Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s crazy we haven’t signed a new starting right back yet. 

it is a bit mad, its clearly the weakest point of the team in terms of who is the starter.

Kosta Ned does look very good, but he prob needs a year or two as backup/cover/some starts here and there, to build experience and develop.

I said at the start of the window, if we get to the end of the window and Cash is still our senior/primary right back, we have failed to address one of our key weaknesses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveburnside said:

The streets say hes a RB who can play CB. 

FWIW and IMHO we need a RB who can play CB or LB but can push on to CM or RM and even play #10 if we don't need him at #6.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s crazy we haven’t signed a new starting right back yet. 

Cash, Konsa and Nedeljkovic all cover RB. Signing another player isn't needed. We've 9 defenders in the first team squad. We're covered in terms of squad size for defence. If we make a signing it's a one out and one in type deal. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Dependent on Carlos leaving because of WAGES, not because of the position he plays.  Geertruida isn't coming here to be Konsa's backup like Carlos is.  If Carlos leaves and we sign Geertruida, we still need a backup RC,B.  Unless of course you think an injured Mings and Bogarde will suffice?  

Carlos leaving and we sign a more versatile Defender as Emery loves the versatile players everywhere in the squad. Carlos out and a CB who is versatile replaces (hence Geertruida/Gomez links)

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Surely Archers and Moreno's wages = Geertruida's wages?

If the answer was our wage bill was at an acceptable level a month ago, then yes. 

I think it's clear we needed to drastically reduce our squad cost to help both with PSR and SCR for the 24/25 season. 

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The next person who wants to move Konsa to RB. I swear, I'll come for you in the night, and I won't be bringing you a box of f**king Milk Tray.

You may be angry on Saturday evening then when the team comes out!

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You may be angry on Saturday evening then when the team comes out!

Well, that's different. Cash is injured and so Konsa can fill in as I understand asking Nedeljkovic to start against Arsenal might be asking too much at this stage, even though he's the future there. Then again, it still might be better than playing a distracted Carlos.

5 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo. Brighton have bought some exciting young players but we already have those. 

Todibo was a loan too so we didn't even need to spend any money on him until next summer. That's the one that baffles me the most because his profile fits us perfectly given his age and level of experience. 

We've already beat one of those teams this season and proved to have a better team over the course of a season than both. 

You can easily reverse this and ask how many of our players would start for them.

Teams below us need more to catch up to us similarly to how teams above us need less to maintain their positions, and we need less to maintain or climb etc.

We can spin these narratives to suit any arguement we want.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Jeff Stelling mentioned on Talksport this morning that Sterling was offered to us and we turned it down.

I get that it's Talksport and needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but if true it shows how much better run we are compared to a few years back.

Gerrard and Purslow would be all over that signing. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo. Brighton have bought some exciting young players but we already have those. 

Absolutely laughable that you think they're ahead of Pau and Konsa. Do you ever stop whinging in spite of our success?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Indigo said:

Andersen is one of those players who got called underrated for so long that he's overrated now.

To me he is a good mid table centre back. Not quick enough for my liking. Not at the level we need. Konsa, Pau, and Mings all better than him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Andersen is one of those players who got called underrated for so long that he's overrated now.

Good for Fulham, great signing. 

Watch them finish 10th-13th for the next 5 seasons.

• Haha 2

Just now, Philosopher said:

To me he is a good mid table centre back. Not quick enough for my liking. Not at the level we need. Konsa, Pau, and Mings all better than him.

Agree with that. Wasn't trying to suggest he's not a good player but yeah, there was a period over the last couple of seasons where he was getting called the "best centre back outside of the top 6" (whatever that means anymore), or the most underrated player in the league and it grew legs. He's a good player but I don't think he's even the best centre back at Palace or for Denmark.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â