Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Good for Fulham, great signing. 

Watch them finish 10th-13th for the next 5 seasons.

Paliniha is a huge miss for them. They haven't replaced him, and have sought to strengthen the team as a whole. To me they are weaker than last season. Their central midfield looks really weak without Paliniha.

We should loan them Barrenechea!

Edited by Philosopher

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Paliniha is a huge miss for them. They haven't replaced him, and have sought to strengthen the team as a whole. To me they are weaker than last season. Their central midfield looks really weak without Paliniha.

We should loan them Barrenechea!

They've just signed Sander Berge as his replacement, but clearly not on the same level.

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Neither Anderson nor Todibo take Konsa or Pau’s places in our team, and they would not have come to play as back-ups.

Geertruida is obviously perfect as he would command a starting spot at right back and also give cover at RCB.

In an ideal world we would also want a big, commanding CB who could play both sides to come in as an option against specific teams where we think there’s a heightened physical threat. However to sign that player we probably need to shift both Cash and Carlos, which is unlikely at this stage. We also need to see how Mings looks as he could well be that player for us.

You've just described Diego Carlos.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Neither Anderson nor Todibo take Konsa or Pau’s places in our team, and they would not have come to play as back-ups.

Geertruida is obviously perfect as he would command a starting spot at right back and also give cover at RCB.

In an ideal world we would also want a big, commanding CB who could play both sides to come in as an option against specific teams where we think there’s a heightened physical threat. However to sign that player we probably need to shift both Cash and Carlos, which is unlikely at this stage. We also need to see how Mings looks as he could well be that player for us.

yeah agreed. If Mings returns to near his best we'd be overloaded.  The difference between us and Chelsea is we wait to shift a player on first before committing a huge investment in a replacement.  If no one wants Cash or Carlos at the moment then we won't just buy Gertruida as well.  Chelsea would buy both Gertruida and Gomez first then worry about the consequences later.  I know who I'd prefer in charge of our club and it isn't the gamble everything cowboys.

Edited by tezzaleed

Just now, duke313 said:

They've just signed Sander Berge as his replacement, but clearly not on the same level.

He looked promising as a 19 year old, but he hasn't kicked on since then. I'd rather play Cairney or Reed.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Cash, Konsa and Nedeljkovic all cover RB. Signing another player isn't needed. We've 9 defenders in the first team squad. We're covered in terms of squad size for defence. If we make a signing it's a one out and one in type deal. 

We do need one. Weekend after champions league, Konsa and cash are injured . Our cover is simply not good enough. Ned is nowhere near ready

1 minute ago, skell said:

We do need one. Weekend after champions league, Konsa and cash are injured . Our cover is simply not good enough. Ned is nowhere near ready

I agree, but Ned will be knocking on the door soon. Nowhere near is rather harsh.

For me I don't trust Carlos, so I want Konsa playing at CB and have a settled CB partnership. Problem is I don't trust Cash either!

Nedeljovic will be a good back up, and change up of approach at right back. But he will need games to get up to speed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skell said:

He’s ready. He had a good pre-season, Unai trusted him against West Ham. Not everyone has the best of debuts. He will get games. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s big I’ll give you that, but he flirts with being commanding and sadly lacks the concentration levels required.

He’s also at an age where his value is diminishing fast and he’s taking up a big chunk of the wage budget.

• Like 2

Just now, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He’s big I’ll give you that, but he flirts with being commanding and sadly lacks the concentration levels required.

He’s also at an age where his value is diminishing fast and he’s taking up a big chunk of the wage budget.

He is bang on 6ft, which isn't big in this league. He isn't doesn't always fully commit himself as he struggles in very intense game situations. I think he would be very good in any other league. But the Premier league players are bigger, stronger, and faster than any other league in the world. The pace is highest, coupled with the levels of aggression, physically he lacks a little to really impose himself in the Premier league. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s ready. He had a good pre-season, Unai trusted him against West Ham. Not everyone has the best of debuts. He will get games. 

And his mindset plays a part too, he constantly wants to learn. I don't care that he is 18, he has the right mindset.

Can we ask the church if Carney can come back and play… With Jaden back really think we shouldn’t and get the band back together as he’d thrive under Emery 

IMG_1825.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can we ask the church if Carney can come back and play… With Jaden back really think we shouldn’t and get the band back together as he’d thrive under Emery 

IMG_1825.jpeg

The Church requires a 20% commission in order for God to approve this move. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Carlos - and his physically - is a really disappointing aspect for me
He isn't big enough - he's below average for the league.
He got the strong man image  - but he just isn't commanding.

Hopefully Minds is that guy, as he's already here.

Also, this is why Onana and the "he isn't as good as Dougie" crowd don't see all the positives he brings to the side,and why he way the #1 choice. He is a beast.

33 minutes ago, skell said:

So if Digne and Maatsen get injured, or Watkins and Duran get injured. You're listing the two primary players for a position and saying "what if they get injured". 

Yes, if the two players in same position get injured it's not great. Obviously

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can we ask the church if Carney can come back and play… With Jaden back really think he’d thrive under Emery 

We can have him back for nothing in 4 years.

He'll only be 24, have a big bank balance and will have had a nice long rest. 

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He had a slightly woobly 5 minutes - but it was a massive moment for him.  Once he settled down he was OK - made a couple of good blocks / tackles that snuffed out possible danger, he made most of his tackles from a good starting position so seemed less prone to give away silly free-kicks and he played it pretty safe when he had the ball rather than maybe being a bit more attacking like he was during pre-season (which is understandable).  I think his performance was fine.  The issue is that Maatsen came on down the left and completely transformed the way we played and had a huge part in making our winner.

I don't think he did anything that suggested anything other than he needs more minutes.  Once he gets used to things he's got the skills and the attributes required.  I'd still be keen on getting in a RB/CB similar to Gert but I'm sure that Ned will play a fair amount this season.  It would just be nice if we can manage that rather than it being forced on us due to injuries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The Church requires a 20% commission in order for God to approve this move. 

And I thought “Indulgences” went out of favour in medieval times.

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I agree, but Ned will be knocking on the door soon. Nowhere near is rather harsh.

For me I don't trust Carlos, so I want Konsa playing at CB and have a settled CB partnership. Problem is I don't trust Cash either!

Nedeljovic will be a good back up, and change up of approach at right back. But he will need games to get up to speed.

Put it this way I reckon he needs 6 months at least, and emery won't trust him in the big games, I think it's 1 or 2 years before he plays regularly 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â