Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

In an ideal world, I think we would sell Dendoncker, loan out SIJ to make space for Geertruida or Chalobah (possibly on loan). This would give us 4 RB options,  which might seem a lot, but would mean Konsa could play at CB, and there were times we played two RBs last season (albeit not always to great effect).

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Araujo is out injured until next year… picked up a bad injury in the Copa America. There were reports of interest from us (one article claimed we “warned” Barca we would be in for him as soon as we confirmed CL 😆)… might have been something in that. 

Barca are in a massive mess, not a bit, but keep finding loopholes or exploits and being allowed to make more signings when they are operating on around 3 billion euros of debt. Just making the limit/quota each season I guess but it’s just kicking the can down the road… as usual, it’s one rule for some and another for the rest - don’t we know it!

I read that Lenglet would be going to Atletico… wouldn’t be averse to a last minute loan if we are really struggling to bring in a CB. We need to boost that department…

Ah, right. Yeah I tuned out for bit, then just heard the word 'Araujo'. They may have been talking about his injury, as they were also talking about how Fati would have been moved on if he wasn't injured!

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Neither Anderson nor Todibo take Konsa or Pau’s places in our team, and they would not have come to play as back-ups.

Geertruida is obviously perfect as he would command a starting spot at right back and also give cover at RCB.

In an ideal world we would also want a big, commanding CB who could play both sides to come in as an option against specific teams where we think there’s a heightened physical threat. However to sign that player we probably need to shift both Cash and Carlos, which is unlikely at this stage. We also need to see how Mings looks as he could well be that player for us.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

It would be great if we could offload Cash - like him but just goes to ground too easily and you can see he is a converted winger as opposed to someone who has played defensively all their life - and Carlos - not the end of the world if he stays but he is on big money, will/should not dislodge Konsa and is 31 so potentially last chance to get some value back - and replace with Geertruida and Chalobah. Both would be upgrades whilst lowering the average squad age.

Maybe a bid of 8-10 million to Chelsea to get Carney back? I mean who can blame him for not wanting to stay under Gerrard! 😀 He has some monster wages though.

Hes really talented and could flourish under Emery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Maybe a bid of 8-10 million to Chelsea to get Carney back? I mean who can blame him for not wanting to stay under Gerrard! 😀 He has some monster wages though.

He is talented, but I think his decision to go in the first place shows that he prizes money above personal development or even actually playing the game. I’d rather not as I think those qualities are real red flags. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Would Moneymaker coming back allow him to put some more gold plating on the church roof?

If not, i dont think Moneymaker would come back.

1 hour ago, allani said:

There's a rumour on Twitter from someone claiming to be on the Villa staff that Matty Cash is off to Spurs....

Wasn't there someone on here that was determined to start that rumour? Mission accomplished 😂

1 hour ago, allani said:

As I said - I'm keen to sign a RB too.  But if we sign a RB then I'm happy with Ned as the back-up rather than keeping Cash.  I think Ned will come on in a lot of matches through the season. 

Hopefully in 2 or 3 months, moving Konsa to RB (if we needed to) isn't quite such an issue as we will have Mings available to bring into the team.  I appreciate that there's still risk there but if Mings were a major doubt then I'm sure we'd have done more in that area.  The fact that we haven't I think either means we're comfortable with a loan or that Mings is progressing well (I am certain that the medical and coaching teams are all over his progress and feeding this back to Emery and Monchi).

Yep mings is.key to a lot.of things. A good mings she's lots of problems. Let's see about Ned. But for me I wouldn't want him coming off the bench in a big game. Last week, 2 errors in 10 minutes

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

If he wasn't ready to be back up, he wouldn't be in the squad as he'd probably be out on loan.  

He is there because there is noone else.  We are trying to add someone for a reason

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He is talented, but I think his decision to go in the first place shows that he prizes money above personal development or even actually playing the game. I’d rather not as I think those qualities are real red flags. 

He joined the club he supported as a kid and they weren’t as big a shit show when he signed as they are now … he was 18 and can forgive his naivety. Think he’d be a fantastic re-signing for  us at the right fee 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Friendly reminder.  Nedjlekovic would have been Serbia's first choice right back at the Euro's had he not got injured.  I fully expect him to start the likes of Leicester, Southampton etc if we don;t sign Geertruida.

I agree but we can improve this spot. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He joined the club he supported as a kid and they weren’t as big a shit show when he signed as they are now … he was 18 and can forgive his naivety. Think he’d be a fantastic re-signing for  us at the right fee 

Not for the wages he’s on, thanks but no thanks!

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness mate, I've said in the thread a couple times that West Ham have made good signings.

However I'm not with the notion that we have to denigrate our own business out of context or start worrying about the business everyone else does.

Or we would be worried all the time.

Also, apologies if it seems I'm singling you out because I'm not... However you are one of the guys who seems mostly negative and I disagree.

I don't take any of this personal it intend to offend anyone

I feel we should be able to strongly disagree and have passionate debates without it meaning any vendetta or hate ,😂

I was simply counter pointing your post 

I've been negative on the summer transfer window thread recently because it’s looking increasingly likely that our business incomings (not outgoings) was done over a month ago and it's a little frustrating as I still think we’re short of a quality right back and maybe a forward if we want to make the top 4 again and it seems many on here share that view. 

Yes maybe it seems like I’m whinging but maybe if I whinge enough we will finally make progress with a signing or 2 😉

I have been positive about things too, like Martinez’s new contract, Duran staying, our win at West Ham. It’s just people tend to ignore that and focus on me being Mr Negative.

And I agree on being able to debate sensibly too, we’re not here to all agree, I was just being sensitive I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skell said:

He can improve massively just.by training with the team. Plus I don't want just  fine, I want cash and a better player. Ned can get game time when one of the 2 are.injuted. he is not ready for a back up

Disagree, he's ready to play a back up role. Just needs to get used to the pace of the league. He looked rushed against wet spam, that's down to nerves maybe, but mostly the intensity of prem games.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â