Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Todibo would have been good, but our squad is too big at the moment to keep adding players to it. If we don’t sell Diego Carlos, but we signed Todibo, we’d still be paying Diego Carlos £100k / week to spend most of his time on the bench.

Transfer fees are supposedly not our issue, but apparently our wage to revenue % is high, so we need to manage this as best we can by keeping the squad size at a manageable level.

Once again the fairness of PSR allows for clubs like Chelsea to have a squad nearly twice the size of ours, whilst Champions League Aston Villa have to precariously navigate through the transfer window.

It has still been a good one though.

Yeah the rules are rubbish and will continue to restrict us until that revenue is closer to the top teams, but I also feel we are being very cautious. Chelsea are an extreme version of not giving a toss and taking risks that I am hoping will come back to bite them with a points deduction or relegation, but I feel we can add 1-2 more players given we are getting a few out now on loan and have a small squad compared to the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and even Brighton. But those teams are still buying players despite having a huge squad. 

I fear if we wait to get players out the door before bringing anyone else we’ll miss out on our top targets. 

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Geertrieda ffs, was a replacement option for Carlos. He is a Centre Back who can play Right Back. Carlos Staying means no move for Geertruida. It's been reported in every f'ing link to Geertruida that it's dependent on CARLOS LEAVING

People just literally ignore that part of every single link and make up that it's a Cash replacement and Cash is being sold etc... 

The streets say hes a RB who can play CB. 

• Like 4

25 man PL squad

Martinez, Gauci, Olsen

Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Mings, Pau, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene, Barrenechea, Kamara, Onana, McGinn, Tielemans, Barkley, Ramsey

Watkins, Buendia, Rogers

U21s

Zych, Nedeljkovic, Duran, Bogarde

UEFA CL Squad

Martinez, Olsen

Nedeljkovic, Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Mings, Pau, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene*, Barrenechea, Kamara, Onana, McGinn, Tielemans, Barkley, Ramsey*

Watkins, Buendia, Rogers, Duran

U21s

Zych, Bogarde

At present Gauci misses out on European Squad but plays the Domestic cup games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mallett said:

This scouting report says Villa have already bid £7m for him. It also says that the player is on record as saying that it would be a dream to play for ManUre.

We need a sustained spell of success to get kids from around the world dreaming about playing for us. It’s also the platform you need to grow your revenue base.

United are huge in Norway and evwn played friendlies there in last few seasons

10 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Lukaku was performing better at the same age. I see Samu as more like a Awoniyi from Forest and that's my worry with him. Awoniyi was similarly a physical specimen as a kid and played for the German youth teams but his ability didn't progress as he got older and hence ended up at Forest rather than  Dortmund or Bayern. Personally think Samu will go the same way. I'd rather get Vitor Roque or try and get Ferguson or Pedro from Brighton

Awoniyi is Nigerian and was at Liverpool a long time and wasnt really known until he went to Union

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Geertrieda ffs, was a replacement option for Carlos. He is a Centre Back who can play Right Back. Carlos Staying means no move for Geertruida. It's been reported in every f'ing link to Geertruida that it's dependent on CARLOS LEAVING

People just literally ignore that part of every single link and make up that it's a Cash replacement and Cash is being sold etc... 

Dependent on Carlos leaving because of WAGES, not because of the position he plays.  Geertruida isn't coming here to be Konsa's backup like Carlos is.  If Carlos leaves and we sign Geertruida, we still need a backup RC,B.  Unless of course you think an injured Mings and Bogarde will suffice?  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Konsa right back and Tobido partnering Torres. And before you say Konsa is better in the middle, yes he is, but Unai plays him RB because he likes a defensive right back.

Geertruida suits us more than Todibo as you can keep Konsa in the middle but that link has gone very quiet sadly so don’t think it’s happening.

I would say that Konsa playing rb is because he wants someone who can actually defend.  Cash can’t.  He wouldn’t be RB if we had someone who Emery trusts against bigger teams

• Like 1

If we can get half of Dendonkers salary covered 45k with a loan, then with Moreno out on loan that could free up 80k which I would imagine covers Geertruidas wages and some.

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d argue, as other posters have stated it’s more to do with wages. 

IMG_2572.jpeg.8d34d7404b9b4627ff0e5ca51d746787.jpeg

Correct, Geertruida would be cash's replacement with Konsa moving back to CB. Geertrudia would also cover CB in emergencies with Cash coming back into the team at right back. The reason we need Carlos to leave first is to balance the books. We can't spend £25m on Geertrudia without getting £15m - £20m for Carlos first. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â