Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s ready. He had a good pre-season, Unai trusted him against West Ham. Not everyone has the best of debuts. He will get games. 

No. He gave the ball.away many times in pre season.his galloping down the wing won't fool me. We need someone match ready

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've already beat one of those teams this season and proved to have a better team over the course of a season than both. 

You can easily reverse this and ask how many of our players would start for them.

Teams below us need more to catch up to us similarly to how teams above us need less to maintain their positions, and we need less to maintain or climb etc.

We can spin these narratives to suit any arguement we want.

Well of course we have players who'd start for them, we are currently a better team than them and higher up the food chain. My point was they have signed players that would improve us (everyone keeps saying Konsa and Pau are better - how many league games did Carlos start last season? Over 20. They are both better than him so they would start a lot of games for us.)

It's alright to say other teams have made good signings you know, it doesn't mean you're a bad fan.

You seem a level headed guy but seem to delight in disagreeing with me about everything. That's fine but it can be very frustrating.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So if Digne and Maatsen get injured, or Watkins and Duran get injured. You're listing the two primary players for a position and saying "what if they get injured". 

Yes, if the two players in same position get injured it's not great. Obviously

No I'm not as Konsa is a centre back (until we sign another CB). We have cash as a RB.  NED  is just not ready yet, gives the ball away too much. FOR Digne and Maatson we can play illing, Pau, Mings.  For watkins and Duran , Rogers. 

I see.potential but also see he is not ready. I've watched most of the games he's played and he's just.no there defensively

3 minutes ago, skell said:

Put it this way I reckon he needs 6 months at least, and emery won't trust him in the big games, I think it's 1 or 2 years before he plays regularly 

Disagree.  I think we'll see him play in more matches than not before the end of this season.  Emery expects a lot from his FBs - so I can see us playing 4 FBs in most matches.  That said that doesn't mean that I don't think a RB shouldn't be on our shopping list - but for me that's a Cash out - new RB in scenario not a moving Ned to third choice option.  If we have an injury at RB then maybe we move Konsa there rather than starting Ned - but that's a different situation that will also depend on who else is available at the time.

10 minutes ago, skell said:

Put it this way I reckon he needs 6 months at least, and emery won't trust him in the big games, I think it's 1 or 2 years before he plays regularly 

He is fine as back up for this season. Huge talent. In order to develop him he needs games. He can't be good in a year if he never plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Disagree.  I think we'll see him play in more matches than not before the end of this season.  Emery expects a lot from his FBs - so I can see us playing 4 FBs in most matches.  That said that doesn't mean that I don't think a RB shouldn't be on our shopping list - but for me that's a Cash out - new RB in scenario not a moving Ned to third choice option.  If we have an injury at RB then maybe we move Konsa there rather than starting Ned - but that's a different situation that will also depend on who else is available at the time.

The problem with Konsa at right back is that it means DC plays centre back ( the odd game.is ok) , we therefore become weaker. That's why we need a RB , so Konsa stays central . Cash and Ned not enough quality for Unai demands

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He is fine as back up for this season. Huge talent. In order to develop him he needs games. He can't be good in a year if he never plays.

He can improve massively just.by training with the team. Plus I don't want just  fine, I want cash and a better player. Ned can get game time when one of the 2 are.injuted. he is not ready for a back up

Just now, skell said:

The problem with Konsa at right back is that it means DC plays centre back ( the odd game.is ok) , we therefore become weaker. That's why we need a RB , so Konsa stays central . Cash and Ned not enough quality for Unai demands

As I said - I'm keen to sign a RB too.  But if we sign a RB then I'm happy with Ned as the back-up rather than keeping Cash.  I think Ned will come on in a lot of matches through the season. 

Hopefully in 2 or 3 months, moving Konsa to RB (if we needed to) isn't quite such an issue as we will have Mings available to bring into the team.  I appreciate that there's still risk there but if Mings were a major doubt then I'm sure we'd have done more in that area.  The fact that we haven't I think either means we're comfortable with a loan or that Mings is progressing well (I am certain that the medical and coaching teams are all over his progress and feeding this back to Emery and Monchi).

10 hours ago, VillaTO said:

I was listening to Athletic FC podcast earlier about Gundogan moving to City. Barca seem like a bit of a mess, and in order to register Olmo, they need to move on a bunch of players. Mentioned on the pod were: Mika Faye, Llenglet, Vitor Roque, Aurajo and Ansu Fati (injured, so won't actually be moving).

No mention of Christensen, but would make sense that they would consider offers for him.

Araujo is out injured until next year… picked up a bad injury in the Copa America. There were reports of interest from us (one article claimed we “warned” Barca we would be in for him as soon as we confirmed CL 😆)… might have been something in that. 

Barca are in a massive mess, not a bit, but keep finding loopholes or exploits and being allowed to make more signings when they are operating on around 3 billion euros of debt. Just making the limit/quota each season I guess but it’s just kicking the can down the road… as usual, it’s one rule for some and another for the rest - don’t we know it!

I read that Lenglet would be going to Atletico… wouldn’t be averse to a last minute loan if we are really struggling to bring in a CB. We need to boost that department…

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Why is this thread so hot? Nothing is happening. 

People arguing over whether one of the best 18 year old right backs (if not the best) in world football is ready to start at any given point this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

People asking why its so hot. And then people answering that. 

I just keep clicking on it hoping that we're closing in on an exciting new signing only to find that we're discussing absolutely nothing of substance.

26 minutes ago, skell said:

He can improve massively just.by training with the team. Plus I don't want just  fine, I want cash and a better player. Ned can get game time when one of the 2 are.injuted. he is not ready for a back up

If he wasn't ready to be back up, he wouldn't be in the squad as he'd probably be out on loan.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â