I'd rather get someone else, we're running out of time and options. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â